possible new Charleston Battery Scarf

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Mikey mouse, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brought to you by the Brig and E10.

While the design still might have a couple tweaks here and there, and one final approval step, this looks like what we've decided.

[​IMG]

The fringe will be three colors, black, yellow and red if you can't tell from my feeble attempt free hand them.

We are looking at a price around the $10 mark each and are hoping to have these by the Carolina Challenge Cup in March. If anyone is intereseted in picking one up, post here or PM me.

mikey

2. Timbers_Roberto

Timbers_Roberto New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Nice design. I like the colors.

I hope you are going to cover the United we Stand part when you play DC United.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks

Didn't think of the United connection but just for FYI for the masses, "United We Stand" is a bit of an homage with a little history.

The Regiment has been the offical supports club for many years here with the Battery and they have done wonders for the club and orgnizing bus trips and the annual players picnic and the like. But for various reasons, mostly the members enjoying their excellent seats throughout the statdium, there was no one place all the Regiment members stood for the games.

So last year about this time, a few of us began a unofficial supporters club with the intention of complementing the Regiment. Our main aim was to create more atmosphere at the Battery matches (and drink some beer) and so began the E10 Underground. We chose section E10 our home and dubbed it the Brig. We began fairly small with around 10-15 guys but sometime before the middle of the season, many members of the Regiment began to join us in the Brig and before the end of the season we were regularly seeing 30 or more in the Brig with a few nights swelling to more than 50 (yes, being the soccer geek I am, I counted) So hence the "United we Stand."

anyways thanks for the complement on the design hopefully well see tehm soon!

mikey

4. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey, put me in for two, if you don't mind. I also need to renew my Regiment membership.

5. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we finally sober up and change "2005" to "2006" on the application, I'll send you a new one........

6. Brook

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Jim. My head's still swimming from last night also!

7. Furious George

Furious George New Member

Feb 19, 2001
    to the right
    I would like two as well.

8. MetroAnt

MetroAnt New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd definitely be interested in one. Please PM me when they're available.

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked it better when I thought it was just United, but I guess that's a cool story too :D

Good work, Mikey - I'll be buying a membership when I come down in March. :cool:

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The scarf got its final okay today (As a curtosey we ran it by the FO) and we're taking it to production.

If all goes as plan, these will be availible during the Carolina Challenge Cup in March.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Charleston Battery Supporters Scarf

The scarf is in the hands of the production company now and we are hoping to see them within the month. If you want one, post here or PM me and well work out the details. So far about half of a run of 100 have been spoken for.

Mikey

12. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in for one. Let me know how to pay you.

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I might try and set up a paypal site. I still want to wait until I get a better estimate on the delivery date before collecting funds. Ill PM or email those who have expressed interest once I figure it out. Cant wait to see them in person.

Mikey

14. Brook

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey; talk to fidlerre (Rich Fidler) from Hunt Park Insider on how to set up a paypal account. Or, I'll just send you a check.

15. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Mikey may have to change his name to Mikey "Trump" Mouse.

On a serious note... Mikey did an absolutely awesome job designing the scarf and it should look awesome based on the depictions. Whether you are a Battery supporter or not, you'll be proud to own one!!!

16. Stumptown Texan

Stumptown Texan New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    PDX
    I wouldn't mind adding to my scarf collection, put me down for one. That design really looks top-drawer.:cool:

17. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like one too. Nice job.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    When the ESC (all 3 of them) comes down for the Challenge Cup, sell them a bunch.

19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The scarves came in today and they look good if I do say so myself!

Ill be posting the cost, an actual photo and hopefully will set up a pay pal site soon.

Up the Battery!!!

mikey

20. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How heavy are they? Some scarves are very thick and I kinda like the fact that the regular Battery scarves use a little lighter material for theirs. More tolerable during the hot SC summer months.

21. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

these are the typical European style scarf, but surprisingly breathable. soak them in water and cool your neck in the middle of summer.:D I plan on mine being held high above my head!

Price is going to be $12 ea or 5 for $50 through the end of April then they go up to $15 each, unless you stand and "sing" with the E10, then Ill still give you the $12 price.

mikey

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The scarf we a huge hit at Saturdays match. sold about half of them on the day.

Locals can pick up on for $12 ea at teh E10 tailgate before the match on Sat. or up at the Three Lions pub at the US/Germany match on Wed. before the game.

I also will have a limited number at the game in E10, but honestly I don't want to be lugging around more than just a couple.

I hope to have a Pay pal site up later this week for those on this board that have requested the scarf. Im thinking $15 ea will cover shipping and all.

Look for it at our newest supporters site www.E10underground.net

mikey

23. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scarves are ready!!!

if you would like one please PM and we'll work out the details.

cost will be $15 per scarf and $3 of shipping and handling if you order more than noe scarf still $3 for shipping.

supplies are limited so don't wait too long!

Mikey