Post-Game :: Crew vs. NYRB [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by fidlerre, May 20, 2010.

1. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where have you been, he is with the national team....

2. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol geez are you even a real crew fan? I'm just saying how it is.

3. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Okay, now hold on a damn minute. That first post you wrote was brilliantly crafted sarcasm. But mocking the importance of hotdogs is crossing the line. This is America dammit. Boooooo! :p

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently mateo's post is proof of the Crew Forum Corollary of Poe's Law.

5. 96er

96er Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus
    Good God. I hope this Mateo character is joking. Otherwise it's straight to the blocked list with you.

I knew people were going to hate on Ekpo after this game but for me he is the best player on the ball that we have. Better than GBS. What he can do in tight spaces is nothing short of spectacular. He couldve been more dangerous with his runs but I think that'll come with more minutes as he gets in a rhythm.

There were several instances tonight where Ekpo did things on the ball where I said "he's the only guy on the team that couldve pulled that off." I like our team much better with him out there than Robbie.

6. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is no joke, but why block? Another thing, Adam Moffet is plying out of position, he would be much better than Lenhart out on wing as withdrown midfliedre.

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got tremendous skill, that's obvious. But he simply doesn't make decisions! When he has choices, it looks as if he can't make his mind up until all of his options evaporate. It's maddening.

8. AJStank

AJStank Member

Columbus Crew
    Mar 22, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just so I'm sure, has the sky fallen yet? Or are we good?

9. equus

equus Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Columbus Crew, **** YEAH!
    Coming again, to save the mother****** day yeah,
    Massive is the only way yeah,
    Red Bulls your game is through cause now you have to answer to

So **** my ****, and **** on my ****,
    What you going to do when we come for you now,
    It’s the dream that we all share; it’s the hope for tomorrow

**** YEAH!

10. bergbros

bergbros Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Galloway
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ekpo was not involved much and when he was his runs and passing went no where. He is much more dangerous off the bench where his energy and speed on the wing can overwhelm a tired defense. The midfield is a little bit of a concern right now with Moffat playing subpar as well and RR getting called up and Griffit not able to play yet.

11. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game, great result. Completely different team than last Saturday.
    1. Will should never have been caught in no mans land for their soft goal in the 81st. Hes played too well this season, but keeps having brain farts (ala New England)
    2. We play better, for whatever reason w/o Guille. 10-0 w/o him. Goals for is off the charts. Why? I think because when he is on the field opponents know if we are going to score its going to go through him. Shut him down shut the Crew down. We look for him all the time when he is out there. Without him we have to create new ways to score and the opponents arent sure whats coming. Just my two cents.
    3. First place with two games in hand....Awesome. Take care of Sunday boys, and then next Saturday is truly, truly MASSIVE
    4. Moffatt, SIT THE BENCH.
    5. Need to see Lenny, GBS up top Sunday.
    Gaven and Carroll CM, Renteria and Ekpo out wide
    Either that or do what we have ALL been calling for and put Lenny and Renteria up top and let Guille play CAM with Carroll in support. Ekpo and Gaven out wide.

12. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh.....Lenhart does not play out on the wing....

WTF is up with you dude?

Why no RR? Uh...he's with the National Team...
    Kevin Burns would be better?....uh..he's hurt and on injured reserve

If you've got constructive criticism, bring it. I think we're all up for that. If you're just going to make inane comments that sound like a Mel Gibson confession to a police officer, take it somewhere else.

In case you haven't noticed, this team that "sucks" and would be relegated is UNDEFEATED in 7 games. IN 7 GAMES!!!! We've accumulated 17 points in 7 games. Thusfar, we've not failed to secure at least 1 point. We also have the second highest goal differential in the league after tonight.

HOLY CRAP.

13. namesaregone

namesaregone Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this thread...people not getting jokes.

Good game, can the post get save of the week like Gino's going to get this week?

14. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be joking. Manu was terrible tonight.

15. Matt C

Matt C Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Good on ya Nordecke road warriors. You got a lot of love from ESPN at the end of the match

16. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game:

New York controlled the run of play until Eddie scored and then its like they wilted. Crew is totally different that way. If the other team scores the Crew presses even harder.

17. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH

Obviously Mateo is yanking your small chain if you believe any of his posts tonight. Conversly, I do not think 96er is kidding at all..just very delusional. Ekpo better than Robbie, no change. He was absolute crap tonight..ran at defenders and lost the ball needlessly when two or three teammates were open. Super sub status at best..especially after tonights performance.

18. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Chivas is a hell of a lot better team than the red bulls. Their defense was horrible.

Crew still needs to figure a way to relax, move the ball around a bit.

19. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a great shot......The smoke from the NY goal celebration is still in the air and their fans were still singing and chanting after their goal as Renteria smoked the NY goalkeeper and put it in the back of the net. He deserves a start.

20. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can I buy a poster sized version of that? That is AWESOME.

Also, if Mateo is kidding, then I owe him an apology as I certainly didn't take it that way. However, he failed the internet litmus test of using emoticons to signal is sarcasm, plus he said that it wasn't a joke.

21. FC TDG

FC TDG Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good road win. There should be no doubt anymore who's the top dog in the East (there never should have been, but w/e.) Renteria continues to impress. I honestly think he's played very well nearly everytime he's gotten extended playing time, I'd really like to see more of him.

In other news, the Emmanuel Ekpo cycle is completed once again:
    [​IMG]

22. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not go overboard with Renteria. I mean, he showed well, but let's not forget that his goal, despite a calm finish, was more about NYRB not knowing how to defend. It's not like he made a 30-yard slalom and then hit a 20-yard rocket. I would expect any one of our forwards in that position to score that goal.

Part of me is glad that Brunner is taking his lumps, and we're still winning. But dang, son -- gotta do a better job staying with your guy. Ditto that for Iro and Carroll. I thought Hesmer's head was going to explode three different times tonight.

23. FC TDG

FC TDG Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to go on record not expecting Lenhart would have finished that, seeing as I saw him fail to finish a similar chance in the New England.

24. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that (A)they weren't the exact same situations, as the one against New England, the keeper was already out to cut down the angle, and in this case, the keeper broke much later because of the unexpected nature of the giveaway, and (B)just because he missed that one doesn't mean I wouldn't expect him to hit this one.