(Post-match) WCQ: Costa Rica vs USA 6/3/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Re: (Pre-match) WCQ: Costa Rica vs USA 6/3/09

I think Honduras will finish ahead of the Ticos if that's what your asking me. I think the total body of work that Honduras will produce will be better then the Ticos after ten games. I would put my money where my mouth is any day of the week against 'La Suiza de Norte America'. I hope the Mexies end up in fourth but if Costa Ricans end up getting their a$$es handed to them in Montevideo, Santiago, or Medellin, believe me, I won't shed a tear for your team;-)

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

sorry dude I thought you spoke spanish. I thought a guy calling himself che guevara would speak it.:D:)

I was asking if you wanted to bet

what? why would I care if Costa Rica gets their asses kicked in South America. Costa Rica is not my team

3. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

Mira hermano, yo hablo un buen espanol. En cualquer lengua que queras, yo apostaria en contra de los Ticos. Me gustaria que los gringos ganen el juego, aunque se que ese es un reto muy dificil en esa cancha de grama de mentira. Ya basta con esa cancha artificial. La FIFA debe de forzar ha la federaccion de futbol de Costa Rica que juegen en grama natural. No creo que eso es pidiendo demasiado.

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Que mierda mas chistoso:D Keep it comming guys.

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

bueno amigo lo dejamos asi :)

pero que todos vean que te rajaste wey!!

just kidding :)

I stand by what I said. If Costa Rica loses at home vs the U.S. they will finish the Hex no higher than 4th.

if you disagree apuesten!

A ver si como roncan duermen infelizes :D

6. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

Honestly Jared, to hell w/ the Costa Ricans!!! I hope the Ticos lose to the NATS, and end up getting their a$$es handed to them on a cold, rainy night in Santiago. We will agree to disagree though. The logical side of me can't overlook the fact that we are way too early in the qualifying process to assume any one game will make a determining impact on the final hex rankings. All teams, even the Salvadorians and Jack Warner's boys still control their own destiny and too much soccer is left to be played to think one game will make a determining factor in who finishes where in the qualifying process.

7. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

careful bro, you could get a card or something

thats how much I know about football :D :)

8. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

if costa rica loses at home ,than i could see them in the 3 or 4th spot.

we know Honduras will lose at home because they always do.

mex and us will probably not lose at home.

so there you go.

USA
    MEX
    honduras or CR.

9. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

I honestly think all 4 will make it to South Africa. Honduras and Costa Rica in my eyes have what it takes to win a round robin against the 5th team of South America.

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

why so much hate for the CRns?

ishhh, arent you gonna cheer for us on the next WC?

...as you may have done it in the last 2 after your team gets eliminated early(probably by CR)

ohh nevermind, i just realized where that ugly hate came from

cheers

11. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

My dislike of Costa Rica as well as most Central Americans dislike for Costa Rica lies in the fact that you guys think your the 'Suiza de Centro America'. In general you guys look down on other Central American countries. Costa Ricans have a superiority complex in general. Having visited San Jose, Alajuela, San Miguel, Liberia, San Isidro, Santa Cruz, Turrialba, and Puntarenas on NUMEROUS occasions and having spent months worth at a time in Costa Rica, can tell you that stereotype is generally accurate. Hate to break this to you bud, but while I see every person as an individual and do not automatically judge anyone, most other Central American's share my general stereotype because in general it is accurate. It is what it is.

As well, to no fault of yours, I truly believe that Honduras has had the best individual talent in Central America for a while now, but due to our own corruption, favoratism, and internal structure, have failed to qualify to the World Cup for going on three decades now, while Costa Rica, with lessor talent has done laps around us. That is incredibly frustrating. Hopefully this time around things will be different. And for the record, no I do not root for Costa Rica come the World Cup as I do not root for the Mexies. That's just me. You may see that as silly, I just see it as refusing to root for a bitter rival.

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

exactly what i thought of you!

just one more question.... if you dislike us so much, why have you visited San Jose, Alajuela, San Miguel, Liberia, San Isidro, Santa Cruz, Turrialba, and Puntarenas on NUMEROUS occasions ?

a) Work - You shouldn't hate the country that gives you $$ for food :rolleyes:
    b) Tourism - You like the country but dislike the people :confused:
    c) Family - You should be proud of having some tico blood in your family :)

a, b or c?

13. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

Sounds to me that general stereotype of Costa Ricans is something you are all to familiar with;-). I have been and go to Costa Rica on business (as I do most Central America) and enjoy the surf on your Pacific Coast.

You make me out to be far too simple minded 'MoRado'. I have no problem with Costa Ricans whatsoever. I have enjoyed my time in Costa Rica and have had many a good nights drinking an Imperial or a Bavaria Gold by the beach in your country. There is just this general arrogance about your people that frankly in all my travels, I don't see elsewhere in Central America or even here in the U.S. That is life experience I am basing this on, not some word of mouth stereotype. That 'Suiza de Centro America' mentality is alive and well in your people, most notably the lessor educated of your countrymen. My grandfather said it best, 'No hay nada peor que un arrogante pelado'. No hate my friend. I just don't like your national team.

14. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

As long as we keep being the best team in CA and keep getting the better results overall in the region...we will be hated (just in football i hope)...and we can't deny that in football we believe that we're better than every CA team (history proves it)...so i dont see it as a disrespect...unless people start going overboard with the insults. It's kind of like Mexico...i personally am not a fan of their MNT since they've owned us most of the time...but its nothing personal just a nice rivalry. Maybe when we start owning them i can start cheering them on :D

15. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

sounds like people are jealous.

costa rican to mexicans
    mexicans to Argentina

Europe to the US

it happens everywhere.

but i do tell you this. I have been to Costa Rica many times. They have always treated me with respect.. and IM mexican.

16. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Maes, let the resented ones come here and unleash all their jealously, hate, and ignorance. Let them say whatever they want about us. Who cares what they think?

Personally, they can say anything they want until their faces turn blue. If you don't want us to qualify, cry me a river about it and see if we care.

I thought I was a thread destroyer back in my day...you guys put me to shame. It went from being a USA v Costa Rica thread to a "I hate Ticos" thread.

Mods, don't close this thread please. Let them be.

17. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I see the USA winning by 3 or 4 goals in this game.

18. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

No one is jealous of you Ticos. My past frustrations have more to do with my own Football's Federations corruption and ineptness then your success. Many times Honduras beats themselves well before the initial whistle. Countless examples I can give you of this. My countries failures have much more to do with idiots like Rafael Callejas then Pablo Wanchope.

In general, you guys have a superiority complex, plain and simple. That is most seen amongst the lessor educated of your countrymen. It's not as if we don't have ignorant people in Honduras. Believe me, ignorance is dime a dozen there as well. In all Central America unfortunately ignorance is abundant. Only in Costa Rica however do people think they are better then others. I have been emersed in the Costa Rican culture. Overall I love it. I feel very comfertable in Costa Rica and can count my negative experiences in one hand. Frankly I almost feel at home at this point and genuinely like the culture. That being said, that overall feeling of superiority that Costa Ricans have cannot be ignored. It just is what it is. Pawn it off on my so called 'jealosy' if you want. I could care less.

For every Hernan Medford in your countries history, we have an Eduardo Bennett or Carlos Pavon. If it were not for the fact that we constantly beat ourselves well before the game begins we could easily match your countries recent success. I don't think that, I know it. Your countries organization, player development and ability to separate politics from sport are the main reasons why you have had much higher level of success at the MNT level then the rest of Central America.

Going back to the original point of the thread, I believe the Ticos will win this game. El Estadio Seprissa is a rough place to play. I know you Ticos think it is blasphomy to say this but one of the things that makes playing in that field so tough is the fact that it is played on artificial turf. I find it a joke that FIFA allows this. Instead of cracking down on countries like Bolivia for playing at high altitudes, FIFA should crack down on countries like Costa Rica that play their international matches on artificial turf. It creates an unfair advantage as their national team all is comfertable playing on that field since it is a staple of domestic league play in Costa Rica. Football is meant to be played on grass and in a tropical country like Costa Rica, it is a joke that the game is played on artificial turf. The Nats will have a hard time adapting to this as do all other international teams that visit Costa Rica. Expect a tight, hard fought game. The likely loss of Altidore who has been smokin hot will also hurt the U.S.

C.R - 1
    U.S. - 0

19. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

Please stop making excuses...it's always the same thing....Honduras beating themselves...Honduras always being overconfident....Honduras always taking every team lightly. Now its that USA has to play in a shitty artificial field. USA has had artificial fields before us...and still weren't able to beat us...so stop making excuses. Honduras shouldn't talk since Mexico had to play twice in the last year in a messed up field in San Pedro Sula where the field was all messed up.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

"excuses and more excuses"

21. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

I think they have an inferiority complex :D

22. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The U.S. national team probably has more experience with artificial turf than any other, both the MLS players and the ones who just grew up playing in the U.S.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Are you saying that it's common for CR teams to play in artificial turf? The part in bold.

24. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

I am saying they are used to playing in the Estadio Saprissa just like Honduran players are used to playing in The Olympico or el Francisco Morazan. How on earth you can defend that international matches be played on fake grass is beyond me. Back in 2005 FIFA should have squashed the concept of playing on so called Field Turf. Why do you think Darren Huckerby never signed with Toronto FC back in 2006? Because of the fake turf in Toronto's field. Especially with players who are not used to playing on artificial turf, fake grass may exacerbate injuries. That is fact. I am not just picking on your country. I have always thought professional soccer at the highest international level should not be played on artificial turf. I would love to see this Bush League nonsense fly in South America or in European International qualifiers. UEFA has it right when they stressed that artificial turf should only be considered an option where climatic conditions necessitate. They have not allowed in recent history an international qualifier to be played on fake grass.That is clearly not the case in Costa Rica. Here in the CONCACAF however, todavia tiramos flechas. We are backwards in our thinking and permit artificial grass in critical international fixtures.

The Olympico may have had a crap surface against the Mexies the first game, but that was due to heavy rain not necessarily bad field conditions. Yeah, it tends to rain a lot in Honduras.

Those are just 'excuses' though right Ticos? UEFA too just makes excuses. Countless current and former Red Bull and Toronto FC players are just making excuses. Sounds to me like I am in good company. Keep defending your crap surface. I am not saying that Honduras would have beaten you guys on natural grass. As bad as Honduras played that night, we could have played on moon dust and the result would have been the same. All i'm saying is that artificial grass has no place in international soccer. I think CR will beat the Gringos although I will be rooting for the NATS as that will give la H the best chance to qualify.

25. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

jaja