Post stadium renderings here.

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by Noah Dahl, Oct 6, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

www.metrostars.com

2. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the FIRE build there stadium at Bridgeview or Bridgeport sites, are the any kind of drawings of the stadium.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not yet. Peter wilt stated on a UK soccer web site that there probably wouldn't be a roof over all four sides and they first wanted to decide where the stadium would be before deciding on a design.

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Go Iowa Fighting Bovines!

5. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Sorry, but that would be Go Iowa Fighting Bovines City Wandering Rovers FC!!! Get it right next time!!! ;)

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Awesome! glad to hear about the roof aspect. But don;t copy what the Galaxy have. the roof shed would be awesome.

7. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hate Fighting Bovines City Wandering Rovers FC.

AFC Fighting Bovines County Park Rangers Forever!

8. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a hoax, it's the design of a stadium built in engleand not too long ago, i can't remember whihc one, but this isn't a real design, thought it should be. Last I heard, they weren't interested in an sss unless washington dc got a new baseball team.

9. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    The team is most definitely interested in a new stadium, regardless of what happens on the baseball front. It's just a colossal mess getting anything built around DC. (you're right on that stadium render not being legit though.)

10. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From the look of it, it was an early rendering of Darlington's Reynolds Arena.

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly larger version of Stadion Salzburg where SV Wüstenrot Salzburg plays in Austria's Bundesliga. Capacity for this ground is 18,686:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More photos here: http://www.stadion.at/

The Magpie

12. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Field Dimensions

The stadiums are looking great, but what about field sizes? Larger fields would leave more room and honestly I think there would be better gameplay, and the american player would be able to play and field sizes fit for a world cup. and become more physically developed.

The HDC: 109.7 meters long, 68.58 meters wide.

Estadio Santiago Bernabeu: 107 meters long, and 72 meters wide.
    The HDC is too thin, and the other fields. Spartan Stadium Especially, are simply too small or cramped. I predict many will have mixed feelings. But I think it would make more sense to mkae larger field dimensions in our new stadiums.

13. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
  15. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know, i posted the HDC dimensions on my previous post, but other than that, they're accurate, and u can see how small the fields are in comparison to the fields we see for the Uefa Champions League, and epl, the bundesliga and stuff.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  17. joshdcu

joshdcu New Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Wow. Pretty nice... I'd take a few of those in MLS.

18. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    AFC Fighting Bovines County Park Rangers will start up by disgruntled fans of Fighting Bovines City Wandering Rovers FC when they announce their move from the west side of Des Moines to the eastern suburb of Altoona. They will start over down in the PDL from those lofty hights of the A-league and announce plans to build a new stadium in West Des Moines that is identical to Stadion Salzburg. People will refer to them as Eurosnobs and their reply will be...of course we are, just look at our name!!! Infighting will scuttle all eventual building plans due to such things as pitch size, terraces vs. all seater, four stands vs. enclosed, roof, etc etc etc...

19. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revolution

Mayvbe the small field sizes are a bigger issue, I think that when I watch MLS, it's great except that interception is a lot easier. It feels cramped, I think soccer looks much better on a a larger surface. A game played at the home depot center always looks nicer compared to a game that's played in the mneadow lands. Does anyone agree? The HDC may be pretty big, but it's still actually kinda thin. I hope the new field sizes will be larger than the HDC and the crew stadium.

Separate thought, what are your views on the renovation of Spartan Stadium. IS investing 40 million dollars into this old football stadium a mistake? I believe it is, I think it would bne smarter to hold on to your 40 million, and wait trill u have the oppurtunity to invest more money into a brand new SSS. One with a much larger field, and one in a much more conveniant location, I think San Jose is probably one of the best soccer cities in the United STates.

What are your thoughts?

20. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Revolution

My thought is that you must have some misinformation. HDC is actually perfect for WC dimensions.

21. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd kill for this stadium as a home for the Fire, but it's not going to happen. That beautiful roof will eat up most of any SSS's budget, as well as make any future expansion costly. It goes against the current plan AEG has for building these stadiums.

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  24. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    um... those were posted on the first page.

25. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i found some renderings of the Metros new stadium at Harrison... i like the roof.

[​IMG]