Post Game Thread: Houston Dynamo @ Chicago Fire 06.05.09 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Jun 5, 2009.

1. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Blanco....no ref....lol.....play nice....peace!

2. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    quick question fellas... were can i watch the game via the internet? :confused:
    i dont think its on p2p, i have been searchig for links and cant find any

thx

3. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nevermind.. justintv dynamoguy..duhh:p.. i kinda panicked for a minute there..
    thx bay

5. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yessss baby!!! Great effort, incredible!!!!!

6. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dynamo Two-Steps over Chicago for the 1 nil with by a Holden goal in the 4th.

Great substitutions by Dom. He's been getting a lot of flack on BS for that.

Wondo was the man!!!!!!!! Great future for him in orange.

7. BerlinTexas

BerlinTexas Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    How great are the men in orange? Great win.

8. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Excellent win, and another game where the 3 subs made a big difference. Mullan really turned things around when he came in, and while Oduro didn't do that much he was better than Akinbiyi. Wondo helped to shore up the defense late in the match and hold the ball up top.

Was really impressed with Cameron tonight, and Boswell, and Hainault did well. Waibel was having some problems on the right side, but things got a lot better for him when Mullan came in. Mullan and Craig work really well together on the right side, and Ashe just doesn't look comfortable on the right side. Holden also played very well, playing a lot of good defense as well as creating some offense (and scoring a sweet goal).

This team is really developing some depth, which will pay off during July (Gold Cup and US Open Cup) and Aug/Sept (Champions League).

Houston is now second in the overall table, with a really big match Wed @ Chivas.

9. szgg07

szgg07 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Great game, great game. Scary at moments when Chicago was close to scoring, but Cameron did an incredible job, and Mullan helped out a lot once he came in.

Kudos for Dom, he gave a shout out to the Texian Army! :D

10. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i dont see wade getting his spot back, unless cam moves to mid or people get hurt

11. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just stopped trying to predict Dynamo formations, or trying to understand Dom´s logic, the Dom seems to have the magic touch, I´m only a fan, so now I just accept blindly whatever he tries to do.

12. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Team is looking great and beating every one up right now. As we know this is a long season and I hope they peak at playoff time.

Very disappointed in Akinbiyi's performance. Dom gave him a big chance tonight and he blew it. I know this might not have too much bearing but when Waibel is in the lineup the team wins.

If the U.S. gets beat by Honduras and gets skunked in Confed Cup, watch Dom be at the top of the list for USMNT.

13. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Two out of three ain't bad!

14. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Yeah, Akinbiyi has now had a couple of extended runs to show what he can do, and hasn't done anything. Not sure if he got hurt tonight or just cramped up; if it's the latter, that reinforces the concerns about his fitness and how he might fare in the summer in Houston and other warm weather/humid places the Dynamo play. It will be interesting to see who gets the start Wed vs Chivas; Ade has not shown any reason he should get another start at this point and that's a really big match for the team.

Waibel just brings a great attitude and competitiveness when he plays. Although he was getting beat in the first half by Pappa, he kept working the whole match and played solidly.

15. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    You need to give Ade a little more time. He hasn't really played enough to call final judgement yet.

If he gets to July and hasn't improved then try to dump him, til then let's hope he get's ramped up and fits in better.

16. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    The team will want to decide before July 1, as senior contracts are guaranteed at that date. You can cut someone after that, but they still get paid and the salary counts against the cap. So Ade has 4 more weeks to impress or Houston may decide to get rid of him. I actually don't really expect to see him cut (unless the team has another forward they are close to signing), but I could see him falling down the depth chart if he doesn't start showing things.

17. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. He needs a bit more time and we need him for the US Open Cup. I think tonight he just got a little cute with the ball in front of the goal. He needs to use his size and turn and put the ball on goal.

For me this was the most impressive win of the season for the Dynamo. They withstood an extended barrage from a top team on the road. Cameron is now my favorite player and ive been very impressed with Haunalt.

18. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget KK..he was the one that pass the ball to Holden for the goal !!! I thought KK was great..and Pat our best GK - he came out big time...save a few shots..and I agreed with Dynamofan that Cameron has good future here - this kid is incredible..:cool:

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go back to the in-game thread - I called it there . . . Akinbiyi will be cut by July 1 to avoid the guarantee for the rest of the year

20. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Win for the Dynamo on the road against a great team as of late. Ade, IMO, couldn't have done any better given his time with us. He had to come up big for the first time against a very powerful team, that even though they were missing key players, they were VERY dangerous tonight. I think they played damn good in trying to get the early goal back and I tip my hat to them. I think if Oduro gets more time to build timing and chemistry with his team, i think will be a huge factor for us in goal scoring. Kudos to DOM for the subbing tonight. They were superb choices; though for a second there I thought Waibel would've been the third sub considering the speed they kept throwing at him on his side, but cramping on our striker's side took over.Great saves by Pat. Even more points closer to having better stats than Keller and even closer to dominating the West. On a side note, KUDOS TO THE SG'S out there tonight. Dom and the players noticed and fed off the energy you guys brought tonight. I could hear you guys over section 8 more than few times tonight on TV.

21. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    What did you see him do? That's the point, he should have come up big, but he had no impact on the game at all. Kamara made an impact, but Akinbiyi did not.

22. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand where you're coming from, but to me my worry is I really dont see him meshing with us the way he and we want him to yet either, but Kei had the same problems with us when he arrived as did Ngwenya. My real concern WAS mentioned in this thread about him handling the Houston heat, but I do understand the urgency to see him produce given his size and speed, not mention our last acquisition from Argetina that went arry

23. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Akinbiyi has not had a ton of opportunities to shine, but in his time I see very little that tells me he is better than say, Wondolowski. He almost seems lazy out there.

Also, Julius James was a healthy scratch, even with two regulars our for national team duty, ouch.

24. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Yeah - Chabala is ahead of James on the depth chart at this point, he's been on the bench the last two weeks while James has not. Hainault is one guy who has definitely taken advantage of his opportunity, while James (and to some extent Chabala) did not do that when they had the chance earlier. With Cameron and Hainault and Waibel all playing well it's hard for James to get much of a chance now.

For Akinbiyi, I just wonder how much patience Dom is going to show. And now with Ching not going to the Confed Cup, if he gets healthy in the next week or two, the minutes for Ade to play his way into comfort are going to be few and far between. That's what I like about Wondo, even with him getting so few minutes, when he gets in he does make an impact on the game. It's good to have someone like that on the bench and you want to see that kind of play out of a late game sub. Haven't seen Ade do that when subbing or starting.

25. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The streak is over bitches.