Powerful U-21 team selected for playoff v. France

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Selecao2002, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    This two-game series should be very exciting, especially if France selects players like Cisse and Mexes.
    Portugal’s team:
    Guarda-redes: Moreira (Benfica) e Bruno Vale (F. C. Porto);

Defesas: Mário Sérgio (Sporting), Bruno Alves (V. Guimarães), Ricardo Costa (F. C. Porto), João Paulo (U. Leiria), Cadú (Paços de Ferreira) e Jorge Ribeiro (Varzim)

Médios: Raúl Meireles (Boavista), Tiago (Benfica), Bosingwa (F. C. Porto), Hugo Viana (Newcastle), Carlos Martins (Sporting) e Custódio (Sporting);

Avançados: Danny (Marítimo), Quaresma (Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Lourenço (Sporting), Hélder Postiga (Tottenham), Makukula (Valladolid).

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    How can we lose with this players?

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I believe the games are in Portugal in the 15th, and the 18th in France

4. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    just because you xill play against these players:
    Gardiens de but
    Charles Itandje (RC Lens)
    Nicolas Penneteau (SC Bastia)

Défenseurs
    Mathieu Delpierre (Lille OSC)
    Patrice Evra (AS Monaco)
    Jacques Faty (Stade Rennais)
    Gaël Givet (AS Monaco)
    Fabien Laurenti (Olympique de Marseille)
    Philippe Mexès (AJ Auxerre)
    Sylvain Monsoreau (FC Sochaux)

Milieux de terrain
    Benoît Cheyrou (Lille OSC)
    Alou Diarra (SC Bastia)
    Jérémy Mathieu (FC Sochaux)
    Lionel Mathis (AJ Auxerre)
    Bernard Mendy (Paris-SG)
    Jérémy Toulalan (FC Nantes)

Attaquants
    Jérémie Aliadière (Arsenal FC)
    Habib Bamogo (Montpellier HSC)
    Djibril Cissé (AJ Auxerre)
    Anthony Le Tallec (Liverpool FC)
    Florent Sinama-Pongolle (Liverpool FC)

We may see a great match...

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Portugal 3-0 in Portugal

1-1 in France
    that's my prediction, like it or not
    2 goals by Ronaldo, one by Postiga

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    nice biased prediction there. Seriously you can't tell me that Portugal has more young talent than France cause they don't.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you guys got a bunch of importers with a bunch of fake identification, from Africa,

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    well don't you guys have Brazlilan importers

9. decobraziliant

decobraziliant New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    yeah we have one big import lol!!! Portugal does have more young talent then France!!! why the hell do u think we keep winning youth trophys?? these guys won their u-17!!! I believe Portugal and spain have the most youth trophys in the past 10 years!!! so please just because u r from france don't go thinking you guys are the best... just like you guys were gonna beat Porto hahahaha. Right David Dunn???

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    last year PSG and another team from France lost to unknown Boavista

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think Roberto Pires is a french name

12. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I think, you know almost nothing about France guy, France is a multicultural country, "french name" don't really mean anything, most of french have some strangers ancestors(it's a richness)

ALL french players are really french man, yes a lot of french are black, all except 1 or 2 are born in France and these ones came in france when they were very young(under 8)...

before saying silly(and rascists?) things like that, I advice you to learn somethings...

about the match it's obvious that the two teams are great, and we may see a great match...

"so please just because u r from france don't go thinking you guys are the best... just like you guys were gonna beat Porto hahahaha. Right David Dunn???"
    I never said Marseille was better than Porto guy, you can read what I wrote before the matches and after, but hopefully in few years things will change...

13. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    and is name is Robert Pires

14. golmirivan

golmirivan New Member

Dec 28, 2001
    east brunswick
    you guys most be lonely on the France forum, we do need a portuguese moderator

15. umbra

umbra Member

Aug 19, 2001
    DC
    having lived half my life in Paris, I hold nothing against the french. and the marseille guy is right, robert is french, his choice.

that said, his dad (or mom, but i think it was dad) is portuguese born and a life long benfica fan. actually he says it came down to a choice between benfica and some french club team (metz i think).

whatever, i guess you could also argue Viera is portuguese right? *laf*

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Vieira is Cabo Verdiano

going back to the game, nice to see Tiago scored two of the three Benfica goals

nice shutout for Moreira with Benfica

17. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    Bring on the French!!!!! Time for some butt kicking

18. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    he's french,
    he's born in Dakar(Senegal), and came in France at 7 years old...
    he's one of the 2 french players whose not born in France.
    Pires is born in Reims, and he learned football in Reims, what more?
    you don't need to prove that your ancestors are all french on 4 generation to be french, BTW, he's more french than portuguese, and he feel himself french and he like portugal of course...

I was here to speak about a great match between 2 great teams, I don't understand why some of you are so agressives...

19. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah bias prediction but whats wrong with it? Frank is Portuguese and he just saying is opinion that Portugal is gonna win. I say the same thing. what is so wrong with that? you want him to say France is gonna win? About the talent thing, yeah i think Portugal as better young talent than France, even though France are no slouch and have great talent. But i think lately Portugal has been proving their young talent through good results, and my favorite between Portugal and France is Portugal..of course that is just my bias opinion!!!but unlike Sportboy, who said "there is no way Porto can win against Marseille in Marseille",i admite France could win against Portugal, after all, soccer is a very unpredictable game.

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    proud portuguese, I will be very disappointed if we lose.