post mls cup- DC United airport info

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dc the winning tradition, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Yep. My wife and I ran into them at Charlotte Airport last year after they beat Wilmington last August in the USOC.

I can see them standing around baggage claim waiting to claim the Cup :)
    I would think it would have a first class seat.

Speaking of my wife, she saw what a first class maniac I was, especially when they went a man down.

I leave work at 4:00 and pass by Dulles around 4:30 so this is doable for me.

Enjoy the title everyone. Scoop up all newspapers and just savor this.

2. rickinva

rickinva Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    hey, this is what I just got from DC United media realtions (note the real flight info):

- The MLS Cup Champions D.C. United announced plans today for celebrations surrounding the club’s fourth Major League Soccer championship.** The team returns for the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, the site of the 2004 MLS Cup, tomorrow and will host a rally on the field at RFK Stadium on Tuesday, November 16th.**

“We want the best fans in Washington, DC to meet with us when we bring our trophy back where it belongs,” said United President and CEO Kevin Payne.**

D.C. United returns to the Washington area tomorrow evening.** The club will arrive at Dulles international airport at 8:42 p.m. ET on United flight 890.**

Admission to Tuesday night’s festivities is free to the public.** Gates open at 5:30 p.m. with the ceremony scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m.**** D.C. United players and coaches will be joined on-stage for the event by Mayor Anthony Williams and D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission Chairman Mark Tuohey.** Food and beverage will be available for purchase as will official D.C. united team merchandise.** Interactive games on the RFK pitch will also be available to soccer playing fans.

3. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, 8:42 kind of sucks.

But, I see we'll be able to purchase that MLS Cup Champions T-shirt on Tuesday. :D

4. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Anyone who's had any experience with this sort of thing... if I were to go to the airport, how likely would it be that I could get some autographs? Or is there generally not much interaction with these sort of things.

5. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia
    When they won in 1999, a bunch of us were there on the concourse at dulles when DCU's flight arrived. the problem was the team never entered the terminal. we watched through the window as Etcheverry and everyone deplaned onto the tarmac, *not* into the terminal thru the jetway, and they then boarded special buses that took them from the tarmac straight to United Park (DCU's former traiing facility in Ashburn). The team never even knew we were there. Before you go out to the airport, it might be well to find out from dcu if they plan to do that same routine again.

6. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Upon rereading it, this could get ugly. Put Mr. Bring-Baseball-To-DC in front of a thousand or so United fans.........

Personally I can't wait to flick him off, maybe he's there to personally oversee the removal of the bouncing seats?

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The DC supporters should organize with DC team a huge welcome back rally at the aero puerto. Take over the place! Pandemodieum!

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No no no, see this as an opportunity.

I keep trying to come up with some chant built around "We fscking want / Our motherfscking stadium / right fscking now" but I can't get it to scan rhythmically.

9. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Build it and they will come.....

And if THEY don't, we will each bring three in their place!!

10. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    you could do it like an old-school protest chant...

What do we want?

Our ********ing stadium!

When do we want it?

NOW!

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

I hope there's more than a thousand. It's free.

How about a "Baseball sucks, and so do you" chant to the tune of "Going down, we'll be back"

12. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm Rob Bartlett, and I approve this message.

13. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  14. rebelzero

rebelzero Member

Jul 5, 2003
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for those people who do want to go out to Dulles tonight, where are you meeting up? It's not exactly a small airport, and we no longer can reach the concourse. By one of the Baggage Claims or something?

15. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    It's a great opportunity to show our love for the club again and to thank them for this season. Use this opportunity to fill up the supporters sections and bounce one more time. Show the Mayor and the media the outstanding fan support.

16. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

uhh, for the Freedom "celebration", they herded us into the quiet section at the 50.

17. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    This is United!

I expect a loud crowd tomorrow night.

18. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they should set it up so everyone can sit on the SE/BB side and make the stands bounce *one*last*time*

that would make a great photo/video-op for the news at night showing the stands filled and bouncing....

19. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    See the information HERE about the event on Tuesday.

Thread closed.