Pre-season Matches

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Sven kicked off his first game with success as we beat Doncaster 3-1! We went behind but then goals from Corradi (who had a great game surprise surprise!), a brilliant sole effort from Richards and Mpenza.

Match highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhU0EGrVlc

We now go off to Sweden for two more friendlies against Örgryte IS and Carlstad United. After that we are definitely playing Shrewsbury and Valencia (Thomas Cook Trophy) and rumour has it we are playing Lille at some point as well!

2. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Corradis goal was a stunner, but Richards was due to the fact the opposition couldn't defend and some deft touches.

I'm more concerned about the easy goal that we conceded. Very slack defending. All in All, a good first hitout

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Another good hitout by the boy's in Sweden.

Not sure who the team was, (i'm at school, and dodging teachers while posting this) but apparently Bianchi,Corradi,Samaras & a kid scored. Apparently Fernandes and the kid (who played on the right side and caused a bit of havoc apparently) imposed themself well on the game.

When i get home i'll quote the article.

4. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    We played Orgryte and won 4-1. The "kid" was Logan - he played a blinder of a match and I hope he will follow the likes of Richards, Onouha and Johnson.

Bianchi looks like a really good player and 3 forwards scored!

Match highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LeFRq5mDCY

5. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Do you think he could come in and play in the premiership straight away ?

6. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Man City 4 - 0 Carlstad.

Bianchi took two, while Corradi and Laird booted the others.

7. Yid_Army99

Yid_Army99 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Any of you see the Carlstad match? I'm an admirer of Bianchi and want to see the goals. Hopen Man City does well this year, maybe you can manage a point against United this year, eh?

8. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corradi is enjoying a nice run of form huh? He's showing a different side from last year. We will see what happens when City plays some caliber defences. Bianchi looks good though, anyone know anything about Geovanni other than he used to play at Barca?