Pre-Match: USOC Final - DC United vs. Seattle (USL-1)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sachin, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to run with the BIG DOGS baby.

2. ongreystreet

ongreystreet Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have their own forum, so they have to crash ours.

3. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong. They have the best forums in the world. They just come in here to show us how it's done.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because there weren't any forums before them, you see.

5. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Domestic whores only. Imports are extra.

(Loving the trash talk on this board. It's keeping me sane at work. :D )

6. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to post and play in the band at the same time. And they can only post in the afternoon because the Mariners are using their forums in the evening.

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Forums before them? Hell, there was no internet before Sounders FC came into existance :rolleyes:

8. ongreystreet

ongreystreet Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ole Gunnar Wazzu is a one man fanboy convention who gets it hard for tifo and stats. His post history is drool fest over attendance figures, fan fashion, and pictures of banners. When he does finally get a thought in post game, it's usually to inform everyone whether flags were banned or that he spent the whole match counting the number of away supporters.

This is the problem with these sort of fans is that they are bigger fans of themselves then the team they claim to support.

9. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Rothenberg, and the Word was Sounders.

10. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Geiger opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth official say, "Come!" I looked and there before me was a black and white ball! Its kicker was named Moreno, and Benny was following close behind him. They were given power over the field and to score goals, take out the defense, and win trophies.

11. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait . . .have you heard that he's the ref?

12. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Would you have felt better had the sentence begun with "When Abbey opened the fourth seal..."?

13. HN129

HN129 New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    This is my very first post so bear with me. I've been a DC United season ticket holder for 10 years and I love my team - through all the ups and downs - and read the boards regularly.

I am also a Seattle native who learned about soccer watching the NASL Sounders as a young adult. They were my initiation to the beautiful game that I now love.

On Wednesday I'll be at the game in my DC United Jersey cheering on my team and holding up a sign for all my friends and family in Seattle to hopefully see and be thankful that they finally have a team to root on. (One that I also root for - except for when they're playing my first love, DC United.) Vamos United!

14. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God no. But I would have felt better (not good, but *better*) if it was Stott.

But mainly I'm just trying to find out who the ref is -- harder than ever since the ref assignment database site has been down all year.

15. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Yeah, I did a little digging but couldn't find anything. Hope we get a half-decent ref. I'd hate to be discussing crappy ref decisions after the match.

16. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    Wait, hang on. So you're saying you want a half decent ref because you think his decisions
    (presumably) would be half decent, and therefore there would not be any referee arguments after the game? OK, so there you lost me.

Oh, but you were being sarcastic? So you hope the referee will be full decent (a phrase that troubles me in many ways), and therefore there will be no referee arguments after the game?

Are you at all familiar with what we do here?

Just sayin' you might be disappointed no matter who's reffing the game! I belive Solomon himself would get his head stuck on a pike in this forum after a sketchy PK called, or not called, as the case may be.

Frankly, I think it's far better to hope for nought decent referee (a phrase that troubles me even worse than the other, so why do we have half decent?) who is so bad he helps the home team and therefore negates any post game whining on this board altogether. Wouldn't you agree?

17. dbchcknmn

dbchcknmn New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Baltimore, Md
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repped...clubhouse leader for best dig in the thread IMO

18. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way I want that bastard Solomon reffing our game, I drink with him at the tailgate, he is way too smashed by game time to be reffing anything but which Barra Chica is best to follow up to the stadium ;)

Seriously, how hard should it be to know who the ref will be a day and a half out?

I love Seattle (the city), my whole family except me were born there, I lived there as a kid ........ I even bet while it was in the A-League, I was a bigger Sounders fan than half of these wanna-be "hardcore fans".

But now that they have finally made it to the big leagues, they, and their unnaturally bright green jerseys that blend in with the pitch, can go Die in a Fire™.

It will be so sweet to watch them sit with their faces in their palms as they watch their team disappoint them.

19. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    what the hell happened to Gus? that's who should ref tomorrow.

i think its going to be very, very loud with a very "edgy" atmosphere--i think it will be an excellent introduction to rfk for the flounders, a wall of noise that will in and of itself compress them out of defensive shape.

20. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    I'm thinking the Barra should throw trash on the field. While the Seattle players are sorting it, we score the winning goal.

21. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No no, we should throw fish, not trash!

22. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. pablo1neum

pablo1neum Member

Jun 19, 2003
    BOWIE!
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be sure that your sign includes a big shout out to my home boys on Capitol Hill! I'm sure you know which Capitol Hill I'm referring to.

24. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY