Postseason Format

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Cbear5959, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Cbear5959

Cbear5959 New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Rhody
    As you all know the current system seems ridiculous but it also seems that no postseason would be laughed at by the MLS execs. I wish that maybe they could have no post season and then focus more on the Open Cup but I know that is not very likely. However the Clean Sheet idea is a good one though 8 teams can not be allowed in it that is just too much
    maybe just make it one group of four and the top two teams face off in a home and home event. I think it would be wise to get rid of the MLS Cup final and just do a home and home which would capitalize on both home crowds and better interest.

2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    moved thread to mls general

3. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I'd prefer a monkey knife fight battle royal, where each monkey wears a MLS jersey to represent a playoff team...but that's just me

why not have it like SPL, where the league is separated into 2 groups (top half and bottom half)and each group plays a round-robin. That seems like a fair way to do it

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I realize the original poster is a newbie, but this conversation happens in a new thread each week.

Cbear: take a look through some older threads on the same subject for peoples opinions on this topic. And welcome to BigSoccer.com

5. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Baseball playoffs, that's all I gotta say.

Errr.... At least Baseball before Bud frickin Selig ruined it. Take the top team from the east and the west and let them play in the cup. I'd rather see two of the top four teams battling for first place down the stretch vs. seeing two of the worst teams in the league fighting for that last playoff spot which earns them the right to get killed by one of the best teams. It just seems really silly.

6. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which old ones would that be! Didn't we lose all of the old threads?