Postiga is available, let's make a offer

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Postiga is available, Benfica should make a offer
    I know we got plenty of strikers, Nuno Gomes, Mantorras, Feher, Sokota, Tottenham payed 9million, I think Tottenham would let him go for around 6m, will be a good investment for Benfica

Futebol Internacional – Hélder Postiga com dias difíceis no Tottenham

ASF
    O diário londrino Evening Standard avança na sua edição desta quarta-feira com a notícia de que o Tottenham está na disposição de colocar no mercado o avançado português Hélder Postiga já no próximo período de transferências.

Na base desta notícia está o facto de o jogador, contratado no início da presente época ao F. C. Porto por cerca de nove milhões de euros, estar longe de confirmar os créditos que o levaram para White Hart Lane, pois nas oito presenças na equipa do Tottenham, quatro das quais a titular, Hélder Postiga ainda não conseguiu marcar qualquer golo na principal Liga inglesa.

Desta forma, e numa semana em que o Tottenham apresentou 10 milhões de euros de prejuízo referente à época transacta, o clube londrino pretende recuperar algum do investimento feito na contratação do jovem português, a não ser que Hélder Postiga consiga alterar esta situação nos próximos dois meses que restam até à abertura do mercado de transferências.

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    they want to get rid of him after just a few months?

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I agree

I can't believe myself after only 4 games, it could be he wants out, his use to a top club
    Tottenham is a rink dink club, its no Juventus, no AC Milan, Porto, Benfica, Sporting, this clubs always play to win, they have 3 or 4 players for each spot, you can't have a U21 to carry the whole team.

4. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    This is just rumour and speculation.

As for being a "rink dink club" the reason Postiga hasn't been playing is that our star player Robbie Keane and top scorer Kanoute are currently ahead of him. If he takes his chance during Kanoute's injury, I'm sure he will do well.

5. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I agree with Comme on this one.

Talk about Postiga leaving is purely speculation at this point. Yes, the fact that Tottenham recently announced a net loss for the year and Postiga’s slow adjustment to the English game are likely fueling these rumors. I don’t see the club selling the kid a few months after spending $8M to buy him for Porto. It just doesn’t make business sense. He is an investment, and I am sure that the Spurs board knew that he might take some time to acclimate himself to the new country, new league and new style of play.

I actually think Spurs is a great situation for Helder. No, it is not Real, AC or ManU, but it is a big club in a great league, and once he gets fully adjusted to the league, I can see him playing a major role upfront for the team.

I could see Spurs loaning him out, though, if Pleat is not going to give him consistent playing time.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    his confidence most be down to nothing, will see in January

7. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    Postiga is better than Kanoute and he is similar to Keane , I hope he goes to a place where he can play and show his stuff !

8. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    I just read an article on "maisfutebol" wich states that the Spurs manager will not sell or loan Helder Postiga. He also said that with more time to adjust. Helder will do well with the Spurs.

Lets just hope is right!!!!for Postiga's sake..i hate to see a player of his caliber siting on the bench.

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    He may be better than Kanoute but Kanoute has scored 6 times in 6 starts, including a few belters. Keane is always going to start unless Postiga and Kanoute are on fire.

10. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    I have to agree with that. Postiga's job is scoring and if he is not scoring, than he's not gonna have a spot on the starting 11. As for being better than Kanoute, it depends what criteria you use to come up with the better player...if better means scoring more goals, than Kanoute is better, but if better means ball skills and overall soccer skills, than i have to give it to Postiga.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Postiga is going nowhere. UEFA rules are that due to his age he can't change clubs for 12 months after his transfer, so even if we wanted to sell him (which we don't) then that couldn't happen this season anyway.

12. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    It takes a while for new, & young strikers to adapt to the life of EPL..before they are good and Postiga is no exception.

He needs to finish better though