Possible Flags for next year??

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by amer.footballsucks, Dec 23, 2005.

1. amer.footballsucks

amer.footballsucks New Member

May 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Hey everyone...I'm bored. And in this bordem, I pondered about if the centennial firm will have flags in 06 .. so ..once again in my bordem i made these designs.. I guess I was in a piratey kinda mood for some of them, but anyway.. here they are.. Of course I probably ( or my mom) wont be able to make all of these ( or any) but we can deal with actually making them in the future. tell me what u think or give new suggestions

[​IMG]

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/calebblock/rapids-flags.jpg

2. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the first one with the skull & crossbones one A LOT. Makes me wish we had gone with the supporter section name Platte River Pirates instead of Centennial Firm. The one with the C & the soccer ball is also excellent, and definitely fits with the name we chose better. The one with the big X on it is great too. Nice work!

I'm bored tonight too, but all I did was clean out a closet. :rolleyes: Should probably put on a movie.

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not going to be anything pirate related while FSL has the Jolly Roger Club or whatever they're called. Nice flags though.

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dunno what FSL has but Barra has been using skulls, skeletons and such for 10 years :)

5. amer.footballsucks

amer.footballsucks New Member

May 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Oh really? dang. lol... Pirates seemed in a way a good idea, as the name is water related. OH well.... FSL huh...? whats the F stand for again im slow :D

thanks for the commentz

6. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    French

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opposite of real in English...Fake. :)

8. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) I don't think that FSL or anyone has a lock on the Skull & Crossbones...

2) I actually like the idea of having a variety of properly colored flags, like a big Class VI banner (see Bonji's avatar) and the a Skull & Crossbones, some that say Rapids, or Goal, or Colorado, or Denver, Or a soccer ball, or like whatever in a Black on Blue style, maybe with a similar boarder to pull them all together in the section.

3) I will bet that the Rapids would HELP do this, and thus avoid their our proprietary rules (yes, I couldn't get new mats for my car with an "S" on them as the vendor feared lawsuits. Unbefolking-believable). We'd best contact them now, since this could be a 6-8 week process. They'd all look really cool if a single vendot did them. I'll pop for one.

4) Anyone know who the CVI contact is at the Front Office

RLH

9. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of flags. I think it would be cool if the Centennial Firm (127 folk) could get a HUGE flag with the Rapids Logo. Something like this size:

[​IMG]

10. chilistrider

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the huge flag thing can happen until we move into our own stadium, because a huge flag sort of begs to be put on a pole, and we might poke somebody's eye out with a pole.

I don't know if our colors are changing again or not. I don't think the FO will help us with flags until the colors are set.

11. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well obviously. Under the current scheme, the CSC-SS will throw you out for parading Post It!s on toothpicks. (and no, SS does not stand for stadium security)

We would need permission from the FO anyway if we were to have something that big.

12. chilistrider

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, in my pessimism I forgot to say that I think having a huge flag is a fantastic idea and I hope in the future we'll be allowed/encouraged to do so! Till then, maybe the PostIts on toothpicks ain't such a bad idea. Sadly...

13. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    This is a FANTASTIC idea!

At the tailgate for the first game some one should bring a bunch of little smokies with toothpicks sticking out of them. At the top can be the little post it flags, or post it notes.

Brilliant!

Oh yeah, Merry Christmahannakwanza Everyone and hope you all had a safe and happy new year.

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Damn, I was all prepared to bust out my puffy shirt and shout arrrrgggghhhh matey, two steps beyond the last defender.

15. chilistrider

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I'm curious. Did you end up making one of the flags? Still have time to...

16. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    I don't think flags of any size are a problem, it's the poles they are attached to that are the problem.......

17. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Sort of like guns huh ... they aren't the problem ... it's the morons that become attached to them that become the problem :eek:

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or FSL fans; it's not FSL fans that are the problem, it's the...no..wait...check that, it is FSL fans that are the problem

19. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Stylized State Flag...maybe a blue/green/blue stripe set?

And don't set it on a pole...make it a half-section flag, like they have in Dallas and KC.

As for others, we should try to dig up some flags for our international players(Israel, Argentina, Spain, etc.)

20. rockymtn_mike

rockymtn_mike New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Adams County, CO

I have a Haitian and a Basque flag for two of our lads.