Postiga gets the monkey off his back!! [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by decobraziliant, Jan 17, 2004.

1. decobraziliant

decobraziliant New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Finally he scored his first goal in the EPL!! I had a good feeling he was going to score. He was the best player on the field...but I didn't understand why the coach took him off early!! Robbie Keane was awful today he should have been taken off instead.

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    take my hat off to Postiga, his not a quitter

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i wasn't able to see the match (should be getting a tape tomorrow); but i understand the goal was fairly nice. is decobraziliant being serious, or is that just an off-the-cuff comment? was postiga that good today?

i, too, had a good feeling about today's game. i really hope to see postiga make kanoute's decision to play for Mali pay off for spurs. no slight to freddie, he's been fantastic. but he's more than a little injury-prone, and we all want to see helder come good.

nice result - for club and player.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I believe he missed a early goal, I listen to BBC reports, they had good things to say about Helder Postiga

5. futebol_fan

futebol_fan New Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Brampton, Canada
    I watched the game and he did have a good game overall.

Although, he is still very weak protecting the ball and is easily knocked of his feet. His passing is also not the best. He missed a great opportunity just minutes before his first goal and shot it way over the bar. Keane was open in the box and u could see he was disgusted with Postiga for not looking over.

I really would not want him for the national team!