Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2020/21

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jul 21, 2020.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bananenflanke repped this.
  2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    imagine how it would have been for a guy from the 2nd team to do this in front of 62.000 desperately yearning supporters?
    Tasmania by the way got an interview-request from the NY Times...
    I guess S04 is going down (hopefully after handing out another 3 points to us), their roster isn't the right mix...

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    same procedure ... fortunately with a better result
    our 15th lead (no.1 in Bundesliga) and today we brought it home... with a lot of luck and a lot of fear... crucial 3 points, another draw and we would have lost track...
    Hinrunde ends here
    next: the Fatzkes... I already know which stories the media are going for...

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, the team were pretty lucky in the end, right? It's refreshing to carry a lead to the final whistle once. We are still in all competitions, so I think all in all the team did pretty okay to this point. Gladbach is in range for a cl spot if the team can keep up. As much as I like them but Union won't stay there until season's end and BVB will find their scoring boots again, no matter who they coach. So the usual 5 teams are all on track to qualify for the CL. Let's see who will miss out.

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Union seems to be quite stable (11 points ahead of their nouveau-riche local rival Hertha) … but they also were defeated in the cup by a 2nd tier club ... now they can concentrate on Bundesliga only...
    and don‘t forget Wolfsburg… Frankfurt might also get dangerous with Jovic being back

overall it‘s difficult to determine where we really stand, especially with the pandemic dragging on
    + we‘ve only lost 3 BL-matches BUT we‘ve also won just 7
    + we conceded just one more goal than Bayern BUT after 17 matches goal difference is at a paltry +5
    + yes, everything is possible right now BUT the team‘s interaction overall seems to have suffered in comparison to last season
    naive as I am I thought we would make a step forward this season because no key player has left and after doing the basics Rose could have moved on doing the fine tuning… but given this high clocked Corona-schedule the level of play is suffering EVERYWHERE and there is barely time for ANY training! that‘s a key reason why Zak is needing so much time to get back to his old level… and why the fine-tuning is not there I guess… even more or less all of the really big clubs are struggling in their leagues (of all things Pep City seems to be the one thriving at the moment)

our progress in CL is absolutely outstanding, but it‘s also overshadowed (especially in times of soccer‘s growing image problem) by Tikus‘ and Breel‘s behaviour (who‘s next?)
    from the sporting point of view I‘m content with what we have but I honestly do not expect us to finish TOP4...