Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2020/21

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jul 21, 2020.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd expect at least a four match ban too.

2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prolly. Congrats on winning the Cup btw..

kgilbert78 repped this.
  3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    despite I wrote this I don't really know what a 'stoppage point' in the context is ;-)

Highlights often are enough, especially in COVID times and especially with this match

regarding yesterday's match: there aren't even Highlights, just Lowlights, one of them unbelievably d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g... it's not mainly about a 4 matches suspension (honestly? should be much more than that), it's what -at least in the midterm- sticks on the player and last but not least on the club... that's not who we are! and I'm pretty sure that's NOT who Tikus is, which makes it even more unfathomable...

at the moment (the recurring sloppiness/lapse of concentration on the field, the Rose rumors and the Llama-show) we are tearing down with our arses in a few days what we've built up with our feet/strategic approach in months, maybe years!
    the club's direction now has to take some well-considered actions because all these things considered we are obviously heading into unpleasant fairways...
    media has already tasted blood... for a club like Borussia battling on high ground (CL & qualification for the next CL) is always a tightrope act... we don't need this shit right now...

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well i watch the games on the clubs fohlentv...i watched it exactly 14 times...u couldnt see the spit ....perhaps b/c they where verbally going at it...some spit went towards the Hoppenheim player...but u saw how the defender was taunting him when he was on the pitch fallen down...anyway i trust you my friend...maybe you saw it from a different angle...anyways what a way to bust up another lead eh??

:speechless:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Call me supersticious but have u guys noticed ...every time Wolf comes in we get screwed???
    As for thuram...i still dont think it was the kind of spit we all know about...their faces where very close and i think the guy was making racial comments and while thuram was downed on the pitch the guys boots where pretty much against thurams back and ass...and he was pushing..u can see it on the fohlentv.

Plus even if he did spit..the guy is classy and like a big kind giant...but we dont know what happened before thuram got up and face to face...i mean superstar players like zeydan have done worse...its no competition but we all have played the game and sometimes the fuse just blows..and it turns dark everywhere...and the brain simply hangs...am sure tho the media will make the best out of it...thank god the first round id over...but Rose is a super diplomatic politician coach too..it was great that he immediately appologized and didnt leave for the next day!
    I still think wolf should have stayed on that bench.flako was doing ok on the right wing!
    o_Oo_O:cautious::cautious::confused::confused:

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #31 Bananenflanke, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    I'm desperately trying to see why & how he could be of help, but I'm failing right now (contrary to Lazaro, I think here it's obvious)...
    guess Wolf just needs more time (and maybe more coolness & more body)

yes, Racism is the first thought, but Tikus didn't mention anything like this in his (pretty lame) Twitter-Statement
    yes, 'classy and like a big kind giant'... that's why nobody saw this coming... that's why it defies any explanation so far (at least from the outside)

I generally totally dislike when Rose takes Stindl out... of course, he has more informations than I have... but I don't like it all... exactly in those tight matches smartness is a key in the final phase... and often we suffer when he's out...
    Wolf looks jittery to me, not exactly my first choice for a late substitution...

there are clouds right now, deep dark clouds
    at the start of the season I thought: 'THIS SEASON IS T-H-E SEASON! We lost no key players, we have a great coach AND a quality squad!'
    and when I saw the schedule I thought: great let's finally humiliate the yellow Wannabes on matchday 1
    but then Lazaro came, played 30mins at Klosterpforte and was out for many weeks
    Zak's injury dragged on and on and on and on
    Plea & Tikus weren't ready to use and when we arrived in D'mund 4-5 of our 6 TOP-offensive players were out
    and shootingstar Hofmann (who would have thought of that?) got injured in one of these totally superfluos Jogi-matches
    Bense still out, he has/had symptoms

hence: very IMPRESSIVE that we nonetheless reached the round of the last 16 in CL!!!
    but as I said: tightrope act, we are much faster down the rope than the big clubs are... we have to get back our balance soon... at least Pep was friendly enough to acknowledge our history and our style of play... he sometimes is a courteous person...

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well with a big fine ( money i mean..no?) i trust u guys if u say he did spit...as i said on the clubs reply u couldnt tell:(

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :thumbsup::D:D:ninja::devilish::devilish::alien::alien:My new license plate in Canada

Attached Files:

Bananenflanke repped this.
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice-but word is leaking out *BILD* he's leaving for Dort in the Summer.

