practice stuff

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 3, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.3rddegree.net/

Practice observations...

Revs game coming up, but it's Metro next week that is the real problem.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Intersting, Ronnie O back in the mix. IMO he shouldn't play in the last 2 games in case he gets hurt again. I think the team should end the season positively and try to win all 3 of the last games. And if not just the cRapids game, go out with a bang.

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am absolutely thrilled and stunned that my hero Ronnie O is back in the mix.

I (luckily) don't know enough about broken bones to know if the bone is as strong now as it would be 5 months from now. But as the season is a lost cause, the ship has sunk, and the fat lady has sung I would say let Ronnie O ride this season out on the bench and not risk further and even more grotesque injury to his leg.

I am sure Ronnie O wants to play and I want to see him play and since we don't play the DC Bloods for the rest of the season, it would be the one thing to look for these last few weeks.

I'm just afraid of the risk. Is there an increased risk?

And if the Burn need a player for the Metros game - I'm your man. What I lack in speed, I make up for in drinking ability.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronnie said he would not be cleared if the bone was not "healed", but the bar will stay in his leg for one year. Which means he will play next season with the bar in his leg. He did say that he will have one of the screws taken out so one end will be able to move. It will probably be the ankle screw so he doesn't get kicked and have it break through the skin.

My tendency would be to hold him out as well, but Ronnie being Ronnie he is desperate to play.

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Those crazy Irish. Say 3rd, what are the chances on the you suck allocation being someone from Ireland or Northern Ireland? :)

6. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I'm glad to hear that Ronnie has almost fully recovered for u guys... it was a shame how Dema ended his season. Good luck in your last few games...

7. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Thanks for the practice report. Interesting indeed.

Things I noted...

I agree I wish Ronnie would stay off the field. But on the other hand, I understand the need to get him in and playing again, to make HIS offseason bearable.

The defense sucks, and that point is no better illustrated than the Burn looking at the D3 player.

[I just checked, he's now in the A-League, according to the Battery Website. They have this to say about him
    Tim Karalexis #20
    Position: D
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 190
    Birthdate: 9/18/1980
    Hometown: Weymouth, MA
    College: St Anshelm
    Last Club: Wilmington Hammerheads]

Wonder if the Burn can pay him more than the Battery?

I am ambivalent about Morrow. I don't know if he's going to come back next year, I don't know if he helps at all on faketurf, and he's not the defender who seems to lose concentration every time the ball enters the Burn penalty area. If he's going to play to get Shavar Thomas to play better with some on-the-field tutoring...it better forking work.

3rd...can you give us an idea of the usefulness of the these games, from the players and coach standpoint?

by the way, the dallasnews has an interesting pregame story. I was surprised by something I read there...like which defender is likely to get more development time.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about him too much, I think he is mainly here to give two full practice teams will all the injuries.

Well if Clarke is gonna be your coach, and he is using these games as if he is... which he should be doing... then they are very beneficial. As of now that is essentially all he is doing. Clarke has said that over the next few weeks, espically Metro for obvious reasons, you will see some younger players. Keeping in mind that they still want to win games, as winning games will help everyone keep their jobs.

As for the players, they are playing for jobs. If it is Clarke or anyone else. New coaches will be (or are?) wathcing these games.