Pre-Season and Hinrunde 2021/22

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 1, 2021.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, we did get the W...u and i both predicted much less than 10 points due to the difficult schedule we got handed over in the beginning of the season. Doe's not delete the issue of our weak PKs..giving away PKs..during such a tough schedule and against a team that could have come back from a 2-0 deficit should not be tucked under the rug, we have many other options. We struggle to keep early leads..it was around the 75th min i think when we screwed up the PK ...and already WOB had recovered one of the 2 goals...so am sorry i don't see it the same way, when you win all is sunny and roses..but it could have been very well a different end result..and that PK could have been our ticker to paradise seal the deal so to speak..and again we gave it away!
    :sick::speechless::confused::mad:

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been impressed with Kone over the last 2 games. Seems to be making a difference while Flo is MIA.

Rosebud repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And talk about Scally eh, total phenom... let's see how many radars have already locked on him to snatch him up?? He does everything right and he plays old school...very physical and with pride. Kone is Top-Shelf material i agree...but so is Bennetts, that guy can change games! Its great to see so many young and fresh players in our new system getting coached well by AH !
    :alien::devilish::alien:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stindl over the years has a great penalty record, I'd say give him the next ones too. If Lars does not want, Hofmann is next on my personal list.

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #57 Rosebud, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    My french friend raved about him when you signed him and the kid has been just as good as hyped. Really impressive so far and I'd like to see all three of them played together in the midfield at some point...though for now, I am all for Hüdder letting you build some momentum & stability around the current shape.
    I like Scally, but we still have to see how his offense develops. He was very good going forward against my eiserne & in this last match, but was very middling with the ball in the others.

An american friend even wants Joe to shift inside into Beyer's spot whenever Lainer gets back because he sees Scally more in the Elvedi mold. I don't fully agree with him...I would rather see Bensebaini playing next to Ginter & Elvedi, with Scally rotating in for Netz & Lainer, whenever you're fully healthy...and I do think Scally could be an interesting FB/WB, but he has a lot of skill growth to go.

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(Stale. Like 6 month old bread.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Coach D had a very well idea of how to put us in a straight jacket and lady luck also helped them of course...that was one very very odd goal by the old lady, a bit of blame on Sommer and his placement with the goalie line...but if not for mistakes then ????
    Hofmann has been stellar, pretty much carrying much of the load.I've said this before we lack power football and a bit of "Oldschool" this barbie/ballerina style is not football. We lack that hard-nosed physical drive...its been decades now. Now it's Hollywood marching to town and they are on "Fire"!!!
    The saddest part is winning major hard-earned points against the likes of BVB, Hollywood WOB means nothing when you go down or drop points against teams like VFB, HBSC ...basically below you so that's the biggest thing that hurts the balance. But since i was in high school this has been the case in GLADBACH!
    :sick::confused::confused::whistling::speechless::speechless::(:(:cautious::eek::devilish::alien::alien:

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @LuckyStriker
    Talk about them "My Dolphins" what a mess...aint gonna even touch that can of worms right now!
    :confused::mad::speechless::whistling::sick:

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game coning up. If we can't win we are at risk of being a relegation candidate. I think we're a little better than that, but I don't think we're in the top half of the league either.

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're helping my pathetic club- so I'm not going to complain about your water mammals right now.......;)

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But despite our aquatic nature...we are better than "Humans" you know who they are right????
    We lost some very very tight games slimmer than the edge of katana!!!
    :cool:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken
    Really???Relegation??? Please expand when u find the time my friend???
    Much obliged,

~N

PS according to our coach Hollywood right now is the best team in the world!
    Would make sense to break them at the Park...if anyone its BMG.
    :eek::eek::eek::sneaky::cautious::cautious::cautious:
    :ninja::ninja:
    :devilish:

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant Bochum on the weekend, not Bayern.

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BLITZ"FACCCCCCCKING"KRIEG....and then some:eek::eek::eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Need to breath a bit had to watch the game later on fohlentv....
    This moment ..what we did in Borussia Park tonight will forever resonate in "Eternity" and beyond !:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::alien::devilish::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    Silence for now:whistling::whistling::whistling:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i was back to the mid 70's and early 80s...and our wins against inter 7-1 and real Madrid 5-1 in Duesseldorf!!!!!

every ball was engaged, every battle was personal...and thank god Mr.Stindle decided to use his frontal cortex and let Bense take the PK...Man we didn't just achieve a historical landmark in the footballing world tonight...but we did entire Germany a favour by taking out Hollywood :speechless::ROFLMAO:;):rolleyes::eek::D:whistling::devilish::alien:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:Anyone wanna comment about our midfield " Leo Tank" Mr Manu Kone???:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The second half was looking to turn like the perfect Gladbach klusterfack that we hold the trademark to it ...abandoning what makes us productive and strong and dropping into a slump after big wins and great halves...but lady luck and sommer bailed us out! Thang good we picked up them points today:whistling:
    Nice bazooka by Blum!:speechless:
    We also play away to the 6ers in the pokal. Would have been nice to see RBL and BVB go at it....but BVB is always lucky in the pokal!o_O:ninja::devilish::alien:
    Anyone noticed recently how Wolf looks upset and pissed on the bench???:thumbsdown::rolleyes::whistling::confused:

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Smokes:confused::eek:...05 almost came too close to tearing us a new one if we had not scored that fortunate goal!
    They kept coming, we still have no answer to teams that play rough and physical. We looked tired and confused and always a step or two behind:barefoot:
    Sommer showed up this evening and so did Bense:rolleyes::eek::thumbsdown::whistling:
    Stindl not being on the pitch was also hard to compensate !
    Anyway we got close to riding lady luck all the way thru the end of the 90 and getting away with a huge robbery on the road....but they kept us in a straight jacket especially in the 2nd half:speechless::speechless:
    We have to be happy with the point:cautious::ninja::cautious:
    And then we have Florian's comments at the end of the game... it's not gonna sit right with many people in a club such as ours nor the coach ...just saying:unsure::thumbsdown:
    :alien:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was all the Blame on Neuhaus or its just the same old "House of Card's" folding to the ground????
    :(:sick::confused::speechless:o_O:eek::cautious::whistling::rolleyes::sleep:

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are what your record says you are. We're a middle of the pack team, capable of some good play from time to time. Next season will be a challenge, as I think we will lose 3-4 starters to free agency and may not have quality replacements.

LuckyStriker repped this.