Pre-Game Rituals...

Discussion in 'Player' started by FCBayern1613, Dec 14, 2005.

1. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    i have so many things i have to do before a game i will never put my left sock on before my right one. I never take my livestrong off i just tape it to my wrist. just little things like that.

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I smoke a joint with my friends. Result=sensory enhancement, greater sense of depth, usually leaving me the best player on the field.

3. metrofan_goal23

metrofan_goal23 New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Virginia
    i always dress from left to right. i also touch the left goalpost then the right before kickoff.

4. AfroSmiley

AfroSmiley New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    WTF?

If a shinguard or a sleeve or a sock has a sticker, a tear, or anyithing that makes it different from the other in the pair it has to go on the left side.

I've tried really psyching myself up for games with music and just sitting and thinking, but it makes me play like sh!t. Getting overly serious about it hurts me. Really, I always play best when I just goof around before the game. I know, it's probably not a good thing...

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I have the longest ritual ever.

Get up, have a poo (seriously, I always need one before a match. Maybe this is what is meant by sh!tting yourself). Eat a lovely bowl of Rice Krispies and have half a bottle of Lucozade Sport. My bag is always ready before I leave, so after I get dressed (right to left) I touch the top of the door and leave. Get to the ground, dress left to right, bottom to top. Go out on the pitch to warm up with the same jumper on listening to some music. Have a full bottle of Lucozade Sport. Go back in changing room, change boots if they don't feel comfortable, normally they are ok. Come back out on pitch, touch the touchline and cross myself. Before kick off, jump up and down twice, then touch the ground and cross myself after the ball has been kicked to start the match.

That's it really.

bigg skizzle

6. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm basic, I put the sh!t on (I don't care what order), I listen to some music, I always do "my own" warm up separate from the squad (but normally b4 they warm up). All of this is done with my headphones blasting. "My own" warm up is just the stuff I like to do, first I'll jog back in fourth, then I'll statr doing high knees and butt kicks, then I'll do a couple of shorts sprints just to get warm. The I will start juggling a ball, and sometimes pass/shoot. Then I have to do team crap. But I always get focused b4 a match...

7. Madison midfielder38

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohio
    I pray to GOD that I wont brake my ankle or any bone in my body ever again.
    Then I listen to some music then get on the touchline then cross myself.

8. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    burn one up go eat something 15 minutes before the game
    pray i wont mess up and be the vilan of the game.