Post Paulo Bento - New KNT Manager Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 5, 2022.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    interesting

bielsa

2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    you beat me to it

do you think LKI's form now allows him to do well in a 442?

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Honestly, Lee Kang-in is better suited to play in a formation that allows him to naturally play to his strengths (Preferably a 4-3-3). Can he play in a 4-4-2? Absolutely, it's just that he'll be out of his natural position and more utilized as a roaming attacker whether it'd be on the wings or up top. Now, I have not seen Bordalas field a 4-4-2 diamond before considering his preferred formation is the standard 4-4-2 flat, but that's one way he can go on about using Lee Kang-in to his full potential even though I highly doubt it happening.

nmssis repped this.
  4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

if history is anything KFA will pull an unknown out of their bag or something.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ironically, Lee Kang-in already plays in a similar type of football to Bordalas' football, and Bordalas' style is awfully similar to Simeone's (I mean you could even say that his style is an inspiration from Simeone's). So, I don't think it'll be an issue for Lee Kang-in, in fact Bordalas would be a fit for him imo.

Also, we all have to accept the fact that the KFA can't and won't be able to bring in a top name, but we have to trust Muller to do a decent job like Kim Pan-gon did. Bordalas is a decent name out of Spain and La Liga so it will be tough trying to get him, but if we do indeed nab him, then he'll be the next big name to manage Korea after Hiddink.

nmssis and Testator repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The KFA denying as usual.

축구협회는 "현재 에이전트를 통해 많은 추천이 들어오는 상황인데 협회 차원에서 공식적으로 접촉한 지도자는 없다"고 밝혔습니다.

7. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    4-4-2 diamond would be terrible for KNT. We don't have quality FBs it requires.

Pacman 3rd Time and Testator repped this.
  8. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    4-2-3-1 is probably best for the purpose of fitting in key players. 4-4-2 in its standard form could work, though.

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    They have like only 4 weeks left till mid Feb and they still haven't reached out to anyone? Why am I not surprised..

Testator repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like I said, it's not gonna happen under Bordalas. If anything, Lee Kang-in will be positioned either on the wings or up top in a standard 4-4-2 as a free roaming attacker.

12th Player repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's true that Muller is in contact with Bordalas, it's just that the KFA is trying to keep the hiring process private. Although, the thing is that you can only go so far in trying to do things in secrecy, so it's very likely that someone spotted Muller in Spain or someone leaked info regarding the contact between Bordalas and Muller.

Muller initially stated that it was going to take more time than the given date of end of February, but there's really not much more time he can extend given the March friendlies are being put in place, so he's more than likely to be speeding up the process using his own network.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our new Technical Committee.

https://v.daum.net/v/H2B6qBEuyY

▲ 이하 전력강화위원회 명단

- 박태하(한국프로축구연맹 기술위원장)
    - 최윤겸(청주FC 감독)
    - 조성환(인천유나이티드 감독)
    - 정재권(한양대 감독)
    - 곽효범(인하대 스포츠과학과 교수)
    - 이정효(광주FC 감독)

Bluewings21 repped this.
  13. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No worries.
    Let's hope Michael and co can find a quality of candidates.

Seol Korea repped this.
  14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bordalas rejected the knt offer, wants the Sevilla job instead. As was to be expected.

15. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Oh, well. At least the rumor motivated me to write a comment in Korean on a video.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He stated that the knt job was an attractive one, but will be waiting for Sevilla to make an offer. In other words, the knt job isn't enticing enough and $$$.

We'll see who's next in line though, supposedly Petkovic is rumored to be the next candidate which is interesting considering he was the top runner for the Poland job before the Polish FA basically brushed him aside for Bento.

Testator repped this.
  17. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Vladimir Petković? Excellent manager whom Croatian fans wanted over Dalić after the last EURO. I thought Bjelica had good odds of managing Poland, though. A Polish legend even hinted at his appointment.

Seol Korea repped this.
  18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If the rumors turn out to be true, then I wouldn't mind Petkovic and the least the KFA should try to bring in him since the other rumored names aside from Bielsa are terrible, unless Muller pulls a miracle and brings in Bielsa but we know that's not happening.

19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I'd rather a Korean manager takes over than Bielsa. I know you'll disagree with this, but Bielsa gives me fear.
    Petković is sensible enough not to completely drain the players' stamina.

12th Player repped this.
  20. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    C'mon CMK. We need your wallet again this time. :rolleyes:

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Dodged a bullet there. The guy is so revolutionary he thinks a midfield isn't needed. Also, why would Koreans accept a guy whose team showed no sporting decency against Korea?

Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  23. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Haven’t been on BSK for a long time. But I just wanna chime in on a manager that would be really cool but never happen. I think Luis Enrique will do wonders for Korea. It will be cool to have LSW and BSH actually play under the former Barca manager. There will have a gist on how he would probably wanna play, and HIB and LKI would also be great proponents under the like of Luis Enrique and Korea will always produce a healthy handful of attacking talent. Through the likes of Bento, we are able to play out the back or the very least inspire to do so. KMJ is good on the ball to play out the back and if Lee Han Beom pans out to being the next great CB up that would also be a plus. Kim Ji Soo who’s been linked to Bayern also is hyped to be the next big thing at the back as well. If those two end up reaching the potential and hype then Korea will truly have a Golden Generation on their hands. And Luis Enrique obviously knows a good squad and managed one during the MSN era. If he ever wanna take a challenge and have the opportunity of managing what just might be the most talented pool of players that Korea might have produced that will be cool. Also he will have something he never had as the Spain manager and that’s a legitimate goal scorer. At least in the near future he will have a prime Son which can be enticing. Hopefully the KFA can pitch the players that can be at his disposal as well as give him the power to infrastructure how to conduct the youth. Give him what he wants and open the wallet, and if he is crazy enough to say yes I think this will propel Korea to the next tier in the International level. And who knows maybe he still has unfinished business against Japan and what better International side to do it with.

24. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #224 Testator, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    As Spain's manager, Luis Enrique struggled to break open defensive teams, and Morocco totally blocked him up. He pulled out his only true striker against Japan in a losing situation. He wouldn't know what to do with CGS or OHG up top.

Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis repped this.