Pre-match: Pre, During, Post Match Discussion:Chivas USA vs. Sounders

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MARCH_, Apr 13, 2009.

1. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    bad news, nags is out (by far our most efficient player). does the dirty work, maintains possession.
    good news, sacha goes to a more effective position (my only concern is the drop in defense from nags to sacha. sacha tends to resort to a "hack tackle" a bit too much). atiba is also more effective on the right wing rather than on top (speed, attack, decent defender)

thornton
    trujillo - shavar - talley - bornstein
    tiba - marsch - kljestan - gerson
    lillingston - esky

2. Shaz

Shaz New Member

May 18, 2008
    Nashville
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Great points. No arguments here. Without a doubt nags will be missed badly. This guy is a rock in CUSA's mid field and I agree he's their most efficient player. However, the guys have to be pros and apply themselves and fill in where they are needed. I'm sensing a draw in this match. 1-1.

Peace Shaz

3. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too bad nagamura isn't available for you guys. But Keller is gone for us. I would have liked to see both sides at full strength, but ah well.

Hopefully tonight won't be ruined by the refs.

4. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, lets hope its a entertain game for the sake of MLS.

5. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Attiba's touch is atrocious, cheap give aways. Eh. Under pressure he turns into mush.

6. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good officiating so far

7. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Congrats from an FCD fan. Your team is very entertaining and effective at the same time - not an easy task. Especially with Alex Prus officiating. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, despite the fact that it reminded me how far my team is behind yours'. Preki has done something quite special to be sure.

8. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just got home from the game, the boys made us proud again, they had most of the posession for most of the first half and control the pace of the game and the passing game is geting better and better, you can tell that the newbies are still a few notches below THE BEST TEAM OF THE WEST, although the Sounders have a solid midfield and got close a few times on the 2nd half.

It was cool to see the northerners present at the HDC supporting their team.

9. Chris Cognac

Chris Cognac New Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great game....I am horse from yelling...good vibes all around...Sounders ECS club had good showing and should be proud....although they could have been a big louder....nice folks though...hope they felt welcome...

10. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Goats. Thought we controlled most of the match, but like el Tri, it led to nothing. You stayed the course and made the most of your chances. Can't wait for the rematch in Seattle, we'll gladly pay you back! :p I hope you guys get fully healthy soon, you've had a crap hand dealt with injuries the past couple years.

11. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Very impressive "one-touch" passing. And that kid that took over for Livingston looked great.

12. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well done, don't know how Preki's doing it with all those player missing... but he should be up for mgr of the year for his work to date.

You guys were very efficient with the chances you got, and as organized as you were defending, I doubt we score if we play another 90 minutes afterward.

We've probably seen the blueprint for how other teams are going to try and take away the short passing game in the final third... we're going to have to learn to be more direct from time to time.

13. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    brad guzan who? deebo has been unreal this season.

-great marking and pressure by our backline.
    - trujillo, bojan, and lahoud are great additions for the mere fact that they dont rush things. they dont boot the ball up but just wait for the shortest and easiest pass. 1-2 ball is back, baby.
    - tiba is a baller. i know he gets a lot of heat on these boards, but dude brings it every match. HOWEVER, his injury. based on his mannerisms after he went down - that SCREAMS sports hernia/groin strain. that ish is chronic and somehow i see that affecting him the rest of the season. galindo, esky, burling, tiba. are these guys not stretching properly?

not really our best ball tonight, but we had our spurts. sounders really know how to pressure.
    razov, galindo, burling, suarez, victorine, kennedy, braun, and vaughn are all gonna have to fight for their spots back. :D

14. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points against a good opponent, not bad, not bad at all. :)

15. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think 'Tiba was left in way too long and it was a fatigue related injury. The dude runs all out for 90 minutes so I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Hopefully it's not serious, but you're right, that was definitely a groin strain.

Other than that, the back line has been impressive. Johnny B was a monster on his side both defensively and offensively to the point where he contributed to the first goal. Everyone dropped back to stop guys that in previous years would've caused major problems based on their speed.

These guys stepped up against a very good team. I'm proud.

16. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Good game.

I do got to say for a team from northwest US, they brought a good amount of fans. They are a good addition to the league.

Chivas USA attendance was over 15,000. I think our base of fans is growing in Southern Cal. Thumbs Up.

17. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is good news. It would be a shame if one of the best teams in the league played in front of small crowds. It'd be funny if Chivas outdraws the Galaxy ;)

18. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    big week coming up:
    wednesday @ TFC
    saturday vs. Dallas

if everyone was fit, id feel we were deep enough to avoid fatigue. but that's not the case right now. time for the youngsters to step it up.

19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great teams, great game. Seattle are for real and showed it last night, dominating possession in the 2nd. Definitely going to be even more fearsome as the year goes on!

Best thing going for Chivas USA right now is Zach, no question. I don't know if that should make me happy or nervous.

Sacha's pass to JB that lead to the first goal was siiiick.

And Chukwudi "Chocolatey" Chijindu is a BALLER.

BTW, no offense meant with the chants of "NOMEANSNO!" we directed at Freddy Montero. Just having fun with the heckling. :D

20. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    The good thing is that our youngsters and new additions HAVE BEEN stepping up!!!:D

I can't wait for everyone to be healthy and compete day in and day out for their starting spots. The competition will only make us better.:D

21. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    We chanted "VIOLADOR" because that way he would actually understand without the translator.:D

22. AndersTheSwede

Apr 7, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Good game Chivas. What you guys are doing with so many men injured is beyond impressive.

I thought we brought a good fight, own goal and the second when we went 3-5-2 to press for an equalizer, and we had several really good chances. But it was a solid victory for you guys.

We meet two more times, we'll get our revenge. ;)

23. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    as soon as he learns to make and complete his runs without the ball - then he'll be closer to baller status.

24. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you thought the officiating was bad in this match, you should have seen the classico, some of the worst calls/non-calls I've ever seen, just disgraceful.

25. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Tough crowd. I thought he looked great. Just missed a freaking scorpion kick for Gawds sake, while playing team ball.