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have had mine in Ohio for a while....

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    5 matches plus 1 on parole (for 1year) plus 40.000€ fine (and he volunteered to do some more for charity)
    this went much better than expected for the club and for Tikus (especially as this totally misguided action gets an additional spin in COVID-times)
    some time in sackcloth and ashes (figuratively speaking of course ;-) in combination with his cheerful disposition will do I guess
    everbody deserves a 2nd chance (I like that he didn't opt for the racism-card when it -apparently- just was the usual trash talk)
    like with many other players all these matches in just a few weeks showed but the penalties Tikus gets from his opponents alone are gold

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    and the club is firing good news on all cylinders to scare away the dark clouds:
    Stindl stays
    Jantschke stays

and extra-important:
    Eberl stays
    Schippers stays
    until 2026

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This was too BIG of a fine...so the racism card was pulled out...just not by the accused player!!! This may even develope hate for the club by the players!:confused::mad::sneaky::speechless::ninja::alien::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys
    1.Merry Xmas to all ya Borusse...hope you'r healthy safe and happy next to family and close friends. As for me...another lonely Xmas which is followed by a lonely new year...don't feel bad for me....its the human condition sometimes...its unhealthy but am used to it with slight PTSD of course as a result!!!!o_O:oops::eek::confused:;):ninja::alien::devilish:

2.That guy called "Villalba" is very promising, strong, and wizard-like ball skills!
    Hope we can use the kind soon in our starting 11:whistling::ROFLMAO::thumbsup::D:ninja:;)

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I recently spoke to a distant relative I haven't seen for years
    he asked how the rest of the bunch is doing and I said: well, we are all psychos, in one way or another...

yeah, Bonhof fooled us with this one, heavily...

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    BUNDESLIGA has a cursory article, too
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...elf-borussia-monchengladbach-marco-rose-14112
    the last paragraph for my liking is wishful thinking...

the good thing is that Scally will get a precise opinion from Rose pretty soon
    there is no stalling tactics in cotton balls with Rose
    as far as I heard Beyer and Quizera (some say the biggest 'talent' of the 2nd team) got a 'not good enough at the moment' at the proper time
    another good thing: defence is really overplayed and Rose is certainly looking for options: Beyer might leave on loan, Lang out of focus which leaves Lainer (although gifted with excellent stamina might need a rest once in a while) and Lazaro (who helped out at the left and also is an option for the more offensive parts)
    but then again defence is shaky at the moment and most likely it's not the time for experiments... maybe the real adventure for Scally starts in 21/22

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd expect a player to take some time to adjust to Europe, so this makes sense. He probably starts playing in the RL and they will see how it goes.

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    especially as there is still a lot of a youth player in him
    yes he has trained with the pros but barely got any playing time
    this transition phase he is in is much about 'speed of execution', about switching from quick to very quick thinking/acting (it's the same for Quizera, Kurt, Reitz etc)
    the surroundings and the language shouldn't be a problem but Scally will also need some time to adapt to the fine-tuning of Rose's idea of soccer and how to gel with his sidemen...

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    last time the Hoenesses squandered a 2-0 advantage: 10 years ago
    number of Hoenesses-defeats (before yesterday) in their last 53 matches: 1
    percentage of the overall Flick-defeats which are credited to Gladbach: 50
    greatest player on earth: Stindl

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    seems we'll sign Manu Koné (french U18) of FC Toulouse pretty soon (~ 9M?)
    the designated Zak-crown prince it is presumed
    Mad-Bielsa and AC Milan were after him too they say
    I hope Max knows about this: he currently is on a 1-month hiatus...
    most likely Kone will not arrive until the next season as his club is urgently needing him right now

p.s.:
    today it counts: S04 is attacking the 55-year-old Tasmania record (31 Bundesliga matches without a win)... the Tasmania supporters aren't delighted at all: it's the record what makes them unique and they also don't want to be mentioned in one breath with a totally run down and deranged club like Schalke...

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
  25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just *have* to have a friendly with Schalke playing Tasmania this summer.

Sometimes the older players have given up. The kids are too young to think this. Mind you, I still think Schalke are relegation candidates, but I also recall that season where we got the worst start in our history...