Power on the road?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by DennisM, Aug 12, 2003.

1. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Okay. With attendance at Mitchel Field so low, how about the idea that the Power should play 3 games or so in a couple of stadia in the New York City Metropolitan area? Maybe a couple of games at Rutgers, a couple at Mitchel and a couple at a stadium in Westchester. Or even a stadium in New York City itself.

2. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Or they could just relocate to somewhere that wont take me 4 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. :p

3. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I have to agree. What is the Rutgers Stadium being used for in the summer?

4. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not sure. Parking would be a problem though. They dont really have a parking lot, just a bunch of dead grass and people pretty much make up their own spot. Dont know how many it could fit, but probably not that much, especially if the attendance is higher than at Mitchell.

5. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    What about Seton Hall? Where do they play?

6. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thats in South Orange I believe. Two of my high school teammates and longtime good friends just started there and are playing for their soccer team(Megan Fenton and Mary Jennings). The campus is very small and I tried to check their website to see how much they could seat and park, but I couldnt find anything. Your guess is as good as mine. BTW- Are the Metrostars still getting their own stadium? Whats the update on that and where is it at?