pre-game meals

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soccer4life_7, Mar 3, 2004.

1. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    what do ya guys eat before the game ...how many hours before?

2. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Bacon sandwich and a cup of tea about 2 hours before the game.

A can of coke about 1 hour before the game.

Jelly babies just before.

A couple of pints and a cheese roll afterwards.

3. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I can't eat a full meal within 2 hours of a game, so I eat a small meal about an hour before the game, usually packed with carbs, like some french fries, mashed potatoes, etc etc etc. Maybe some honey roasted cashews and my pre-game drink of choice: NesQuik chocolate flavor! Mmmmmmmmm.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you serious? with the tea and the coke i'd probably throw up.

5. zacdm

zacdm Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Something when i get up in the morning like a Bacon Sandwich, about 5 hours befoe and then stop on way to game, and get either a Boost bar or Lucozade Energy Bar. on way to game about 45 mins before Kick off

6. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    I like too have about 6 donuts and a few beers about an hour before the game...

7. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    hey you think it ok if i eat pasta...i usually eat it 2 hrs - 3 hrs before a game .. and i drink water..
    ps how can you possibly drink milk before a game doesn it hurt ur stomach????

8. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    hey, is chinese food healthy? I usualy order Teriyaki Chicken with rice and chowmien.

9. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Nice to know I'm in good company. I thought the only people who posted on this board were health freaks and pro's.

10. GreenDay

GreenDay New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    Estonia
    Rice and chicken is a good choice before a game. I try to eat a lot of carbs at least 3 hours before a game of training like potatoes rice or pasta. If I leave less time than that, I'll feel awfull.

11. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    usually my games are in the morning, so the only thing i eat is a banana. i'm not usually that hungry. but i like to have a lucozade sport.

by the way, don't buy the powder lucozade sport, it stinks!

12. number19

number19 New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Louisiana
    I ALWAYS play better whem I have lunch from the Chinese place down the street from my school, so yeah, I think it's good.

13. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    pigeon mcnuggets.

14. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pasta's definitely a good thing to eat a few hours before a game. Before a game I usually eat some kind of pasta, a banana or apple, and an energy bar. Having a sub sandwhich wouldn't be a bad choice either.

15. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Don't have a set food for before a game, just whatever's going. Usually just a roll or something.

Always drink a bottle of Lucozade just before a game though.

16. ARG_Fan

ARG_Fan New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Canada
    I usually eat Pasta about 2 hours before the game. Or something with high Carbs.

17. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Lucozade doesn't work if you drink it just before a game. It must have time to work, so you are best to drink it the night before, or in the morning before a game. It's the same with Powerade and the rest of those kind of sports drinks.

18. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    I'm usually to nervous to eat anything. And when I do I get stomach pains and have to take a crap like as soon as I step on the field. Maybe a nutrigrain bar and orange juice is the most I'll eat. I'll usually eat alot in the week leading up and drink about 5 gallons of water.

19. af13allstar

af13allstar New Member

May 14, 2003
    dont eat nothing inside 2 hours of the game and if u do make it real small and make sure its got carbs.

for real tho if u eat somethin inside of two hours it will just ******** with ur playing ability.

20. af13allstar

af13allstar New Member

May 14, 2003
    and sip on some gatorade like right before game time it gives u a boost like 20-30 minutes

21. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    thanks

thanks for all the posts i guess i will just keep on eating pasta 4 hrs before the game....

( i would still like to know if milk hurts you befor a game :p )

22. dcsoccer2000

dcsoccer2000 New Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Washington, DC
    pre-game & half-time: Red Bull...it gives you wings!

23. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    Re: thanks

Milk kills you the day of. Stay away

24. thedeuce_2

thedeuce_2 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Virginia
    I try to stay away from fats and sweets on gameday. I have a big sandwich with lots of protein about 1-2 hours before kickoff and I drink alot of soda or gatorade with sugar before the game.

25. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    Re: thanks

see i new that. why would somebody drink milk it was posted earlier in the thread and i wanted to know if the guy threw up??lol