Possible Fund Raiser, PR Idea

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Hattrix, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    My nephews were at the Cubs game today and got a ball. They were absolutely thrilled. Now, that might seem like something that can't be done at an MLS game since MLB balls are a few bucks each, and MLS match balls are over $100. But here's an idea:

Suppose another raffle, similar to the 50/50 one takes place, with three winners. Instead of cash, MLS matchballs from the evening's games are raffled off, with any player's who score goals signing the balls after the game. Last game I got my hands on a game ball for a moment--they're pretty dang nice, and frankly, there's just something extremely cool about a souvenir like that. Artifacts like this might do a great job of getting families and friends of fans--and their kids--out to games.

I'm wondering whether such events could be done as a way to finance some activities for Section 8, too. Since the prize is a ball and not cash, I really don't see this conflicting with the 50/50 raffle, especially if profits are split 50/50 between FireWorks for Kids and Section 8.

Thoughts?

2. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i think you should quit your job and immediately get into the fund raising/pr business.

why does everyone think you have to run everything through s8? can someone explain when this became chicago fire policy?