Post-Game Thread: 9/8 Dynamo v RSL [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hehe :p

RSCA_TEXAN is going to get a chance to see Corey's first goal in L.A.:cool:
    Ashe has been learning well from Spencer. he doesn't try to go by defenders no more, if he sees he can't beat his marker, he passes back to Barrett or DeRo now. The odd thing is the Jacqua scores with his feet when he gets fed the ball in the box. and Ching does most of his scoring with his head. :confused:

He must've fit the profile !!!

p.s.

What's that beer commercial where coach Bill Parcels gets asked if he believed in Bigfoot??

2. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Es todo Cory Flahse! All those trigger-happy Ashe critics take a nose dive off a high place! As far as security, I'm pretty sure they were just having some fun with you. One of the guys insisted that I take out my brass knucks...I told him I left them in my truck. :D

3. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    rofl :D rep = must spread some rep around , before bla bla bla

4. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I know, that Robb Zipp took at least one picture ...

I had the laugh of the lifetime, that guy looke too funny.

5. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    That's what I'm sayin'! Give Jaqua a few years under Ching and Jaqua will start pounding them in with his head. Thus, the torch shall be passed.

6. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    so with Corey ashe... since he is so short.. his feet are like his head or are his feet his head?

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    And we'll be back again to the MLS Cup every time.....amazing :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfePprOIew

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Why are you hating on Corey?? :mad:
    Why are you calling Corey Mr. Potato Head?? :rolleyes:

Huh !!!! :mad:

9. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where none of our 4 goals GOTW worthy?!?!

10. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No, they were straight foward azz kickers only :cool:
    Now the assists from Corey Ashe, they should have like the assist of the weeak type of deal :p

p.s.

I see any more bullcaca about Corey Ashe, and I'm starting a thread.........RSCA_TEXAN :mad:

11. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those assists were awesome! If I didn't know better, I would think Corey and Nate were twins that got separated at birth - they were on the same wave length on Saturday!:D

12. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robinson's header was probably our best one. 2 of Jaqua's were from about 2 yards away and he was completely unmarked.

13. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSCA has a crush on Corey. That's the only explanation. :D

14. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, Jaqua's been in the league almost as long as Ching and still hasn't figured it out on his own. I'd rather he just keep up this habit of not over thinking opportunities he's given. (Just put some non-hand/arm body part on the cross and make it go the gaol.)

Ashe, on the other hand, is playing like the rookie he is. Some games are on and some are off, This game was very on, At least he's always headed in the right direction: up. I'd like to see him as Davis's backup, but then where do you put Holden in the depth chart. Damn it's good to have finally have these problems in the MLS, too much talent for the starting team.

The rest of the team looked good. The defense got overwhelmed on the last two goals, or maybe it was just different reads on what was going on. Either way, it's kind of tough to really blame Cochrane on the corner kick, I was surprised by Onstad's move too, and when you take that into account... My favorite person to bash did better in the 1st half then the 2nd, but that's okay, he's going to be playing on Wednesday so he'll have an opportunity to play 90min of quality ball for a change.

15. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    So, a hattrick and Jaqua gets a reprieve from being called a sleeztak for one week? :D

16. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

i never called him a potato head? But he is short and when he jumps up doesn't go high or ever touch the ball in the air...

so was a fair question...

He had a great game! real great one..

but until then had not showed much.. and he is young (lots to learn)..but this is the Top league in the US in soccer... not the minor league and he is playing with the MLS champions...
    I expect better play from anyone at this level... Maybe thats asking too much... but i will support him if he continues to play well... ( will even put a banner up to support him and start his fan club!)...

so keep it up Corey!!!

17. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hummmmm:rolleyes:
    View attachment 3230
    Okay, this week he gets to be the gold sleetak, Enik. :p But he's still a sleestak.

18. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude back off.

Your demand that he be an all-star player, seemingly that everyone on our roster be an all-star player, is unrealistic. This is a rookie who would be the back of our bench if not for injuries. I think he is making the best of the opp presented him and helping us win. He deserves to be respected as such.

19. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Identical twins as well. I've been noticing their similarities.

20. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

21. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

humm you must be from Houston... How is David Carr doing or Steve "Franchise" Francis?

Read my post again...

22. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSCA...it's not asking too much for someone playing on a championship team for the top league in the country to be at a certain level of play. But it is asking too much, however, to want to ax a young lad who's barely gotten a handful of chances with the 1st team...expecting him to play like a top grade starter. He's obviously shown that he's growing and learning greatly from his training and experience with the 1st team, and being so impatient and douche-like about his development is probably what's bothering most here.

23. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree with you on that one. What's the point with Wolff? He's a good player but I figured his national team days were past him. Plus, what a team for Altidore to cut his teeth against.

24. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont care what the hell your post said. You have been trashing on Ashe for weeks now. He has three assists and suddenly you are happy with the way he is playing?

Try not to choke on that quote.

25. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    4 assists for the year. Tied with De Ro and 1 behind Holden for the lead. He's ahead of Mullan, Clark, and Davis.