Pre/PBP/Post Houston vs NYRB Aug 3 7pm BBVA

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Jul 30, 2012.

1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    yeah, i'm hoping for a Taylor man-marking assignment on Henry tomorrow night.

westside nailed it. this game is huge tomorrow. my concentration level at work today is playoff level 'zero'.

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man marking? Hmmm. Would you really want Taylor shadowing Henry all over the field? My recollection is that he skinned Hainault on the outside. I'm not sure I want to see Taylor getting pulled out of the center that much.

3. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey Ashe is going to have his game of the year.

Boniek will be the man of the match

4. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've discovered a new way to troll. Post to invite controversial responses - then remove the original post.

The_Ponce, cfig and JC507 repped this.
  5. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    Haha tell me about it rey, this whole damn week my mind has been on this match. If we pull off this win, and at least draw at the RBA that would be quite massive for us. Plus this game and all the big names that are involved in it, the undefeated streak at home is on the line as well. We got to get a W!

6. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping that his unacclimatized Everton ar$% immediately begins to feel the blastfurnace as he reads the sign when entering the pitch while wondering what he got himself into

[​IMG]

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got a very important voice mail from Dom. He wants us to get there early. So there we have it. If you get there after kick-off, you'll make Brian Ching sad and Dom Kinnear mad.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  8. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got one from Cory

9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ^^^ good point. i've gone over several scenarios in my head in the last couple of days.

is this one of those games where it would be better to start Taylor out on the right and move Andre in with BobbyBoswell.com? Should Andre sit this one out, pair up Taylor with .com and play Creavalle out wide? do you leave Taylor in the middle with .com but play Crevalle over Moffat? do you man mark Henry and let someone else beat you?

sht, i don't know! this is one of the games where i wouldn't want to be a football manager. i mean i'm losing sleep over this sht and i'm just a dude in the stands. knowing what we know about Dom he may be seeing Henry on his morning toast and Cooper in his fruit loops.

anderson repped this.
  10. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I agree with you that despite the appearance of Mr. Posh, this feels like the first significant match at BBVA.

The big question is, will we have any fan boys jumping out of the Walker End and chasing Henry around the field? That's my personal favorite non-soccer memory from the Rob; truly epic 5Star fail!

11. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I probably wouldn't start anyone who's not fully fit, but other than that, I don't think I'd make many tactical changes. We're playing well and we're at home -- with a great crowd and the heat. I'd just go out and play our game. Sometimes coaches out-coach themselves. We should be fine.

JC507, *rey* and troutseth repped this.
  12. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    that was so funny-to hear the crowd's reaction, laughing with every turn-then the guy tries to hope the bushes and does a face plant and the whole place let's out this OOOOOhhh! in unison.

14. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom called me too. He scares me a lot more than Ashe does, now I'm definitely getting there early.

(I would've anyway.)

15. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you get this picture?! This is so awesome!

16. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He went down there and took it.

cfig and *rey* repped this.
  17. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I am a geek-and am working slowly on creating my own miniature subbuteo stadium inspired by BBVA Compass. Nigel, you about the only person would even understand this. Anyway-I am including this picture in the equivalent spot in my stadium-outside of the locker rooms.

18. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, duh. I totally forgot he's got those fancy credentials.

JC507 repped this.
  19. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    wow i had not seen this before. Ive got to get back home to the OVEN. I cant wait to see a game live and in person. But since ive been in Indy for a decade now I need to wait til Sept Oct. as ive gone soft and think even Indiana is too hot for me.LOL. THIS SIGN IS AWESOME./ if anyone can post more of these id be thankful.

im up here at work in indy and noone understand why im so fired up about tomorrow night.IT s kinda wierd..but nevertheless...............comeonyoudynamokickthecrapoutofthembulls!!!!!!!

20. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

21. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    you start WC over Moffat no doubt. I know ashe is going to start you have to keep taylor in the middle to cover his ass and hope boiek can help out Andre with Henry.

Looking for a big game from Boniek watch Tiger Tim in the air though at set peices he has a knack for getting on the end of anything thrown into the box.

Cahill is a legend at the Den true pro really special player and good guy

22. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish the Dynamo would do something to the tunnel like the player tunnel at Pachuca - but I guess we don't yet have a 100 years of history to line it with.

The_Ponce repped this.
  23. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I was thinking the same thing myself. That is one impressive walk-out to their pitch.

The_Ponce repped this.
  24. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I know it's lame to quote myself, but here's a photo my dad took of one of the displays in the Pachuca tunnel.

[​IMG]

What will our tunnel look like after 111 years?

*rey* repped this.
  25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's 2012, our Mayan overlords are returning this year. I don't think we'll be around to find out in 111 years.

anderson and Levy2k6 repped this.