Pre Season | Chivas vs FCB | 08 Aug 09 (8:00PM SF TIME) Pre/During/Post match thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by El Guero Sin Fe, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    TeleFutura!

fack fox soccer channel.

why the f. did that trash gudjohsson come one?

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    0-1 :rolleyes:

Dani Alves got raped.

3. Fgiriun

Fgiriun Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Why did Pep make so many substitutions? Its insane. Now Chivas scored :rolleyes:

Losing to a team like Chivas will take a toll on the squad's confidence, even if only slightly.

4. Swagga

Swagga Red Card

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Damn Barca struggling.

5. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca look like they are on 40% power.

6. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bojannnnnn 1-1 :D

7. Fgiriun

Fgiriun Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Nice goal, terrible defending by Chivas.

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    !!! Bojan!!!!

9. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busquets looks good today.

10. YoungR10

YoungR10 New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Largo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dos Santos is very good, he is like a young Deco... I like to watch him very much..

11. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    messi was incredible today

13. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    chivas could have won with that play towards the end, even though we were surpassed in every position. barca deserved the win, but chivas played a smart game
    *btw all of chivas players we're under 21 years old exept for 3 of them and the goalie.

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Parking was a CF and had I not paid to see the Barca match I would have turned the car around and headed home or to a sports bar to watch the match!! No backpacks into the stadium is pure BS, and so much for the sex lines for security as we had a female search us guys and it was obvious how the Chivas fans got the flares into the stadium, duh in their pants!! Traffic flow was horrendous and there was no comms between parking crews and folks managing traffic, I at times felt like I was on the Tour de Candlestick as they kept channeling us to another remote parking lot . The tapas were great at the tailgate and thanks to the sprint back to the car to drop off the backpacks I didn't have to spend too much time in line at Gate F entrance getting patted down.

Enjoyed the Barca-Chivas match, had Messi connected on that Chilena the Stick would have gone mad!!!! Puyol looked lost as usual and the post saved his ass when he was burned big time by Chivas midway in the second half. The atmosphere in the Barca sections was great and it was interesting as a Betico to see the demographics of the Barca fans, some Spaniards, Mexicans who were Marquez fans, and except for some French fans who were there to see Henry it was Americans from all walks of life cheering on the Blaugrana!! The crowd was just short of a sellout but the merchandise area was ringing up the sales on Barca gear big time! My kids who look their ole man are die hard Beticos loved the match and atmosphere and it was worth it to see Barca with Messi, Xavi, Henry, Alves and the rest of the gang!!:D

Er Pichi

1 person likes this.
  15. baggio94

baggio94 New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Ubeda, Spain
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was one of the suckers who paid $150 to get into a "private" practice (when I asked the woman on the phone if it was a closed private practice she said it was) when I could've paid $10 to do the same thing and eat the same food. The park and rec people pulled a major scam on fans who paid $150 misleading them to believe only 200 people would be in the park and their food was only for them...but those who were there now know people without those stupid wrist bands also got to eat food....When I tried to talk to the head of the who thing he pretty much blew me off and said I did pay for a private practice as he ran away from me.....I'm going to call my credit card company and try to get this charge voided.....what do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  16. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree completely with Pichi. Amazing to see Barca live, but the whole Candlestick experience was horrible [I also had to run back to my car to leave my backpack there - and it was full of...extra clothes. So inane.]

But i will say that the thrill of seeing Barca playing in front of me like that is something I won't soon forget. I haven't seen very many live football matches [this was #2] and you get such a different feel for the game when your view isn't constrained by the camera following the ball.

For me the most impressive Barca player, without a doubt was...Xavi. Head always up looking for the run, amazing ball handling. The difference he makes in the team was painfully obvious when he came off at the half.

Anybody else have match impressions to share?

PS: Baggio - that $150 breakfast was a total scam!

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great tip! Thanks, saved time and money.

18. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game might have been a tie, but it was better than the game against the Galaxy, and that was a fun game also. Chivas were very disciplined and I knew going into the second half that if they could get one good attack in they would score and they did. The Legion made a lot of noise and set off sparklers and flares, it was awesome.

I have to go find the poster who recommended parking at Piccolo Petes and rep him/her. What a godsend!! Driving up the 101 North, I saw the exit for Bayshore and took it all the way to PP's. No traffic, not even on the way out. Just a 15 minute walk, meeting all kinds of blaugrana fans (some from Barcelona, how did they know to park where we did?? :))

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry you were mis led. That said I am glad that the practice was open to more than 150 people. And those of us who did not have the wrist bands had to queue up for about an hour to get in and then the gate was locked before the stands were even 2/3ds full on only one side. Also, the food was not free to all until after 11 O'Clock, when they led the rest of us have some, before that it was only for wrist band holders and very few non-wrist band holders got any of the food.

One other clarification is that the folks were not SF Parks and Recreation, but rather the nonprofit Parks Trust which exists to help improve parks by raising money, so it is a good cause at least, and should be tax deductible.

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. SFC415

SFC415 New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^

glad you guys found parking near Piccolo Pete's. I ended up doing the same since my nephew is recovering from a major accident and can't walk too much (though you could never tell he has bolts in his legs when he was chasing down messi the day before). the atmosphere, the intensity, the anticipation....I just had a blast! I honestly felt it was the best game of the US tour, mostly because the Chivas came out with something to prove. The 2nd half against LA and seattle were dull, but the gamer only got better when the Chivas went up.

Baggio....I would definitely call your cc company and get it voided, and talk to one of the park and rec higher ups and demand a refund. I got suckered into something similar a few weeks back when I went to LA to meet Inter Milan. The team had a launch kit event at a theater/Nike store, and the organizers said that we would be able to meet the team at a private reception to the first 50 people who bought their new jersey. What a scam! The players were nowhere to be seen, and it was filled with a whole bunch of people who had no idea of who the team were. It sucked too cause there were many kids and parents who obviously bought the jersey for nothing. I ended up finding the manager and told him it was shady of them to lie to the people. The worse part of this was that he said that the team HAD BEEN THERE, which was a complete lie. I got in his face long enough for him to give me, my bro, and cousin a full refund.

22. baggio94

baggio94 New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Ubeda, Spain
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well I'm going to talk to the organizers first and give them a chance to set things straight before I go another route. My brother is an attorney and he said to contact them first then we'll go another route. It helps to see other people posting online having the same feelings I have....bottom line is something was advertised one way and the actual event turned out to be something else...I don't know about other people but $150 is a lot of money to me especially during these tough times and I figured for a once in a lifetime opportunity to maybe meet the players I'd go for it...but now I just have feel like I was scammed for $150.

23. baggio94

baggio94 New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Ubeda, Spain
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So I wrote a letter to the organization who ran that event and they called me and said they will refund my $150 :) so all is well that ends well....

24. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good on them.