Practice Notes & Quotes 08-30-02

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Catch, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Catch

Catch New Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Strangle, VA
  2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I really hope they both respond. Man, I'd love to see Jaime rifle one in early in the game and then relax and get in to a natural rythum. I believe once he pops one in all the BS will fade and we'll see the Jaime of old. (fingers crossed)

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Well I kinda expected this. Williams makes a large chunk of change. While his defense is very good his linking of the defense to the attack is poor. The Metros picked up a portion of Williams' salary this season, but next season they will not. I suspected that barring a miraculous run into and through the playoffs, Hudson would be forced to choose between McKinley and Williams. Ultimately, he wants to choose McKinley.

Hudson is sort of setting up Richie to fail. IF United gets it done and Williams does great, then he has a chance for a spot next season. But, his chance is coming against Donovan & Co., perhaps the best defending forwards in MLS, so Richie will be pressured.

McKinley is being moved to left back to provide a cover for his defending while keeping his long passing game in tact. This move is purely to isolate Richie, and see if the old dog has some new undiscovered offensive tricks. I think we know the answer to this one. Now obviously Hudson has thrown down the guantlet, we'll have to see if Richie can be the combo midfielder that Rooney and Bishop were, and that Hudson wants.

Moreno is being provided some wiggle room, because his real test will be the offseason. Clearly Ray is thinking first and foremost about next season now, and auditioning roster spots for it ahead of the acquisition/SuperDraft period we call the "offseason." There is no OFFseason.

-Tron

4. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Great report as always Diceson!

McKinley over Prideaux?

That's BULLSHYTE!

Prideaux has been one of the most consistent players on the team this year, and this is how he is rewarded!

Not to mention that wandering Ivan the terrible would handicap Convey yet once again.

Not to mention that his lack of speed would be exposed by the speed up top of Sans Jose.

Ivan should not be on the team, his long passing from the back is nowhere near Agoos level. His accuracy is lacking. His speed has deserted him.

Terrible move IMHO!

5. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    F-ing brilliant Hudson.....

You have now convinced me that you have no f-ing clue what you are doing as a professional coach..

Leave Richie all alone out there by his lonesome when it is clear to anyone with a soccer brain that he can not handle the position by himself..

Hudson even said himself that with Ivan, they played quite well in tandem against San Jose the last time we played them..

So what does Hudson do? He takes Ivan out of the middle to leave Richie alone and puts Ivan in the worst possible position he could play on the field at left back, at the expense of our most consistent and solid defender all season..

If I was Prideaux, I would be thoroughly pissed off right now....

I hope I can choke on these words tomorrow night, but Hudson has to go in my book.. He is a tactical moron....

6. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how do you get in to a practice?

Does anyone know how to see a practice? Are they open to the public?

7. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: how do you get in to a practice?

Technically they are "closed" to the public, but they aren't going to kick you out if you show up to watch.

Just get to the RFK auxillery fields whenever they start, and it's yours to watch.