Post-match: Dynamo vs Sounders Leg 2, Sunday 11/8/09 2pm [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GAleno2001

GAleno2001 New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    West Hou
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me help interpret his comment for you:
    "If I were to say one thing negative about MLS, it would be that the difference between a my hard tackles and a dirty tackle mad against me isn't understood. I've played in England for most of my career, it's the hardest league in Europe to get a really good underwear modeling deal in. But they know the difference between a hard one and a dirty play that can injure your opponent."

You're welcome.

BTW, I think Ljungberg loosely interprets into English as "a bag for feminine hygiene products". There may be a more concise interpretation, but it might be considered trite.

Gee, you're welcome again.

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I can go to bed happy. Great game, a great time with some really great people around me all afternoon. And finally, like icing on the cake, on Channel Freakin 13, Bob Slovak gives a report from the stadium, and sounds really excited talking about it. The end shows the crowd going wild after the game, Bob's on the field, and he says "from a very happy Robertson Stadium, Bob Slovak, Eyewitness Sports." I never thought I'd see the day. :D

And from a very happy East Bernard, good night!

4. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Congrats fellas you earned it. Now please beat LA if only to make us look good.

5. jinx_htx

jinx_htx Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great game, great crowd!! Dynamo was the better team and we deserved the win. Everything seems to be coming together nicely at just the right time.

So far so good.

PS. Props to Seattle supporters. I never thought I'd see that many non-Mexican away supporters at the Rob. Them boys were deep!!!

PPS. I loved the Gene Locke flyers. The pictures of each candidate were classic.

6. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One note. Our wide players are getting low marks from you guys because of today's game.

What I saw what Seattle working hard to take our wide play away. Our boys did play a number of balls OB, and some poor balls forward down the lines.

But have you ever seen us play better up the middle of the field? Notice how much more space was available up the middle? This is because the Sounders sold out to take away wide play. (And for good reason -- our goal came from wide service.)

Chabala and Mullan both contributed heavily to the goal. They both contributed to limiting Seattle. Mullan patrolled the right flank from endline to endline with great effectiveness -- we just didn't see him get around and get some crosses in. But that was not the way to win this game today.

I'm glad the boys kept looking to go around wide which kept Seattle emphasizing numbers out wide. It limited their effectiveness going forward.

Also -- I'm extremely grateful that Sigi played Nate Jacqua in MF and Ljundberg up front. I think Ljundberg was much easier to contain up front than he was in MF when Seattle came to town earlier in the season. I think both players were out of position and this was, for me, the biggest coaching question mark of all the semi-finals, including the big issue in Columbus.

7. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I am not doubting you about the questioning-but will add two things:1) Jaqua used to play that role with Chicago and even with us for a few matches.2) For me the Zakuani substitution was my Sigi head scratching moment. He had just proven to be dangerous on the flank in the two preceeding plays and then he gets subbed.

I will disagree that it was bigger than the CLB debacle. Playing the giraffe outta position and not playing GBS in the first leg are pretty far away from each other on the MLS debacle scale (of course we still hold the dubious honor of holding down the far end of the scaled with out NYRB outing last season)

8. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlmHN8mTkQ"]YouTube- Seattle Sounders @ Houston Dynamo - 11/08/2009[/ame]

9. mdynamo

mdynamo New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    I am surprised at the negative comment about the way Clark played. Frankly, I thought he played a terrific game, ranging all over the middle of the field to disrupt their attack. He seemed to jump higher and run faster to make defensive plays than I have seen him do in a long time. If I am not mistaken, that is exactly what Dom wants a defensive center midfielder to go, and Clark played according to plan in superb fashion.

10. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congrats guys. but an unwachable match of football. yuk. but you deserved the win.

good luck.

Greg Mockos
    Emerald City Supporters

11. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the word in Hawaiian for "Clutch Striker"...oh yeah...it's BRIAN CHING!!!

