Predator Absolute Thread, all Absolute info goes here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Dr. Boots, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006
    I still think the Absolutes look cheap. And I'm not feeling that "great" touch either. I was told they're much like the Manias, but the latter are far better IMO, they look classier and most importantly they feel classier. Apart from the Copa Mundial, which I guess most people recognise as the most legendary boot out there, the Pred Mania was the only boot thus far I could just slide into. I don't know how Adidas managed to do so, but ever since, I think the heel is less well supported and the leather has become less good. All in all the Absolutes are ridiculously overpriced in my eyes. I guess Adidas has made such a good name for itself in the past, that they can sell less qualitative shoes for a lot of money now.

2. RealFutbol21BG

RealFutbol21BG New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    North Carolina
    IMO, I think the Absolutes are in between the Pulses and the Manias when it comes to touch. The Manias had a thin leather and the Pulses had a very thick leather and the Absolutes leather is about normal. It seems like adidas has learned from the pros and cons of each of the earlier Predators to make a more appealing boot in terms of comfort and touch. However, I think they are getting more and more flashy with the designs and colors which may lead many people to shy away from the Predator line. The Mania was the only pair of Predators that I ever had to break in. The Pulses fit like a sock the first time I ever wore them, and so did every other pair I got. The Absolutes fit great as well, so I guess it all depends on your foot type. And in terms of quality, I think the Absolutes are just as good as the Pulses and the Manias.

3. AfroSmiley

AfroSmiley New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Interesting. I'm gonna have to say that I like my Absolutes better than my Manias. I have a brand new pair of Abs and a pair of Manias that I've worn twice since I got them almost two months ago. The Manias make my toes go numb, but the Abs feel great.

4. Torres4Arsenal

Torres4Arsenal New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Shropshire
  5. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, with all the talk about the leather on the Absolute's, I was wondering what the synthetic will be like on the Beckham ones. I would guess it would be thin and similar to the Total90 material. If it is think and clunky then I don't want to buy them mid January.

6. mid man

mid man New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    GA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think it can be to thick..becuase on soccer.com they say they weigh 7.6 oz.

7. AfroSmiley

AfroSmiley New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    That's a mistake. How would the FGs weigh 7.6oz when the SGs weigh 10.8oz? Look at the site.
    My leather Absolutes weigh 11.005oz with lightweight insoles and 12.130oz with Power Pulse insoles. They are size 11.

The difference in weight between leather and synthetic Vapors is only like 0.4oz, so how could there be over a 3oz difference between leather and synthetic Absolutes? I doubt Adidas came up with such a lightweight material.

8. RealFutbol21BG

RealFutbol21BG New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    North Carolina
    I'm pretty sure the 7.6oz is with the light insoles. The PowerPulse insoles make the boot weigh 10.4 or 10.8 oz or something close to that but with the light insoles, they are supposed to be the lightest Predators ever. Also, in the pics on Soccer.com, they have the lightweight insoles in on the Beckham FGs.

9. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    The Beckhams don't really have the same tackiness to them as the AZT90II's did. They feel normal in terms of thickness. The 90's were very thick and padded. The Beckhams that we had out at the sale didn't get picked up the whole time I was there (I left with about an hour to go). Usually ANY new boot gets snatched up really fast. I didn't think they looked all that great in person. But I guess you need to see them for yourself.

10. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006
    I might be an idiot, but is there a thing as leather Vapors? If there is I've never seen them before. At least not leather like you see it on a Mania or a
    Copa Mundial. About the weight: football players hardly ever run at such high speeds that a couple of grams are going to make any difference. The touch, which is far superior on leather boots IMO, is more important.

11. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    yes there are

12. AfroSmiley

AfroSmiley New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    I agree. I have Vapors and the 4oz difference between them and basically all other cleats isn't noticeable while you're running.

BTW, the lightweight insoles in the Abs make a difference of barely 1oz. It's nothing big at all. I hate to tell everyone this, but the Beckham Abs do not weigh 7.6oz.

13. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006
    I've been meaning to ask, but:

are you most of you pros or something? I don't mean get the occasional money for playing football, like I and probably a lot with me do, but actually making a living of it. Some of you have about every high priced boot there has been over the last 5 years, so it hardly looks reasonable, unless you're a pro.

14. Keeper#1

Keeper#1 New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    just curious...i read the earlier threads about how the new abs will be released in either February or March....whcih colours are available...im fond of the gold and black line...just wonderin when i will be able to get a pair?

15. Keeper#1

Keeper#1 New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    i live in Canada.. and i was referring to the picture of the gold shoes that was posted above the blue shoes?...i emailed adidas earlier and they told me oh colours to be released in june. Im guessin this is sun and black :confused: if any1 could fill me in it would be greatly appreciated

16. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
    can some1 get me info on the durability as soon as they've had them a while...

all of my previous preds have gotten holes in a few months even with care..

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I'm not all geeked up on the absolutes to be honest, I can't see myself owning a pair after discovering Umbros... But I was looking at my newest europsort catalog, and I noticed that there is no FG model? Does anyone know why this is? I always thought that a FG model wasn't needed as it was identical to the FG soleplate for the most part minus the split sole and one more blade down the middle. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting.

(Too bad the synthetics are the beckham model.)

18. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    There is an FG model :confused: I've got them. You do mean the ones with the red moulds I assume? They sell the on www.justsocca.com Can't think why you would say that. I don't think I'm following, coz I know you know your boots. :)

19. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah i think its just a typo and he means HG, because they done HG versions f the pulse which was different to the FG because it was a whole soleplate and a few more blades

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

HAHAHA Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. I meant to say HG model. That will teach me to type after my bedtime! :D

22. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And do you like the M&S socks?

I haven't tried them out yet, might just go to the nearest field by myself cos all of my mates have either gone back to uni or work in the daytime so i have no one to play with
    :(

23. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    You can play with yourself. :D

24. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    WHeeyyyyyyyyy ^ comedian in the group. I head somewhere that Bex's new pred's were gonna be synthetic as well but bluey silver........ i think it was on soccerpulse