Post the reason why you never attended last nights game:

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Joe Coleman, Sep 26, 2003.

1. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    I was sitting in Harirson listening to the game on the radio in english with Monica Bellucci hoobing my noob with a beer in one hand and a blunt in the other.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Up the NUFC!

I wonder how bad traffic is in Newcastle on match days....

3. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You used to live in Bayonne and you had to take the day off for a night game? What did you do walk to the game? The traffic getting to the games on a weeknight can be avoided. I am coming from CT, over 50 miles away and it only took me an hour and fifteen minutes for the last game.

Some times it is worse on weekends, because there is more construction and beach traffic.

4. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    I can never make it up on weeknights. I live down in South Jersey and it's about a 90 min trip each way.

I stayed up to catch it on the deuce though and was pretty shocked by the emptiness of the place. I can't remember the last time I've seen it that bad.

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say, up until the first DC goal, it was a good crowd. With no horns, you could hear the ESC on the other side of the stadium

6. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Thats the sign of a bad crowd.

7. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    i live in VA i wouldve been goin to the game this sunday but my dads bein a bitch :(

8. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Perfect example: when the young lady who sang the Star Spangled Banner at the game returned to her seat, her mother handed her her text books and told her to do her homework, which she did without protest. If I tried that with my kid she would probably beat me senseless with the books.

9. I usually get out of work after weeknight games kickoff. By the time I get to the Stadium, the match is nearly over. To do a Metro weeknight match I have to leave the office at 5:00pm sharp. That happens maybe three times a year. That's probably more information than you wanted but that's what you get when you ask silly questions.

10. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    i'm not sure everyone really has to start explaining why they couldnt go...fact of the matter is, life happens, unfortunately you can't go to every game, but if i have to miss a game, its for a "good" reason and i feel less guilty about it...the two similarities in most of these posts has been the sentiment that GS looks empty and the traffic issue...i'm making the assumption that NJ transit will make it easy to get to games then, at least much easier than it is to get to GS for most (i'm lucky enough to live 5 minutes away from GS)...if such is the case, i'm already giddy over packed houses game after game after game...can't wait for harrison baby

11. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    When you have a class that's only once a week, one reserves one's energy for later on during USOC (USFA CUP DAMMIT!!!) semifinals and playoff matches

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    hehe.... I like your thinking!!!

USFA Cup all the way!!!

13. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    The US Open Cup is the oldest Cup in American History and is older then the FA Cup... more importantly you should embrase the history from your own football league... Stop trying to be cool and Britanise everything...mate.

14. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey if you get out of work at 5:00pm 3 times a year and your start at 8 or 8:30 then you are being abused.

It isn't a silly question. You have a silly job.

I work my ass off, but I also leave on time when I have something to do. I you can't do that then you need to make a decsion, is it worth it?

15. fireup

fireup New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    The Metrostars were missing their most talented player Guevera.