Power training session today

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by magiclamp, Jul 16, 2003.

1. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Season ticket holders were invited to a training session out at Mitchel this morning. I had forgotten about it until late last night and almost didn't go, but I'm sure glad I did.

I got there just as coach Sermanni was heading out to the practice field and we chatting a bit as we headed over. He is the nicest guy and the Power are very lucky to have him as coach, cuz he knows his stuff too! The team was already warming up and he was pleased to see that.

After they finished warming up and stretching and all, they pretty much just did 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 mini games. It was a lot of fun to watch, especially as the two male assistant coaches played with them, challenging them hard. Not knocking them over hard, but running, faking, shooting hard. Even Tom joined in. They asked for him to!

When they were done, coach T came over and thanked us for coming, and for our support and said feel free to mingle and ask the players anything we liked or have them sign anything we'd like. I talked to as many as I could, getting the ones I didn't already have to sign my calendar. I made sure to tell Shannon what a stud I thought she was in the last game and told others, such as Anita, how much I enjoyed the goal they got, or whatever else they did well. It was really nice to be able to chat with them and like Christie Welsh, tell them how much I want to see them back in the game. Smo was really sweet and I told her I read her online journal about living in Brooklyn. She really likes living there, even though it's not the best neighborhood, as she really wants to experience ALL of NY. Good for her. She was also proud that she found a better way to get to Mitchel. LOL! For some reason she was taking the Northern State Pkwy and discovered how much better the Southern State is! Too funny.

Unfortunately, I had to get to work, so I kind of had to make the rounds quick and get out of there and as I got in my car realized I didn't get to say hi to my other favorite stud Jaclyn Raveia. That girl gets banged up so much during a game and yet she walks off the field always smiling. I love that kid!

If you left a $50 deposit for next season, you'll get a ticket to the post season party they're having in August. Can't wait for that.

Well, I just realized how late it is. Seems some crazy bird is making a racket outside my window and I'm thinking "what the hell is a bird doing up singing like crazy at 2:15 in the morning??? and what the hell am I doing up posting to Big Soccer at this hour???????"

:)
    N~

2. Freedom28

Freedom28 New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Thats great that you got to attend a training session!
    What time was that at?
    I am a huge fan of Smo, so I love reading when people have the chance to meet her. Everyone always says that she is so nice. I have never met her, so I guess I will just have to take eveyone's word for it! :)