Post here, if you dare :)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Self-explanatory...

Paul

2. soccerdad4

soccerdad4 New Member

Mar 2, 2001
    New England
    May as well start at the beginning, which wasn't that long ago. When the team travelled to the left coast for their training camp in 2001was probably the most activity this forum has seen. The speculation based upon most of us not knowing the majority of the potentail roster was rather fun. I never got the same sense of excitement the following years. there was definitely something special about year number 1. I belive it was Sushi bait that kept us up to date with reports and pictures form the camp. Adam jumped in immediately. Fast and furious with his commentary and suggestions never fearing the feedback from more knowledgeable and in touch fans and supporters of the game. It also took almost the whole first season before Girls4Mia came out of the closet.

Sure have a lot of fond memories of that first year.

3. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    True, there's lots of folks more knowledgeable than myself about the game.

The style Krikorian emphasized is a style of game I find more entertaining, and worthy of my support.

Anyone who saw San Jose beat Chicago recognized a brand of game which the Charge similarly played.

My view of any soccer match is:

1) is it watchable and is it entertaining....

score is largely secondary.

As to some of the other points in soccerdad4 post, I don't know enough detail to make any relevant comment.

Glenn and his red ski cap were valued by a host of Charge supporters, including myself.

His sudden disappearance during the middle of 2003 is a bit odd.

So what surmises the Charge to me....

It was a fun 3 year period, and hopefully the fun gets rekindled in the future.

4. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    if not, i expect you all at Rhodes Field next fall to watch Penn win the Ivy League. :D