Pre-Game Thread: 4/22 Dynamo v Real Salt Lake [R's for 4/15]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Apr 17, 2006.

1. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Correction. juvechelsea, I see you were suggesting maybe Clark at right wing for Mullan. I was suggesting Clark at right back for Gray. I know you don't care much for Mullan's play based on what you've seen so far, but I like him a lot based on watching him for a few years (but admittedly not having watched him much this season). I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. In any case I would be extremely surprised to see Dom play Clark at right wing for Mullan. I would be less surprised to see Clark at right back because he played there some last year for the Quakes.

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Salt Lake Tribune:

Dynamo adapting to a new home field

3. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If prior match guides have been any indication, this will be the first time that the away team has worn a white jersey when Houston plays. RSL's uni is white in the guide.

And why isn't DeRo playing?

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That lineup graphic is weird. The Game Notes section of the game-day guide says DeRo will play.

5. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    It's the European playbook in action. "Our star player is doubtful, we are really going to miss him." Meanwhile, he's been slated to start the whole time. It's all tricksies and psychological warfare.

Either that or the Dynamo FO is FUBAR.

6. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    What's the deal with Goldwaithe? Did he lose his starting spot to Waibel or someone else? In the game against Colorado he took most of the set pieces. I thought he was going to play a significant role for Dynamo.