Pots for the 2026 World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Viking lord, Dec 22, 2022.

1. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Yes I'm well aware of that friendly.

But the Asian Cup match is much more important. Also Iran had struggled against a very poor Hong Kong, and drew against Syria in the previous match to Japan. It overall wasn't a very good showing if I am being honest.

Nigeria by the way are the only team from both Asia and Africa to have beaten in 90 minutes, 2 teams from these top 20 lists of ROW teams, in the just concluded tournaments. Correct me if I am mistaken.

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I was pleased with Iran's performances at the Asian Cup overall, except against Hong Kong (and ofc the loss to Qatar). The stats show Iran out-shooting and pretty much dominating all of our opponents.

3. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    There's no way can Canada be at this point ranked above Iran. If Canada had kept their form post World Cup they brought to the World Cup there was an argument. But with Canada going downhill there's no reason anymore.

Canada lost two meaningful games to Honduras and Jamaica. I'm pretty sure Iran would beat these sides.

4. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    If you compare Iran and Canada to how they fared against certain teams then do it honestly.

Iran beat Uruguay 1-0 on the eve of the World Cup whereas Canada lost 2-0 to them.

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  5. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Yes I've pretty much conceeded that I had Canada too high.

My formula rankings have them much lower and probably where they should be.

Kamtedrejt repped this.