Post-match: Dynamo vs Sounders Leg 2, Sunday 11/8/09 2pm [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    watermarks nigel...watermarks...

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, just to add my 2 cents, I pretty much agree with what everybody else said.... we had a great time, we took 4 guys that hadn't been to many games before, now they're begging for Chivas to win and for tickets for next weekend.

Did anybody else notice that the crowd got sorta quiet towards the end of the second half, not from boredom or anything, but I think from sheer exhaustion. We need a fan fitness thread. I know I was dead, but everybody got reenergized after the goal. And it was fun how much we stood, we didn't stand the entire game like Seattle, but we did stand for the overtime and for the last few minutes of the second half. And more standing than sitting i think during the rest of the game. Pretty cool.

3. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually agree with what Freddie says there and that's one of the major complaints with MLS referees and linesmen.

However today, Freddie was going down on every touch. If the Sounders put out trading cards of each of the players, they'd all be in action poses except for Freddie. He'd be sitting on the field looking up a the ref with his arms held out.

He went down waaaay too easily today and I wouldn't have characterized any of the Dynamo tackles on him as dirty. I expect a player of his technical ability to be able to stay on his feet better than that.

That said, he's not a player that any team likes to face and I expect we'll be renewing our rivalry again next year.

4. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got quiet because I was nervous as hell.

Not much I can say about the game. Every Dynamo player played like warriors today. Spectacular performance and a deserved win for the Dynamo although the Sounders definitely did not roll over. On to the WCF...let's see what happens.

5. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    watched the game on the channel 11 feed.
    thank you channel 11

congrats dynamo.great win .Im proud of our guys.

good game Oduro way to bust your butt.

I hope Landin plays more in the next game doing exactly what he did tonight.He could be our Blanco.

comeonyoudynamocomeonyouwesternconferencehomegamecomeonyougoats!

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I had put a lump of coal up my butt before the game, I'd have a 5 carat diamond to give the wife.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually physically sick to my stomach towards the end of the second half, and starting the extra time....

Landín to me is amazing, he's become a great Dynamo player. It would be fantastic if he would become a big goal scorer, too, and I don't doubt that's about to happen. But in the meantime, I love it every time he touches the ball, you know something amazing is about to happen. I just wish the Dynamo would be able to take advantage of some of his incredible passes.

8. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i saw a beautiful pass to mullan towards the space he thought he was going to be... too bad mullan gave up on the run. it showed that they dont know each others tendencies.. but once they do.. watch out because he can pass and score...

im still waiting for the wade b. and landin appreciation threads...

9. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's us against Hollywood next friday.

Southwest to Burbank and return is $187 each way

10. NicaMexicano

NicaMexicano Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Houston
    We are going to be there already! Wedding to go to on Saturday in LA, Friday Home Depot Stadium here we come!

11. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Best deal right now $414 roundtrip on SWA from Hobby to Burbank (Friday-Saturday)

Next in line...

$446 from with one stop on Frontier and US Airways from IAH to LAX (Friday - Saturday)

12. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Chabala: If you watch the entire game (again) I think you will find that Chabala had something like 9 give aways (passes to the opponent or out of bounds) and had only 5 passes to Dynamo teammates. (Crosses not counting in either). 1 to 10 he was a 4

Mullan: Played with heart, made the game changing play which is why defenders attack the ball and head it over the goal line instead of waiting to volley the ball. Outside of that this was probably the worst Mullan performance I've seen in awhile. Much like Chabala Mullan sent ball after ball out of play that were intended as passes. Give him a 5 because of setting up the goal.

Onstad was clearly MotM

14. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am drained. What a day...I will sleep well tonight.

15. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I´m also tired, no sun to blame this time like the last game against Seattle.

The difference this time is that I´m hoarse, when I tried to sing the "yo si le voy, le voy al naranja", I couldn´t get anything out of my mouth, I need someone to teach me how to use my stomach.

How sad we play against the Galaxy, not because is the Galaxy, but because the game will be in LA.

I know the travelers will make us proud and represent.

16. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier, I remember some of the earlier thread - talk shit about Brian Ching - how slow and bad he is and not scoring ..well, some of you should just hold your thought ..there is not reason to bitch just because he was not scoring earlier .It was a beautiful goal by Brian today.:D..Bob Bradley - too bad Ching , Holden and Rico can't join you next week.. :)
    p/s: now some of you talk shit about Landin..again , just hold your thought..!!!

And lastly, I like to thanks those Seattle fans that make it out here today, they were very nice , chat with one of those fan ..did not cause any problems...not cheap to make the trip here but is worth it according to one of the fan. I salute you guys on this.

17. scarfman

scarfman Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Houston
    According to the website, replays are scheduled for KHOU 11.2 Monday and Tuesday night at 8. Don't know what they'll do about overtime.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t200/schedule/2009/television.jsp

18. GAleno2001

GAleno2001 New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    West Hou
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the highlights of the afternoon was right before the start of the match: A "Seatle sounders fan" got the show started running to the center circle on the pitch with a sounder's poster. All the sounder's supporters started cheering on him only to be silenced by Dynamo Diesel stomping all over him :D It was priceless to see how the Seattle supporters just stared at the scene in disbelief. Classic from Dynamo Diesel:D

19. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha good stuff

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great effort, great win, great end to the home portion of the season.

Good ol' Westside thoughts:

1) The field was disgraceful. I'm not sure it is worth the effort to type words to discuss it.
    2) Oduro played his best game as a Dynamo. Active, decent touch, good runs, beat Keller but couldn't beat the post.
    3) Landin showed that he has a skill set and level a notch above most MLS players. As I have said previously, I think 2010 will be the true test for him. However, I think some of you are getting carried away with his performance to date.
    4) Dom made the right moves at the right times for the result.
    5) Tremendous goal by Ching, but a great game as well. He controlled the ball well and won a bunch of balls.
    6) Chabala's yellow was unfortunate, especially because so much else went uncalled. Interestingly, Geiger the 4th official was the one who told Gonzalez to give the card.
    7) Ljundberg is a dick. Enough said.

Unfortunately we have to go to LA for the conference final. Fortunately, they seem to be maintaining a professional quality pitch so we won't have to play on the blacktop at Robertson. The HDC doesn't scare me, although Houston doesn't have many wins at that venue.

I really feel that the field quality the last few games has affected the Dynamo play. So many bouncing balls, balls running out of play, players slipping, a thousand 50-50 balls. It seems like very little good soccer and 90 minutes (or 120) of scramble soccer where balls falling the right way dictate the result.

I expect a better game in LA.

21. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i didnt give players ratings but just gave my opinion of what i remembered...
    i remember getting frustrated at clark, cameron, and hainault... chabala and mullan not so much.. maybe i have to watch the game on a tv to pay more attention because i was living it at the rob... maybe my opinions were a bit biased because i was still energized (and hoarse) from the match when i wrote that...

22. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really impressed by Boswell, Onstad, Oduro, and Landin. I thought they were all great.

I also feel good about the team working through this series.

23. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when the game was over, i said out loud "i can't believe how much respect that i've lost for ljundberg". i know the dude is passionate and was frustrated but he acted like i expected montero to act.

i've ridden oduro hard this year, and have even given him the nick name "donkey". the past few games have made me start to eat my words. his lack of finishing is still comical at times, but i hope he continues to prove me wrong. getting a brace vs the gals would go a long way.

onstad for mayor

mid field was massive today. way underrated. we owned the middle third and will need to do so again on friday to have a chance.

ching is a man. period.

landin is a man. a fat one. but today, for perhaps the first time, he didn't look completely lost. he hustled and displayed deft. i even saw him jump for a ball!

some one needs to locate the email for the groundskeeping clowns at cougar high. i can't believe that profesionals have to play at that dump. sickening. and if i was a uh alum, i especially would let the school know just how shameful it is that they can only grow dirt.

the drew careys played hard and hats off to their traveling fans. have fun making excuses on the flight home.

bring on the experiment and landy cakes. real men vs the baby oil boys. i'll take the real men 2-1

the sky is orange with our victory!
    Rabies on LA!

24. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TAKE THAT STH BRIAN

[​IMG]