post game party stories?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jwgreen40, Nov 8, 2004.

1. jwgreen40

jwgreen40 Member

Jun 18, 2003
    I assume that the team showed up at the post game party. Any good stories or comments from anyone?

james

2. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Good idea. I missed the party and would like to hear reactions as well.

Tim

3. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Actually, As far as I know only Jaime and Gomez showed. I can't even say for sure about Gomez as I didn't see him but I did talk to Jaime and have him come over to Srdan (who made that awesome banner). Jaime wanted to thank him for the banner.

4. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Ran into Mark Simpson there as well...my friend also ran into Mark and congratulated him on the win and he replied "yeah whatever" either he was pissed at the long wait at the bar, at his gf/wife that was with him or just grumpy (NOTE: all pure speculation). Saw Moreno there and got a wave after we all gave him a Jamie Moreno chant as he was leaving. I was too busy grooving to the old school Tribe Called Quest songs playing over the juke box to notice anyone else :)

P.S. If anyone found a DC United scarf on one of the couches by the big screen please let me know. I left it there that night :rolleyes:

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Are you sure you're not getting Mark Simpson confused with Freddy Adu?

:D

6. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I had alot of Bud Light that night........

7. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Kevin Payne was there too. Jaime was the only player that I actually saw there, he seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Saw a few of the DCU staffers as usual.

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was you? I was the one sitting on the floor to the left with the ponytail, looking up steeply at the replay, who came over and shook your hand glad to see someone else was enjoying ATCQ.

I wish more of the team had shown up at the post-game party, but it might have been more of a clusterfsck if they had, since it was packed. When Jaime walked by on his way out I tried to express congratulations and thanks, but I was a blithering idiot at that point (yes, more than usual).

9. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify...he his married. I think his wedding was right before he had went to Virginia Beach. (I've seen some United personnel and players float through my church in the past).

10. Sinderella

Sinderella New Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Odenton, MD
    Good to know that he is married...we would not want to start any rumors on this board :D

11. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Can't comment on the after party because I wasn't there but Mark's a good guy. I was with the SE group in the inaugural golf outing in '02 and he played with our group. His wife came along as well. Two very nice people.

12. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Saw Nathaniel Fry, one of the corporate accounts guys who was our liason on the Columbus trip that K and I won. He was sitting down, beer in each hand, and a sign across his lap that said that the back room was reserved for the team. I went up to him and said "And I thought that chauffering [K] and I around Columbus was the worst possible job you could have." He responded with, "Are you kidding? This is great. I get to sit on my ass and people hand me beers."

13. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    indeed that was me! Here we go yo, Here we go yo..so what's the what's the score metros?

A good chant to try and start next time we are up on the Metros :)

14. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    i told jaime twice (well, i was drunk) "no more penalties for you" by the look on his face he didn't appreciated it ;-)

also saw gomez on the way out hugged him and told him "we love you man" i think he understood my english ;-)

we tried to sign a few songs, but without GM our volume was somewhat subdued, still good times.