Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jun 16, 2019.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its fair to say we gave them much more than they could handle...specially in recent years..and looking at their financial investment and arsenal of fire power...the only thing that is still giving them the edge is simply luck...they just manage to get the points..just like RBL.
    Still its great that we are up there...but not with much cushion..but we all saw what happened to BVB with all that cushion of points last year...id say it all starts when winter pause is over..but its critical to keep the gap small with the teams above and large with the ones below....lets see how we handle it all this weekend???

2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know-I've never tried to evaluate a club based on how cute their players were before..............:whistling:

Bananenflanke repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall when I was an exchange student with a number of students from my university... I was able to get a third of our class to attend a game--Koln vs Duisburg--of which all but me were female. Now this was 1978, back in the day where the shirts were loose and the shorts were...not. The gals kinda enjoyed that aspect.

Funny thing was that a few weeks later one of my classmates got a letter from her folks telling her that they'd seen this game on Soccer Made In Germany (a highlights show on PBS)--and suggested she go to a game. Her reply--"I was there--you should have looked closer!"

Bananenflanke and LuckyStriker repped this.
  4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How it all got started for me. Still remember: "Halftime News break-a weekly feature in and around Germany".............

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guys i couldnt get into that article b/c i had to sign up and am getting enough junk mail as is...plus less outside emails to me the better ( those of u that know what am meaning)
    But wasent this about most attractive team as in footballing....or about cute guys??? If your laughing at my expense now...go for it cause i laughed too!
    :D:ROFLMAO::cautious::eek::speechless::speechless::speechless:

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a quick, sad note. Former Bundesliga team Wattenscheid 09 has folded their regional league team with immediate effect.

7. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was a joke based on the fact that in my language words often have multiple meanings. :laugh: with you not at you.....................

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember way back when they used to play a pretty solid game and many players sent off to the top flight!

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Spitzenreiter, Spitzenreiter!
    I cannot stop celebrating ;-)
    at first: No.1 after more than 8 years for two weeks
    then: we loose one and we are still at the top!
    can't remember anything like this!
    yesterday I watched Leipzig and the commentator announced: tomorrow the 'Tabellenführer' is playing!.... felt kind of strange...
    I think I get someone to make me a commemoration-shirt... or should I go for a tatoo?

Rose said his booking was well-deserved, what really pissed him off wasn't the booking, it was the dozing video-ref (or Hummels-supporter) in 72th minute
    (if there is a UEFA-ranking for video-refs Bundesliga would be distant last, I'm sure)

Rose said Borussia has to learn to win this matches... and that they are getting some consistency into their play... I have no doubts this is gonna happen but I stay reserved for now... this might be linked to the fact that we have an intern. matchday today... I expect the worst ;-)... but I can live with that as long as we can wave at our Bundesliga-opponents from above

p.s.: Reus scoring against us on a permanent basis? I hate it! he's even hitting us if he has to play on one leg it seems
    and they new: he had the flu and they let him play (and then gave him a break against Inter)

Dage and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another week in 1st.

Another W at home.

Another injury.

Another week wondering about the midfield................................

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Spitzenreiter, Spitzenreiter!
    best start into a season since 32 years they say
    if we continue to do so the investor-clubs are gonna strip us bare at the end of the season...

"Yann Sommer is one of the most underrated goalkeepers in Europe. He is not the tallest - but how he can play football! Not many goalies can do that. " (Peter Schmeichel)

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't they always??

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    certainly not!
    unless your vison of 'strip bare' is them bagging in one or two important players per season [of whom we usually manage to replace one with a better one anyway ;-)]
    no I'm talking of four, five... players here
    but most likely we are not continuing to perform on top and the spendthrift-clubs consequently will remember that our players aren't p-e-r-f-e-c-t at all...

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    they lasted 109 years... when I think of W'scheid I think of their patron Klaus Steilmann (he lost his company, his life and 'now' his club), I think of Hannes 'We are swimming in the airless space' Bongartz (not on my 10-Borussia-coaches-you-should-appreciatively-remember-before-you-die-LIST) and first of all I think of Souleymane Sané, a genuine original ... although his son Leroy is much more talented I've never thought the same about him... which might has to do with the changing times: nowadays instagram-trivia, designer-clothes, bling, boastful cars etc have to be taken as some kind of 'individuality'... Leroy could have saved his soccer-nucleus e-a-s-i-l-y... that would have made him o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l !

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe with Rose at helm and with our new add-on features such as the new hotel ( at Borussia park) if the success continues ( am not even daring to mention lifting the shield , even the thought gives me serious goosebumps...but even into the CL with ease we may somehow grow back into the giant we once used to be...and no longer this giant will be considered sleeping...then we can hope to hang on longer to our top players...i was thinking when they would come after THURAM???
    Likes of Cuisance would be nice to get off-loaded tho!
    :eek::rolleyes:o_O:ninja::alien:

Lets see Lucien Favre bitting the grass on the pitch first and foremost tonight...what a pleasure would i receive if we kick them out of the pokal...with a huge BANG :devilish::devilish::devilish:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow
    We folded in style in under 20 min ...after almost breaking BVB's back on their own turf....but we seem to STILL lack that extra gear to either kill the game Italian style or keep the pressure coming....does anyone else agree our midfield ( diamond or not) is still not a force to be recognized with and we all know when midfield is weak....oh well,plus we are still very thin on the bench...the first 25 min we created a storm...a storm with no result tho!
    :cautious::confused::mad::(:speechless::whistling::sick:

17. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Amateurish referee, completly lost the drive of the game. Ridiculous refereeing. 2 stupid mistakes and a lot of not finished chances, Gladbach sometimes is a frustrating team to watch. And this referee.. what a bad bad referee, I hope he has finished his professional career today.

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Somebody did. Not sure I remember who though................................................

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the best midfielder was in defence, Neuhaus hasn't fully arrived in Rose-soccer yet, Benes had a bad day (I don't blame him, he's young, he's exhausted and he had some good days before) and Hofmann was far from fully loadable.... Bense did well as long as it lasts and Wendt did what he does all the time (incl. a little bit of alibi-defending) while Lainer in spite of expandable ball control messed up Schulz' day (like he did with his other opponents before)
    actually given the circumstances I didn't found it that bad... did BVB overrun our midfield and got on our defence's nerves? don't think so... but, as I said before: the last pass needs to be more accurate or better-timed, that's definitely the case

can't remember either! was it somebody we know? ;-))

LuckyStriker repped this.
  20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #170 Dage, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Denis Zakaria was the best player on the field for both teams.

Highest Bundesliga win ever?

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker didn't think so....

I remember being in Olympic Stadium watching Hertha vs HSV that afternoon--and the crowd reactions as word of the scoring kept going around...

Dage repped this.
  22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not completely sure-but at least one of us likely corresponded with the guy.....................

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another success! With injuries and cards & everything....................

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems that "everything" you mentioned above happening everywhere ( scary)...in this case, thank u lord it's only on the football pitch!

:ninja::speechless::ninja:

25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Spitzenreiter, Spitzenreiter, he he he!

Q: Borussia still on top, more than a 'Momentaufnahme' (snapshot) by now, right?
    Rose: "It's just a l-o-n-g moment."
    Kramer: "Everybody born after 6th of Oct know no other club on top. For them it's normal."

Rose isn't using up his players for the short-term success... it was an important match but with Jantschke, Kramer & Ginter being back, Zak, Benes & Stindl got their well-deserved break straight away

Bosz was pissed off by 1st half but thought their 2nd was much better, but Rose said 2nd half was about erosion of energy
    TV-pundit (and ex-player) Thomas Broich when asked at the cup-game what has changed for Gladbach from last to this season: "i-n-t-e-n-s-i-t-y"