Predator Absolute Thread, all Absolute info goes here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Dr. Boots, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The Predator Absolute thread, all Pred posts here!!!!

where can i find a history of the evolution of the predator series going back to the venoms and the accelerator cup editions?

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Here is my take on the absolute. We have the white and gold model in the store I work in and I have to say I think the shoe is crap. The Pred rubber is almost non existant and poorly positioned on the boot first of all. The leather while being soft isnt that outstanding and the shoe seems was too narrow. The heel counter is flimsy and soft, it lets your foot slip up and out of the back even if your wearing a smaller than usual shoe. The removable insole is a decent idea but really not that effective.

Overall I say poor form on this shoe, get the 7406 or some pulses on sale if you want to spend some money on a decent shoe.

3. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005

can other people post more about the absolute's performance and duribility?

4. nafi16

nafi16 Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

a friend of mine bought the white/gold absolutes on the day of release and like after only a week you could see the toe start to wear away and bits of colour coming off the toe. i was pretty shocked to see that on a pred cause i've had the champagne manias and a prototype ying-yang pulse. those boots were really solid and it took a lot of work till they started to wear off. oh btw, the ying-yang prototypes are supposedly sized to mr. becks himself. the i forgot which way it is but one of them us uk 8 3/4 and the other is uk 9.

5. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA

Can you post pics of the prototypes?

6. nafi16

nafi16 Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

yep sure, they're not with me atm, we had a game last week, someone used them and still haven't given them back so yeah when i get my hands on them again i'll post pics.

7. nafi16

nafi16 Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

in the mean time here are a few teasers lol. these were taken when the shoes were brand new.

the rear view

[​IMG]

my friend shaf posing =P

[​IMG]

there's also this dude in my club, he came to training with the real ying yangs.i mean wth!!!! they're $723 shoes and he comes to training with them one!?!??! i would put it in an air tight state of the art security display, or i wouldn't even open them ahahahah. some people. crazy.

8. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. mrcreole

mrcreole New Member

Jul 10, 2003

The gun metal grey ones are the women's version.......They are in the catalog.

10. Joedaliverpoolfan

Joedaliverpoolfan New Member

Sep 25, 2005
  11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

New Absolute color update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a new Beckham color way in synthetic for WC 06 it will be blue and red silver. The blue looks like photo blue that nike used on the Vapor 2's when they first came out.

There will be a new Black color way with the leather being black, the synthetic in a silver/gunmetal and the adidas stripes and the pred rubber a neon yellow that is somewhere between the black and yellow f-50 and the neon yellow diadora uses (these are visually my favorite)

There will be a CL edition as well that is all white in the leather area, black fading to grey micro dots in the synthetic area black adidas badging and a red tounge. Very similar to the lunar manias.

The current black and red will carry over and the navy blue and white will also carry over. There will also be a HG outsole introduced but only in the traditional black color way with the red.

I think that is it for the new color ways for right now.

12. the assasin henry

the assasin henry New Member

Sep 1, 2005

Hey man thanks, i cant wait, did you see these in a catalog, or what. also do you have any pics.

13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

saw the catalog for the preds

14. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005

yes please love to see pics of these new colors of the absolutes.

15. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But

do you mean this one???
    [​IMG]

16. palwudi

palwudi New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Singapore

Thanks for the update!

What a beautiful shoe.....

Anyway, have you any idea when they will be released ie the new colourways and if so, can you please update it on the release dates thread...

thanks...I really like this forum although my wallet doesnt!

:D

17. mid man

mid man New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    GA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how do you guys hear and get pitcures of all these absolutes?

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

no it is a totally different colorway than this one.

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I work in a soccer shop, we see catalogs and sample models all the time.

20. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005

could you please post some pics?

21. DaRonaldinhoFan15

DaRonaldinhoFan15 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    absolute sizing

i kno people have said that the toebox is bigger/wider on the absolutes then on the pulses. but does that mean that you should buy half a size smaller in absolutes then pulses?

22. RealFutbol21BG

RealFutbol21BG New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    North Carolina
    Re: absolute sizing

Hmm...it depends...let me explain.

I usually wear a size 10 Pulse that is tight the first couple of times but then loosens up a little bit. I've only worn the Absolute once and it felt kind of lose and I'm kinda wishing I had gotten a 9.5. Basically if you're normal size is tight, don't worry about going down a size. But, if you're normal size is a little loose like mine, you should go down a size.

23. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
  24. deluecks

deluecks New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Austria
    Oh my god... those tuneIt's look so good... but I'm a predator player and still wait for a good looking absolute... :(

If I think about it... the End of the predator was the first predator without red tongue... until the red-black Champions League edition (pulse) one predator was more beautiful than the other (remember the first Beckham-pulse edition... a dream)

PS: On the homepage above my post it says that the beckham-absolute is made of k-leather... but that must be a fault seeing the picture...

25. tsc91

tsc91 New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Oklahoma
    well i am new and stuff and i was reading some of these posts and i saw that pic of the new black and gold predators and those are the ugliest things i have ever seen. they look like s*** if you ask me. they are worse than the white and gold ones which aren't awful but i think they look cheap and kind of tacky. not to mention i am not too impressed with absolutes. i have the black ones but i still wear my blue pulses cause they feel better.