(Pre-Match) Mexico vs USA 8/12/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Mexico vs USA

2. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even as bad as Mexico is playing I don't see us winning this match. That said this is probably the best chance we've ever had to take one on Mexican soil. I can only imagine the shock and outrage in Mexico if this miracle actually happened. My heart says the US wins, but my brain says Mexico takes this match 2-1.

3. zenryan

zenryan Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Orlando,Fl
    atleast there is a lot of international matches between now and this game to hold us over.

4. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't even on my radar now. Confederations Cup and Gold Cup before I even start to think about this one.

5. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Mexico has been in worser positions before and we still won at home

IMO the only advantage the US will have will be that the game will be played at night and not during the day.

6. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can win depending on the lineup and tactics.

Torres starting will be the key to our success in Azteca.

7. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is out due to card accumulation for Mexico? (I guess I am thinking about this already).

8. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You still have to face T&T on wednesday to figure this one out.

9. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wished the USA could get at least a tie but its not probable. The team gave up two goals to El Salvador, three to Costa Rica so I can't see them getting out of there without conceding at least three goals, and I don't see them scoring more than once. Their best chance is to bunker down, every time they try to play straight up on the road they get burned.

10. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I don't, Mexico does, but and I remembered after posting that Mexico has a match. Since the US doesn't have a match until August 12th I momentarily forgot everyone besides the US and Costa Rica have matches this week.

11. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    USA is bound to beat Mexico in the Azteca sooner or later....soo who knows

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea they said that the last 10 years. same story different year. i think we'll be tied for second come August.

13. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You realize we only play them there once every four years.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    and the last time you guys won in Azteca is how long :rolleyes:

15. El Chuma

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times have we played there in the last 20 years?

16. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wow, ok.. if that makes you feel a bit better. :rolleyes:

17. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We only have one match until august and if we beat El Salvador we make 7, US has 10.. maybe you meant at the end of August.

18. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does make me feel better knowing I don't have to play T&T on Wednesday night since I'm in great shape right now.

19. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many times have you played in Mexico in the last n years?

last time? 1 year? 10 years? since the sport is played? the US has but 1 draw.

The thing is not how many times you've played, but the fact that the US hardly plays for a win there, crap they play like the visiting team no matter where they play.

I'm confident Mexico gets 3 out of each of the home games.

/p

20. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If you want to be such a literal freak then wouldn't you be bummed YOU don't have to play T&T SINCE you are in such great shape now.. they just came off a tough loss at home, they seem vulnerable :rolleyes:

21. El Chuma

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All I am getting at is that if we had more chances it might help, because of $ we always play in the US.

22. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I guess we should cancel all future games and WCQ. US, Mex, Hon, and CR will obviously make the finals. Just look at the history, they always do. Then again, I guess we should cancel the finals as well. Brazil will obviously win it. I mean, look at how many times they've won it in the past. Hell, I guess we should all just hang up the cleats forever and when we want to decide who wins just look at past records and go from there. No need to play the games anymore at all.

23. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The odds of winning in Mexico when not playing in Mexico are zero, the odds when taking a shot are a bit greater than zero, so yes mathematically you've made an outstanding discovery.

The Gold cup is played there for $ yes, WCQs are split (wins are not ;)), other tournaments (CA, WC, CC) have a host country...which leaves friendlies... ahh the friendly, the USA's way to pad stats, promote the sport, give it a shot against competitive hot dog eating, poker, womens college softball, and a slew of other "sports" TV prefers to broadcast over the NT. After all it makes it harder to promote the sport when your team loses (which is what would happen if you had more games outside of the US).

Mexico has no interest in hosting friendlies against the US, it is a boring game to play against the US.

Just curiosity, how does a guy who supports the USMNT end up with a name like "El Chuma"?

/p

24. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Would you also stop posting? Let me grab the phone, I'll make a few calls...

I am not saying Mexico will win based on history, my post was intended at your buddy who stated that they hardly play there and with that implied that was the reason they don't win there, because they are not given enough shots at it...

Well, I guess I have to use history nonetheless because I am sure you see the CR-US game as "history". Regardless of history, the way the US plays does not give them enough to win in Mexico, I have not seen anything impressive from the US these WCQers.

This (among many other things which have to do only with Mexico as a team) is why I believe Mexico will win at Azteca.

/p

25. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I wasn't even talking to you. In fact, I have you on ignore. If you don't like my posts I suggest you do the same to me. I have no clue about anything that you've said in this thread. The only reason I saw this post is because by the time I hit refresh I had been timed out and logged out of BS. My response was to people, in general, who use the fact that we've never won in Mexico to predict that we never will.

I have not seen anything impressive from Mexico these WCQers, either.