Pre-season...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by CannuchMackem, Jul 10, 2015.

1. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A new look Sunderland team beat local non-league side Darlington 2-4 last night. When I say new look, what I mean is the new strip is awful....we are RED and WHITE STRIPES....not WHITE with RED STRIPES. We were also awful in the first 20 minutes by conceding 2 early goals, but rallied with 4 unanswered goals.
    Now it is regroup time, all the boys given extra time are back and Dick will sort out who is going stateside and who is staying home.......and maybe some new additions?

2. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll give you guys a full match report after the game tonight v Sacramento Republic FC.

3. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a crap second pre-season game, out in California.....lost 1-0......the first half was OK, but we looked disjointed in the second. I know we are still finding our feet, but I was not impressed :(
    We had better up to speed speedier......just sayin'

4. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not particularly impressive at all for Sunderland, especially in the second half. Republic dominated the game, but the second half was man v boy stuff. That said, Sunderland were clearly in training ground mode and didn't seem interested in raising their game even after going down 1-0. Any way you look it, though, Republic were the better side.

It may not have helped that the boys are lodging in San Jose, a three hour drive from Sacramento. Today they're taking a tour of Alcatraz.

5. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

From all reports some of them need to stay there!!!!!!!!! We supporters always have high hopes at the start of every season and it's always the same rubbish--------------hope Dick gets them sorted out------and quick!!

6. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, that wasn't very impressive......a bright start in almost 100 degree weather......Rodwell firing home after 4 minutes. After that we went to sleep......lost 3-1 but young Jordan Pickford saved a penalty (man, he can kick ball). The rest of them were not good......I know it is more about getting minutes on the field, but winning is a good habit, and we don't have any good habits......on to TO for next Wednesday.......

7. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Toronto game is live in just under 3 hours....link on the club website.....should be a good test!!

8. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Not impressed yet, 2nd half must improve:(

9. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    A WIN!!!! Nice way to end the tour, I'll take it:)
    Away the lads

10. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah Albb, it was a strange game, held our own with an almost full TO squad in the first 30 mins of the half, but our class won out against the reserves in the second half. Some good minutes out there for most of them, and still some time for tweaks and new additions before the season starts.

11. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haven't seen any of it but have just read all the reports and it didn't make good reading, need someone in midfield to create, need someone up front to finish, otherwise we will be in the same boat as we were last season, couldn't stand another year like the last 3.

I'll be missing again for a few more days out bush, but home next weekend.;)

12. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Live AUDIO on the SAFC site.....Donny have scored.....we are down 1-0.......Lens is playing and Kabul is on the bench.

13. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ugg.......2-0.......not good :cry:

14. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    OK......I think we can now start to worry!!
    I know it is still early, and fitness and game time is more important, but haway man.....we should give Doncaster Rovers a better game than that:mad:........on the bright side Lens had a great game :)

15. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    OK CM, Here we go again, we have the ingredients: We need someone with a recipe.
    I hope Mr Advocaat is up to the job! LOSING TO DONCASTER with a full squad is
    doing nothing for my confidence, I know it's pre-season....... but 2-0?????
    my prediction for season? TOP 17..... please
    Away the lads

16. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's that shite new strip I tell yer.........both of them o_O

17. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Back home. I'm not happy with this result, lets face it, it is time to worry, goals again are missing from our game, even with our top strikers on the pitch, this is not looking good, I can see another season coming up just like the last 3. Outside the 3 new clubs we are favorites to go down----------------AGAIN.

18. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Todays game from Germany is live on the SAFC website.......hoping for a much better performance....

Albb45 repped this.
  19. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Well if that was a better performance it is going to be another long season, I know who the best team were and it wasn't us.
    No sign of Fletcher, the defence looked better without O'Shea and Pants was the busiest keeper, we still need another attacking midfielder and a couple of strikers because if that's the best we can do we are trouble with a capital TTRR

20. Albb45

Albb45 Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Didn't get to see game on telly:unsure: but all twitter accounts sounded good!
    I'm thinking we'll do ok, looking forward to the season with confidence;)
    Bring it on
    Away the lads

21. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sorry Albb, but I would be worried, very worried if things don't change!!

22. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it was a much better performance I have seen this pre-season.....the passing was much better, and the interaction and style was there too. If we do bring in this M'Vila, that will strengthen the midfield and if we can bring in another striker, I think we will do OK.......we shall see ;)