Pre-game 11/25 KC/DCU - Won't Dave be thrilled? [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Mad_Bishop, Oct 19, 2003.

1. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    hell according to the F*RE website DC is already in the playoffs

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Another Crew fan hoping you guys kick their asses.

3. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Re: Re: Re: Pre-game 11/25 KC/DCU - Won't Dave be thrilled? [R]

Maybe we could just hire Dema Kovalenko. Hell, he'll already be there!

EDIT: He will be in the stands, even better, since he's on Yellow Card suspension

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Pre-game 11/25 KC/DCU - Won't Dave be thrilled? [R]

Awesome, now we don't have to worry about him injuring Josh...... nevermind.

5. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Pre-game 11/25 KC/DCU - Won't Dave be thrilled? [R]

I'd be glad to host you for the Crew-Fire game on Sunday, provided you pay for your own airfare. :)

6. Van Buren

Van Buren New Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Kansas City, Mo
    In normal circumstances, I think regular season games aren't that important, but this one is. If KC loses, it will make things much easier on me.

I'm a wiz and KU football season ticketholder, and if KC gets the 3 seed, they host Nov.1 and are at Colorado Nov.8.

KU plays the Corn Nov. 8, and I just know tv will make it the 6 pm cable game forcing me to choose between possibly seeing KU beat the Corn for the first time since 1968 and seeing the Wiz on their march to cup No.2.

So how am I supposed to root?

Perfect scenerio, KU/Neb. gets the 11:30 game Nov.8 and Wiz, after beating DC, get to host the Nov. 8 game already up from a 2-1 win in Colorado. it could happen...

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You had me going until you got to the part about my beloved Jayhawks beating Nebraska in football.

Good one.

8. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    You never know, KU is the only team left in the old "Bermuda Triangle" of college football that hasn't beaten NU in a few decades.

Also, speaking of things with little chance of happening. KC will not be feilding a healthy lineup.
    Meola from KC Kicks taped Wed. night post-practice. He said that in :15 minutes of practice not only did Wolff go down with the rib injury (they are trying a flak jacket ala NFL - it didn't sound encouraging), but Gomez is OUT, Igor repulled the hammy, and Wolde went down with a Quad.

Brillient timing.

Also every time I click on this website it takes me 3 minutes to get to the next/last page. Appologies if this prints in error. To the powers that be: Here are the error messages that I received previous to getting to this page. I get a new set every page.

Help.

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: file(http://www.soccer.com/channels/elements/header.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: join(): Bad arguments. in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: file(http://www.soccer.com/channels/elements/chbarboards.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: join(): Bad arguments. in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 28

Warning: file(http://www.soccer.com/channels/elements/left.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 28

Warning: join(): Bad arguments. in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(327) : eval()'d code on line 28

9. JPNutter

JPNutter New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Kansas City
    How sweet, a KU football thread has broken out. I never thought I would see the day *tear. I am also a Jayhawk fan but there is no way in hell that I'm missing bobs last home game so I can see the corn beat the hell out of the hawks.

10. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    It has to be better than several years ago the last time the beakers had a good record coming in to a home game with NU. It was over at halftime and 90% of the KU fans left to stand in line for KU v Podunk Teacher's College tickets, leaving about 25,000 husker fans to enjoy the rest of the bloodletting. It looked like a NU spring game with the red team wearing blue.

Either way, I'm sure this year's game will be two things: Much closer and more blue in the stands at 0:00.

Back to more important things - who has a lineup without Gomez, Igor, and Wolff available? The back 4 will stay the same I'm sure, but then what?

11. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    dc will be short also. This might have a "B+ team" look between both teams. From the dc board:

OUT - Olsen, Reyes, Rimando
    SUSP - Kovalenko, Eskandarian
    Questionable - Barclay, Geddes, Stewart
    Probable - Warren
    Out of The Country - Etcheverry
    Available - Alegria, Carroll, Cerritos, Convey, Ivanov, Martins, Namoff, Nelsen, Perea, Petke, Prideaux, Quaranta, Quintanilla, Stoitchkov, Stokes

At the very least dc will have a short bench and will be something less than top MLS quality in net. Also affecting dc will be that some that will start shouldn't be at top brain and body as they have had few minutes.

KC will deal with the 4 injuries this week as well. Arnaud had better be able to play some D up top. As Davy is the only healthy true FWD, the formation should be something like the 3-3-3-1 used previously. Maybe this?

Meola
    Garcia Guti Conrad
    Zotinca Zags Talley
    Klein Preki Quill
    Arnaud

KC 3-2

12. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The small MLS roster is really starting to rear its ugly head. :(

13. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've pretty much been playing without them in the lineup most of the year so it's no big stretch until sub time.

We seem to be running something more like this lately. Isolateing Preki on the right with Zotinca able to run up on him for 15-20 yards unchallenged. Left side is set up for tighter passing and against the grain type runs toward Preki.

------------Meola

-----Conrad----Guti---Garcia
    Zontinca
    -------------Zags
    ------------------------Quill
    ------------------Klein
    ----Preki
    -----------------Armstrong
    ----------Arnaud

Subs go like this:
    First Sub: Talley for Cards/Quill/Injury. The starting front four should be more than adequate to handle counters and Talley gives us more vertical on corners when he needs to be up for a sec; otherwise hold things appropriately and don't give up dumb chances. Maybe Zotinca move more into midfield and Talley becomes more defender.

Midfield: Maybe a Vazquez midfield sighting??? has he even seen a minute with us? After that it's P40's and I think Grahm has looked better than Jewsbury in the M/F minutes that they have. And that's not holding Jewsbury's disaster as a wing back vs Colorado against him. Hendo, Chung, Spencer & Carrieri running at a rookie will embarass most of them at some point.

Defense: Brunt - he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be on this board. He's a little more "polished" now.

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  15. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
  16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Yeah, play-by-play/in-game commentary. If you don't know what AIM is just click the link above for the DCU FAQ.

17. JPNutter

JPNutter New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Kansas City
    I for sure know that good ol Woldie doesn't know what AIM is

18. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AOL Instant Messenger chat.

by the way, i saw a couple wizards supporters at the match last night. not including andy. good showing. some even stopped by our celebrations to congratulate us.

19. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, unless Brian Luke can actually be a halfway decent QB (he needs to learn how to handle a snap first) or true freshman Adam Barmann is a Whittemore-like diamond in the rough, the first part will probably not occur.

20. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    As I was sitting in the stands in Manhattan this weekend (yes, I actually paid and made the trip down there, hoping to see a good game), a thought came to me... now hear me out on this.

Michael Lee.

The kid plays every position on the basketball court, even though he's like 6'3". He played high school football, was all-state. (And I know he was a tight end, but still).

Give the kid a shot at quarterback. He's taller than Billy Heisman, and can do everything we need him to on the basketball court. I mean, come on! He can't be any worse than say, Zac Wegner or Dylan Smith. ;)