Seattle comes to the Rob and goes home with a loss. Often the 1-0 victories are at the core of this sport. Incredible fight and grit displayed by both teams. Seattle really had to dig deep for several stretches there in the first half to keep the scoreline at bagels.
    Both Keller and Stonewall Onstad commanded their area and both teams outside backs had to really go box to box all afternoon. The commitment to run till you want to puke was on display yesterday and like I said after the ida, it was going to be a 1-0 result here in Houston for either side. One slip up or one moment of shear Golazo magic. Well that's what we got!
    Thank God for having the return leg in front of all our incredible NARANJA fans! As always our guys feed off the crowd at the Rob and the look and reaction from Chinger after he buried that Golazo said it all. It was just like the reaction he did when he stood on the signage after nodding home the agg. winner vs Shitvas back in '06. Iconic Ching imagery.
    PSB...please tell us you have a picture of Ching's celebration?!?

Onwards to Cali and I am confident we will dispatch AEG's prefered club and make it back to Seattle for a 4th match up there.

13. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent job, Nigel. Thanks for taking and sharing all these pics. Your photos are better than most of what we see from MLS games in the papers.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah...the slide tackle on our Oduro in the first half was beyond terrible. And I like tough tackles in big matches however our favorite Naranja Burro was away and was chopped down with haste. I forget which Sounder it was but the ref deemed it a cautionary deed and not last man red.
    That could have changed the return leg there in the first half as early ejections often demand new tactics and even more running from the reduced team.
    I am glad that we beat them 11 v 11 however, well 11 v 10 techincally but that was 2 minutes from 120 minutes played when the tackle on Rico which produced the only red of the two legs (imagine that folks!) and as well coulda fuc[ed up Rico's right ankle and if a U.S. supporter as well, perhaps another U.S. defensive type player needing rehab.
    But winning and a shitload of ice sure do go a long way for sore ankles.

15. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Great photos Nigel, but I suspect you used Photoshop to get that many pictures of Ljungberg standing on his feet!;)

16. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hehe........word !!

I've heard that baldylocks is going to become a Ref. next season. because the way he was calling his own fouls and corners was crazy. and stupid Gonzales would do whatever Lollyberger told him to do. Freddy is the Tom Brady of soccer !!

And if you see Hainyman (or whatever that FUFC's head coach name is) look real angry in the first game next season it will be because he was standing right in front of 109 and got ripped on. he looked real angry and was pointing to his chest, something about working for USSF or whatever. he told us he didn't wanna hear any of our hogwash:rolleyes:

Screw him too !!

17. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    wow that slide show is awesome.thanx for that.some real quality and you captured the atmosphere for those like me who are not able to be there.

great job.

comeonyoudynamobeatLAndyBeckscomeonyoumlscupfinal!!!!!

18. DrSue

DrSue Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Fantastic game and a great showing from the Seattle crowd. Before the game we got to go on the field to get my jersey. My other half said "good luck" (or something like that) to Rico who was sitting down stretching. Rico looked back at him with this look of "I'm going to kill you with my laser eyes" :eek: Yikes! We had a great time yelling discouraging remarks at Ljungberg, he eventually caved and gave us a thumbs up.

Oh, best beard so far goes to Diesel :p

19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nigel you are amazing. How did you get the picture of the goal??? And the picture of Freddie holding up his jersey when he was mad at a call, I thought he should have gotten carded for that. And nobody wanted to see his belly anyhow.

20. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Freddy Ljunderoos won't be quiting the Tweakers because he has a promotional underoo campaign highlighting the Space Needle. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing said product but I expect it to be on every Seattle billboard.

21. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anticipation of something great about to occur. No really a lot of it is luck and an absolutely stupendous camera and lens. You just frame the action and press the button which then takes about 8 shots per second.

This game I saved about 50 of the approximately 300 shots I took.

22. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I mention that after the bloody incident on the airplane I think I left my crappy little camera in the seatback pocket? I was sort of distracted at the time. And people kept laughing at me, I wasn't thinking straight.

24. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
  25. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States