Pre-Game Thread: 4/22 Dynamo v Real Salt Lake [R's for 4/15]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Apr 17, 2006.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo hosts RSL at Robertson this Saturday at 7:30 pm.

The game will be televised in English on Fox Sports Net Houston (available on the DirectKick package) and in Spanish on TV Informa, Channel 43. It’ll also be on the radio in the Houston area in Spanish on Concierto 850 AM and 101.7 FM.

We'll have an in-game, play-by-play thread on Saturday.

The official site should have a preview page with a link to a game-day guide in PDF format on Friday.

Here are some game reports about RSL's last game - at home against RBNY:

RSL's Jason Kreis added to his own all-time MLS goal scoring record. RSL has 2 goals (Kreis, Klein) in 3 games, with a -4 goal differential. Both RSL and Dynamo have given up 6 goals in 3 games.

DeRosario is back from suspension. Davis started last week, but Robinson didn't make the trip to DC.

What's your prediction for the game? Score?

I'll predict that things get back on track - Dynamo dominates and wins 2-1.

Also, anyone have a pic of RSL's mascot, Leonardo the Lion?

2. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I think the dynamo will throw everything expect the kitchen sink in the net of Real Salt Lake. We will win 3-1

3. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

4. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Houston's first shut-out victory this weekend. 2-0, goals by DeRo and Chingolazo.

Leonardo the Lion gets manhandled by a ThunderBear (leftover from our arean football team).

Fake Salt Lake gets the honor of being the first, of many, to breakdown in tears in H-town.

Sylvia Gatos doesn't show up again, to the delight of many fans.

5. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going 3-0 to us, although I somehow voted for one or two goal convincing win...

Chinger gets one.. the other two are up for grabs..

rock

bford

6. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    [​IMG]

8. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say that's taking the whole "Wizard of Oz" thing a bit too far, but this is RSL not KC.

[​IMG]

9. SokkerNut

SokkerNut Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got to be kidding me. I never thought RSL would do something like this.:eek:

10. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Welcome to the jungle Real!!!!

I think its going to be in 90's and humid welcome to the jungle.

I hope the dynamo play the song welcome to the jungle on saturday!!!

11. hugasan

hugasan Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Welcome to the jungle Real!!!!

In order to condition the dynamo players to our humidity, they should drive around town without any A/C. Read an article in the chron that one of the players was quoted how the heat and humidity is already affecting them. It's not even June yet!:)

12. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

You got to be kidding? This guys are pro's and must handle everykind of condition. I know they played in 60's degree weather but now its time to play in the heat and humid conditions.

I was hoping for home advantage on the weather but I think our team will not be able to handle the heat.

I have played soccer during the summer league and I tell you its a killer you feel like passing out with the heat its going to take a couple of years for their body's to get use to the heat and humid days.

13. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

I agree. This season both teams will be negatively affected, with a slight advantage to Dynamo. In a few years, the humidity will be a major factor.

14. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some player updates from today's Chron:

Also, just fyi, here's the team's practice schedule for the rest of this week in case anyone can make it out to watch:

Tuesday, April 18:

10:00 to 11:30 AM, at Carl Lewis Track Field (UH).

Wednesday, April 19:

***DAY OFF***

Thursday, April 20:

10:00 to 11:30 AM, at Carl Lewis Track Field.

Friday, April 21:

10:00 to 11:00 AM, at Robertson Stadium.

15. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are practices open for fans to come and view???

16. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that if you just come to watch without doing anything distracting, it's ok. A few of our regular posters have apparently just walked in and watched practices.

17. NedAg

NedAg New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Nederland
    Was that Leonardo the Lion dude in Skynard?

18. jaa1029

jaa1029 Member

Dec 29, 2005
    H-TOWN
    Does anybody know how many tickets are expected to be sold for Saturday's game and Reotardo the Cowardly Lion better watch his ass because U of H's coogs are going to pounce on him.

19. CK

CK Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Southeast
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On paper we're the better team this week. I don't see us winless in 3 straight games, so I'm going to predict a 3-1 win.

Jason Kreis showed last week that he is recovered from injury, and that he can still score the goals. He will be back on the starting line-up this week. Andy Williams is washed up, but he's still the best attacking option for RSL. For RSL to get better they need to draft or find a good foreigner to play the attacking mid role. RSL likes to play the 3-5-2, unlike previous formations that we've seen (KC played 4-3-3, DC played 4-5-1). Here's what I think we'll see coming Saturday.

----------------Garlick-----------------
    ------Talley-----Pope------Torres------
    ---------Cutler--------Sequiera---------
    --Klien---------------------Ballouchy----
    ---------------Williams------------------
    ---------Kries-------Cunningham--------

I've never been a big Talley fan. IMO, he's a wreckless player who makes tackles which can injure the forwards. The attack will come through Klien, who is by far their best player. Garlick is still a good keeper, so I would expect him to keep the game close for a while. 1-1 halftime.

I think we should counter this line-up with a 4-4-2, dimond midfield. I like Waibel on the outside to start this match, but the right back spot is wide open for this match.

----------------Onstad---------------
    --------------------------------------
    -Waibel----Serioux---Cochrane--------
    ------------------------------Barrett-
    ---------------Clark------------------
    ---Mullan---------------------Davis---
    --------------DeRosario---------------
    --------Ching----------Moreno--------

Moreno will score twice, once in each half.
    DeRosario gets another goal in the second half.
    Cunningham finally scores for RSL in the first half.

I think Ching will get shut out Saturday.

20. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    If he's out of Dom's doghouse, I think playing Eddie Robinson on the back line would increase the chance for a win (though those chances are already pretty good).

21. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm not sure how good Robinson is, but might it be preferable to play Serioux in mid and Robinson in back and search for a spot to dump Clark in? Clark looked like he was going through the motions last game. I'd like to see Serioux as the defensive mid considering our issues with giving up long shots and free kicks from opposing MFs.

Perhaps Clark at right wing? Mullan was exceptionally lazy last game at being in defensive position, ie, playing the passing lanes. Just go back and watch the game and you'll see.

22. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a spare ticket in the supporters section. PM me if interested.

23. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Robinson's damn good. He can just get a little reckless, which can result in an occasional red or an injury. Anyway, what you suggest is what I've been advocating. Robinson in back with Waibel or Cochrane (I prefer Waibel), Serioux at d-mid and Clark at right back.

24. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn! Does anyone else feel like two weeks is too damn long w/o a live Dynamo fix? Think about where we were before the announcement in Dec. Sure, there was already plenty of talk about SJ coming to Houston, but no one knew for sure. Now, we have "our" team, with all that has meant to supporters in other cities worldwide. E.g., feeling on Thu or Fri like Sat. can't get here soon enough...

I'm supposed to meet a couple of friends at a Taize prayer service at Villa de Matel this evening (we've sung quite a bit of Taize stuff at St. Anne's, but I've never been to a Taize service as such). I'm just hoping I don't break out into "Hey! Ho! Dynamo!" during it...