Post-match: Dynamo vs Sounders Leg 2, Sunday 11/8/09 2pm [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 8, 2009.

1. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope for a good match, no injuries.
    Play good.

2. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    anyone know a live stream i can watch

3. jamus4545

jamus4545 Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    YES YES YES....Bring on Chivas!!!!!

4. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Awesome! The Tweakers held us off and played hard...but El Chingon is back!

5. wheezl

wheezl Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Livorno, Italy
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice win guys. Good luck in the Western Final.

6. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats. I wish all of you except your douchenozzle goalkeeper the best from here on out.;)

7. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard fought game.....Houston deserved the win. They pushed the game had more chances and at the end had better subs in OT. Seattle should be proud...what a team they have and will be a top notch team for years to come.

8. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) To the Sounders supporters who've shown class the entire time they've had a team (the vast majority of them), I salute you. Outstanding team and no reason we won't see Seattle in the MLS playoffs next year either. Big props to the supporters who made the trip to Robertson Stadium. Every club wants supporters like that. The Dynamo and it's supporters wouldn't have sweated if we had played any other team in the playoffs, seriously. Not so with Seattle. The one team that no one wanted to play, including us.

2) To the Sounders supporters (the small minority) who've used every opportunity this season to take shots at other MLS clubs, mainly the Dynamo, enjoy your vacation and use the time off wisely, perhaps to understand that the more you shoot your mouth off, the sweeter results like this are. Perhaps a little more humility in the future and understand that you have to EARN respect in this league. It isn't just given to you.

3) Freddie Ljungberg can &^%$ off back to Sweden. The guy just got finished playing for Arsenal and West Ham in the most physical league in the world and didn't say squat. He comes over to the MLS and cries for a foul just about every time he's touched. His diving today was outright pathetic too. Oh, and he felt the need to have a go at the ref at the end of the match which resulted in a yellow. When he started to say more, the ref reached for his pocked and Freddie went running. Enjoy your vacation Freddie.

More later.

9. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I just can't believe how good the dirt, I mean field looked.

10. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dynamo win just denied Stuart Holden, Brian Ching and Ricardo Clark the opportunity to play Slovakia/Denmark for the USMNT. Wonder what game these guys would rather play in? ;)

11. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are asking that, you need therapy lol

12. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Can you take a joke?

13. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes but your post did not imply a joke...if I saw a smiley face that would help. But disculpe.

14. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick, quick! Please help a Dynamo brother here! Didn't set my DVR.

Could someone please post when the game is going to be shown on TV again?

(Congratulations, Dynamo players, fans and the whole organization! Thanks for defeating Seattle!)

15. jamus4545

jamus4545 Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Go CHIVAS!!!!

16. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Told Drew Carey he was going to lose, Dynamo win, and George H. Bush leaves the stadium happy. WHAT A GAME!

17. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anybody failed to leave it all on the field today. Total great game from both teams.

Brian Ching in the clutch, once again.

Oduro making the doubters look foolish for the second game in a row.

The ghosts of a red cow have been exorcised. Have we got the slime out of our system too?

The thing that should still scare the league, Dynamo still doesn't have that crispness that they had during the win streak. Get that back and it won't even be close, don't and... ...well pretty much the same, but we won't be as happy about it.

18. testarazo

testarazo New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    South Margina
    Club:
    De Graafschap
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree that you have to earn respect in this league. Good luck to Houston. We won us some silverware this year, maybe you will too.

I completely disagree with your Ljungberg comments, though. I'll let the man speak for himself:

"If I were to say one thing negative about MLS, it would be that the difference between a hard tackle and a dirty tackle isn't understood. I've played in England for most of my career, it's the hardest league in Europe. But they know the difference between a hard tackle and a dirty play that can injure your opponent."

Enough said, really. I've been following Freddie very closely and he's a class player in all sense of the word, both on and off the pitch, and truly cares about making this league better. We need more players like him in this league, and it won't happen if constant reckless tackles keep being accepted as the norm (as opposed to *hard* tackles).

As for the yellow card... you wouldn't complain loudly if the ref and assistant ref called a minimum of 3 minutes injury time, and then wrapped the game up at 1:23 minutes when your future in the playoffs is at stake? Come on man, that one is completely justified.

Congrats again on the win. When we knocked you out we went to win our first championship trophy, maybe you'll do the same and win the cup, and we'll be each other's lucky charm! See you next year.

19. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game, loved to see that sea og orange.

That guy dressed as Super Dynamo surely brought good luck, MVP to that super duper handsome fan.

20. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To those Seattle Supporters who made the long trip - Well done, you guys were showed complete class in our house.

[​IMG]

21. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    GREAT GAME!!!! DALE DYNAMO!!!!!!!! just got home and couldnt be any happier.. what a tasty win and vs seattle, tastes so sweet..so..so sweet....
    NEVER had a doubt...

Onstad is THE MAN!!! MR FANTASTIC all the way...
    Hainault- had a subpar game but thats because he concentrated more on D, got burnt a couple of times but hes not known for speed.
    BB- looked sketchy a couple times but got solid as the game progressed.
    Geoff- had a bad game in my opinion but 1 bad game outta 30 is not bad.
    Chabala- showed us why he is a starter now.

BUT---as a team our D dominated...these guys play for each other....

Clark- also had a bad game but 1 bad game is not his norm.. not worried.
    Holden- attacking mids arent known for playing D. this one does and good.
    Davis- Had a good game... THATS the brad i want to see...
    Mullan- Had a good game... played like he was 24 again..
    Ching- we appreciate ching unlike nat team fans... WHAT a volley!!!
    Oduro- did his best to shut us up.. playing like this will ALWAYS make that happen.
    Ashe- hes back!!!! a little rusty but he is back!!!
    Landin- you cant teach ball skills like he has... CANT wait for next year..
    Weaver- he is a predator.. played like he is still hurt but he has proven himself already in the past.

again.... WHAT a game... we are DANGEROUS.. i dont think anyone wants to play us right now. ITS THE DYNAMO modda$%&@#!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

22. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on the other side of the stadium, but I´m proud of the fans on that side, I couldn´t see anyone going there looking for trouble.

Props to our FO for having real police officers looking out for their safety.

I knew we would do the right thing and once again showed our stadium is a respectful soccer party.

23. ness77

ness77 Member

Jan 11, 2007
    The 2-0-6
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, Houston. Good on you guys for having a great playoff atmosphere to go with a great team on the pitch.

This one hurts for me personally... Before the Sounders FC were really a notion, I followed the Dynamo in MLS in the '06 and '07 seasons. Y'all have a good club and I'm looking forward to many intense matches in the seasons to come.

24. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL