practice

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Sep 23, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "When a team has 4 wins, no one is safe... no matter age or skill. That holds true for the staff as well."

I agree, but what if the team has 5 wins? ;)

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this makes me worry that if Curtis-Nhleko-EJ keep kicking ass up front that Kreis may be on his way out next season. Now don't get me wrong I want them to go nuts and keep scoring goals, but I wish Kreis still fit in the picture too becuase I (like most Burn fans) aren't ready to see him go, especially on a bad note and especially without breaking the record.

4. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    It's a good thing we're not getting overconfident after one win.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point, but when he said it they had four wins.

:p

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    On the radio show last week Clarke said Jason is kicking but in rehab, is way ahead of schedule, and is working with a vegence to come back stronger than he has ever been. As hard as Jason works and as much desire as he has I believe him.

IMHO Kreis is worth too much as a former MVP to be gone this soon.

7. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    It's like the man said...when a team has 4 wins, no one is safe. Which is as it should be.

8. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    Perhaps it is time to move on to the era of Ali, Toni, and EJ. Speed, hunger, and youth.

9. ej_dad

ej_dad New Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Flower Mound, TX
    With Toni and Jason up front, and EJ and Ali on the wings, a few MLS defenses might be concerned.

10. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    We've got to have a finisher and/or a scorer. I think Jason has done both. EJ, Ali, and Toni have not done this yet in MLS. Jason scores goals. I think EJ will be a finisher and hopefully I'm right. But there again Jason hits the hard shots and EJ seems to be more of an end of the play/build up finisher (like in passes the ball into the net). I'd like to see us go into next year with EJ, Ali, Toni, and Jason. Each brings some different things to the table.

11. burn 2002

burn 2002 New Member

Dec 27, 2001
    How about trading Jason for some more defensive help?? And, I'm betting you will never see EJ on the wing..

12. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, Goals.

No matter who does it, we've got to rise above our miserable goals per game average.

I liked seeing EJ on Saturday night, but he still doesn't look completely fit to me. In the ~70th minute, we was looking for Colin to sub him out. At least he'll have some time to run this winter.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked to me like he was playing the wing on Saturday night.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How about no. Where else would EJ play?

15. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I tend to agree. Jason's been great for Dallas but he's clearly on the downside of his career while MLS quality as a whole is steadily improving. Assuming we can get another quality young forward with one of our 1st round picks the Burn should be pretty set at forward.

16. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I'm not sure this statement is accurate. The problem with Kreis has always been that he inevitably declines at the end of the season, and this may get worse as he ages, but his point production has been remarkably steady over his career. This year he was at .93, down from a career average of 1.14, but considering the team he was playing on, I don't think the dip is very significant, especially considering he was above the average (at 1.17) just a year ago. I think it's necessary that we get a forward to complement him (really, more than complement), but he hasn't really shown any signs of decline to my eye.

17. ej_dad

ej_dad New Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Flower Mound, TX
    "I liked seeing EJ on Saturday night, but he still doesn't look completely fit to me. In the ~70th minute, we was looking for Colin to sub him out. At least he'll have some time to run this winter."

He was grabbing his hamstring as he asked to be subbed out.

I thought he may help the team more as a wing, more like DMB. He has the speed. We have better players with their back to the goal, (Toni & Jason).

Clarke and Hayes reminded him several times Saturday night to mark and play defense, but wasn't he responsible for DMB.

Actually, wasn't it the CLB game where EJ almost saved Buddles last goal?

18. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is that a sign of fitness, or pushing too hard? It's so hard to tell with him, and after watching him fluff some runs earlier this season, I guess I'm slow to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said before, he'll have lots of time to recover and be in prime condition. I liked his play on the wing!

19. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Keep Kreis.

20. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    That's the amazing part of that goal. EJ was in front of Buddle when he threw himself, extended his foot, and placed the ball perfectly into the net.

Now THAT's atheltic!

21. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    To tell the truth, this latest practice report is a little ominous. It sure seems like Bonseau is gone (I know I would be if my new bride was 10,000 miles away!), which gives me serious doubts about our backline next year. If Morrow is done as well we may have to go to a 3 man backline purely out of a shortage of players. Dunseth will be the only legitimate central defender on the roster!

O'brien sounds dissatisfied and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him demand out. Wouldn't you if you were in his shoes?

I suppose this potential mass exodus of SI's would allow us to sign Nhlecko, but we don't even know if he can provide any kind of consistent scoring threat.

Don't forget that we are probably also looking at several graduations from p-40 taking up roster spots next season. And Deering and Pareja will be a year older. Right now there is a lot of giddiness after one rare win and a lot of talk about our prospects for next year, but I think our new GM has his work cut out for him if we are to have any hope at all of staying out of the cellar next year as well.

22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never gotten that impression from him or anyone else. He only has to put up with it for one more year andd then he can play here a long time on one of the best surfaces in the world. Bonseu seems a gonner but we probably need to lose one of our current internationals any way to make room for new ones and graduates from transitional status.