Potential MLS Cup opponents [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by dred, Nov 14, 2003.

1. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    MLS Cup opponents[R]

0-0 Fire and Revs at halftime. Revs unable to possess under Chicago pressure.

Llamosa cautioned for a lunging tackle. He will be unavailable for MLS Cup should the Revs prevail. (Unless the yellow is reduced to persistant infringement.)

2. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    DMB cautioned in min 66, but it's only persistent infringement. Had it been anything else, he'd be out of the Cup.

Still 0-0 minute 71.

New England starting to play with some purpose for once. Chicago could be in trouble after going unrewarded for their early effort.

3. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Still scoreless 10 minutes into overtime. Nervewracking. If the Fire lose this after dominating, it will be a crushing blow to them.

I may be wrong about caution point accumulation. One site I read says you get a suspension only if you accumulate 8 points in the first two playoff games.

AND CHICAGO WINS IT! A goal from Armas, cleaning up the garbage in the box. They are off to LA.

4. SJEarthquakes

SJEarthquakes New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Boston Area
    Chris Armas scores to send the Fire into the final!! Bring on the Fire!

5. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Chicago deserves it. They outplayed NE.

6. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    I agree, Chicago definately deserves to be in the cup! They had a great season and came out on top in the conference final...congrats Fire!!

7. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    Dear San Jose Earthquakes....

You MUST @ MLS CUP (if you go)

8. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    I was getting pretty tense there...I'm glad Chicago advanced. Now here's hoping San Jose can advance as well.

9. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just worry about The Wiz first. Let's get past tomorrow and then worry about the cup. Baby steps...

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm very glad that Chicago made it through. They're a high class organization with some high class fans. And it was awesome to see local boy Kelly Gray partying with the tropy! :D