Post Paulo Bento - New KNT Manager Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now that Bento is leaving, it's that time of the year again where we discuss about the next manager foreign or domestic. It's OK to post non-realistic candidates just keep the discussion on topic, thanks.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    You said non-realistic candidates are fine. So I will start with Klopp :thumbsup:.

Isnt KHB already leading the Olympics team btw?

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, Kim Hak-bum stepped down after Tokyo 2020, Hwang Sun-hong is the current u23 manager.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want Poch lol. I hear he wants to manage a national team side.

dougdimmadome repped this.
  5. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Jogi Lowe or Guus Hiddink please. KHB was starting LKI and HHS (Hong Hyun Seok) during the U-23 Asian Cup. They did get 3-0'd by Japan though lol :thumbsup:

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was Hwang Sun-hong my man.

dougdimmadome repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @LeeSeungWoo You said you want a German manager, so here:

[​IMG]

8. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
  9. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd prefer Pep but I guess I'd settle for Mourinho, Klopp, or Conte if we have to.

10. holdupstop23

holdupstop23 New Member

Sep 16, 2008
    a korean manager would be a huge step backwards

kimchipride, Seol Korea and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    are there managers who can institute a defensive system that can maybe cover for our lack of talent in this department?

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    This keeps happening. Just lead the team yourself without a manager if you are gonna keep telling them to select players they prefer. What the hell is the point? Stay the fk down and let them do their job. I heard KPG and other leadership ppl defended him. He would've been sacked without them.

This is why a Korean manager will never work for us. They aren't free from all these BS from KFA. Media as well.

kimchipride repped this.
  14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Domestic managers are only sheeps used as bandaid solutions by the KFA. Don't get me wrong, there are domestic managers that I like, but time after time they have to suffer and damage their careers by having to take the blame for KFA's massive incompetency.

Yes, my ignorant ass have criticized the likes of Hong Myung-bo and Shin Tae-yong when in reality they were trying to fix a massive problem with just a short amount of time given (Which is a huge burden). Both managers have shown what they're capable of with the proper time given, but the KFA will always disregard that all because they want fast results and only care about merits for doing absolutely nothing.

They keep using "lack of funds" as an excuse to not hire decent foreign managers because it's a lot more convenient for them to pay chump change to domestic managers and switch them out like dirty laundry once results go bad rinse and repeat.

15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If we end up with Kim Hak-bum or Choi Yong-soo, expect another waste of 4 years as we go through another cycle of sacking and swapping managers out of desperation.

16. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No surprise on why bento didn't resign with us. Too much politics in KFA.

17. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Huh Jongmoo. No tactics, just vibes - but maybe that’s good as it’ll let Bento ball carry over

18. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yes, but foreign coaches often don't seem to understand the state of kor soccer and tend to catch on very slowly. Also, lots of respected foreign coaches have a history of being sacked for poor performance and they have a track record of winning mostly when fielding skilled players.

And sometimes you have to accept that there is no substitute for having talented and experienced players. Period. No amount of managerial expertise can address that.

19. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    What's Senol Gunes or Halilhodzic up to, these days?

20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Gunes always wanted to lead us but KFA ignored him.

Shinović repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gunes went to Besiktas while Halilhodzic is currently available. As impressive as they are, they are much on the older side now, so imo I have to pass. Plus the Gunes shipped sailed away a long time ago.

Shinović repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So far the JFA have listed Bielsa, Low, and Roberto Martinez as their candidates, or a contract extension with Moriyasu. Meanwhile, the KFA's circulating rumor is Kim Hak-bum and Choi Yong-soo smh.

23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    They have more money and reputation... and of course they know what they are doing... so yea..

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Money is just an excuse for the KFA.

25. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    Looks like same old, same old. I mean, we can't go lower than appointing another shit manager, like Shitlike, right? Better yet, where's that Japanese/Italian troll, who kept simping for Schjonberg? LOL