Pre/PBP/Post: Houston Dynamo v. DC United, Sunday, August 3

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jul 28, 2014.

?

Result?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2014.
  1. Dynamo win

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Dynamo tie

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10 midfielders? I say we play them all!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually was in junior high when Die Hard was released. 7th grade living in Alief brah.

2. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was there ever any doubt???

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel our folks are soccer savvy, get the ups and downs with being a soccer junkie following a team that we have a way of being positive and it shows, even in bad seasons. We know el footy.
    Also, on being able to joke back and forth, I thought it awesome after @Caddman 's take on me being there at at Delmar for the U.S.A. game in 1988, that it was Die Hard, a movie from 1988 as well, that had a great follow up quote to him! Terrific humor and as well Don, I enjoy our banter. Us in Houston should always know how to bust each other's chops, take it all in, dust ourselves off and always come back for seconds on our boards. Sheet, it's nothing personal eight! Haha! All of us un-educated, multi-ethnic, coulda played better than Tony Caig in goal, Houston soccer junkies need to be able to joke and be joked at. Such is life soN!

Heft, DNez2001 and DonJuego repped this.
  4. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember attending a Hurricanes game at Butler Stadium where they were beaten 5-1 by the New Orleans Riverboat Gamblers. And the goalkeeper was the best player on the day for Houston. Probably should have been 10-1. So anyway. When the Dynamo are going through a rough patch, I like to think of times like that. We've had it much worse here in Houston.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes like having 100 folks in the stands at Butler and then about 7 of us, one with a drum, cheering on the guys.
    It is specifically because I lived those days that considering all that has been grown here in our market and what our players earned for our city's honor, I sometimes wonder if (under current owners) ever strive to be all that Houston can be with the beautiful game. Like any good coach, I am happy, but never satisfied in my squad.

That would be the Chris I always wear a 90's era type "Pink Panther" goalie jersey. Great goalie and Houston soccer warrior!