Post Game Thread: Red Bulls @ Dynamo 11.09.08 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 9, 2008.

1. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the game is finished, post your comments, etc in here.

Ref sucked, and no trolling or flaming please.

2. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post game thread? How did we do? I haven't even left for the game yet and I'd like to know!

3. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't stand it anymore - I was doing ok til I read *rey*'s "stomach in knots" and "throwing up" post.

Then I watched the Chivas-RSL game and couldn't figure out who to root for - then decided we'd be better off playing the depleted Chivas team cause that Armenian bloke looked dangerous.

Which gave me nightmares last night.

I'm thinking the only way to handle these playoff games is totally inebriated.

4. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You know what's hilarious. Out of curiosity, I just looked up the attendance for the University of Houston's football game yesterday. They only had 23,000 on their homecoming!

Now we know who the real team is at Robertson Stadium. They should kick out U of H and give the stadium to the Dynamo....LOL

Congrats Dynamo fans!

5. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That hand ball was a tough call. Regardless, Dynamo had multiple chances and should have buryed one to make this game interesting. NY deserves it. Congrats!

6. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and as posted in the other thread, time to shift focus to the Stadium. Forever Orange!!!!!!!! Lets do it again next year.

7. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still love our Dynamo! God bless them all. Firpo...you better watch out!

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out his headline on the BS homepage.

Classy...

9. dgprats

dgprats New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I'm a huge Dynamo fan and I am Forever Orange but expect a whole lot more out of Brian Ching. He an American international and he can't finish two fantastic chances. They were not half chances those were chances you'd expect a professional to make. He is dead to me as a Dynamo fan. I think we send him off to Seattle and keep Jaqua. I can't forgive him for such a poor performance.

10. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a newbie....we all forgive you. Yes he wasn't finishing today...sometimes this game is cruel. Saying he is dead to you....means you are not a true fan. He has meant so much to this franchise.

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is such a thing as sarcasm.

At least, I hope that's what he was waxing.

You're not going to win them all. Let's just hope RSL gets it done next weekend. I'll be damned if an Easterner wins the Western Conference trophy.

12. dgprats

dgprats New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    yeah he's scored some big goals for us but his performances all season have been less than par. he's scored lots of goals for us but if you ask me i think we need to move on from ching. i think jaqua has everything ching has and more. i am as hardcore a fan as you i just think that the team needs change.

13. JoshHignos

JoshHignos New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Houston

we can't ship of players for every game that they don't perform well in one game. Do you get fired at your job every time you have an off day at work? Ching did play some spectacular balls in for other players who didn't finish do we ship those players off too? I'm proud of our team and for only have 2 losses at home is an amazing feat, coming back from our poor form at the start of the season is an amazing feat, playing close to 50 games and still having the energy to make it to the playoffs is an amazing feat. We just had an off day today and it happened to come during a very important match, if this were week 15 in regular season no one would be so bent out of shape, they would say exactly what I am saying which is great job guys, we'll get them next time. Lets focus on CONCACAF and getting our stadium DALE DYNAMO!

14. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Josh, well said.

15. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a bit of an ugly season, but the Dynamo can look forward to continuing in this year's Champions League, and they will be in the Champions League next year.

Great job stepping up guys. And thank you for coming back, Nate Jaqua. Although my jersey now has the wrong number, you really made this all possible. Hopefully you'll stay all year this time around.

16. dgprats

dgprats New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I love my dynamo and what we've achieved this far, two mls cups, a superliga finals not to mention that we're still in CONCACAF. i have felt all season that ching has not been that good. this isn't just about today.

17. dgprats

dgprats New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    "IN DOM WE TRUST!" lets win champions league. FOREVER ORANGE!

18. JoshHignos

JoshHignos New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Houston
    ching had 13 regular season goals putting him 5th for the golden boot

19. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Hey guys,

Don't want to be a troll at all, but I was reading this thread and just had to say you all are incredibly classy. Just great, great fans. Still showing this much support and love for your team after a playoff loss is awesome.

Most of the NY fans are not quite there yet (they call for the coache's head after most losses)... We have a lot to learn from you!

Good luck in Champions!

20. Sattva

Sattva New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    On the Road
    As a die-hard Rev fan I can say with all honesty----I can feel your pain ;)

Our two teams are still the class of MLS but as was well said above---this game can be cruel and you can't win them all. Looking forward to going head to head next year and in MLS Cup 2009.

21. KevNet

KevNet New Member

Oct 18, 2008
    U.S.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Dynamo are still a top-notch team in MLS. NY played better today and that's all. Lets hope they'll work on their weakness this off season and get the stadium deal done.

22. szgg07

szgg07 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    My heart hurts.

I lost $200 dollars.

But I'll be there next season Dynamo. :(

23. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still in a bit of shock.

Of course when you have the best MLS home team vs. one of the worst MLS road teams, and all you need is a win, I guess a 3-0 drubbing at the hand of the Red Bulls was really the only outcome. :D

I'd love to give big credit to NY but I can't seem to find it in myself to do so. Not due to sour grapes or anything like that but other than Richards and Cepero, they really didn't do much. Maybe I need to give Osorio credit for taking away one of our main strengths which is our midfield by having NY harass us every time we had the ball.

I don't recall much about the other NY keeper (Conway?) but my guess is that he's got a fight on his hands to keep his job. Cepero pretty much kept the Red Bulls in this one. Richards was solid and credit Dom for making the sub at halftime to try and address his threat while giving us a bit more bite in the attack.

I'm fairly confident (and no I'm not wearing my orange tinted glasses) but had one scored one early in the 2nd half when we were pressing, I think the floodgates would have opened. It wasn't to be though and there you have it.

Let's see if we can keep the nucleus of this team together in the offseason and gear up for another run.

24. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom has to shoulder half the blame. He shouldn't be fired or anything silly like that, but everybody knew there was a huge mismatch with Wade vs Richards (actually Wade vs anybody who can run a 50 yard dash in less than 10 seconds) and he did what you would expect and left Wade there. Hopefully Dom learns.

The offense was great, the finishing was horrible. Wade pushed wide from inside, DeRo couldn't get it on target, Ching had an empty net and two point blank shots and doesn't score at all, and so on.

The Dynamo is still the best team in the league, but they will have to figure out how to replace Wade (its all year, its not a one game thing) and potentially Boswell and Jaqua. Three starters will be hard to lose.

I'm proud of their effort, I'm proud to wear their colors, and I can't wait until next year (and the Firpo game).

25. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I only hope that this means the Dynamo throw everything into winning that Firpo match, and going on to represent MLS in the CCL quarter-finals.

And think of it this way - if you're a Dynamo fan, at least now the way the schedule has gone, you can still end the season on a high if you do win!