Possible call-ups thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Cassano, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Also, from Saturday

No Cassano (Was Suspened for the game)
    1 Goal for Pazzini
    2 Goals for Dessana
    + A nice Intro ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBO2_l9t-Y"]YouTube - Sampdoria Reggina 5-0 Ampia Sintesi Guida al campionato 35a Giornata 09-05-09 HD 720p[/ame]

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    from Sunday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIjGYGNxYM"]YouTube - Milan Juventus 1-1 Sintesi Contro Campo 35a Giornata 10-05-09 HD 720p BIG MATCH[/ame]

3. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Well, Flamini's dad is from Rome and his mom is from Corsica, which we all know is more Italian than Sardinia.

I'm just saying... ;)

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    He has 3 caps with France...

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Corsica is more Italian that France is? Really? I never thought they cared about Italians and Italy...

6. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    For the record, I was kidding.

Re: Corsica, they actually have quite a history of Italian nationalism. When I last visited, I thought I was in Genova because of the architecture which I guess makes sense because Corsica once belonged to the Genovese Republic (ceded one year before Napoleone BUOnaparte was born :mad:). And don't get me started on Nizza.

Anyways, modern-day Corsicans are more French than anything else, but that doesn't change the fact that the Corsican dialect, which I've heard with my own ears, sounds quite a bit like Tuscan and therefore standard Italian. The original Corsicans, including Napoleon's family, were of Tuscan stock. So I think Corsica is definitely a historically Italian island and I (along with many others) would argue that Corsica has more Italian influences than Sardinia (you try explaining to non-Italians how names like Enriquez and Palmas are Italian and why they still speak a form of Catalan there). But that's different from saying that Corsica is more Italian than French. I would hesitate to make that claim in light of the past, I don't know, century of French rule.

My irredentist discourse notwithstanding, what's up with you guys? :p

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Felice Borel was born in Nizza when it belonged to Italy and played for Juventus and the Italian national team in 1934....

8. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    So was Garibaldi. Must have been pissed when we ceded it to France :D

9. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Aqualini is a lost cause, he is a great player when he is on form but is always hurt. Its a shame. I heard he is having another operation very soon.

10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Aquliani and Montolivo... I remember years back hearing how they were going to be the future central midfielders of the Azzurri. It's kind of sad if you think about it, I've seen then play some amazing games...

11. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Just looked up Borel on Wikipedia, and he seems to have been born in some province called Nizza that is in Piemonte. But I was talking about Nice in France.

Re: Aquilani, he just seems to be one of those players. Injury-prone doesn't even begin to describe him!

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Aquilani goes under the knife
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may12h.html

and

Montolivo has been busy with Ms. March.... ;)

[​IMG]
    Pic source: http://www.excite.it

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    aquilani is a shame, he played well in some big matches, i remember his good performances with not only the u21, but also against real madrid in the cl. injuries have probably already ruined him, montolivo just seems to be more of a big-match wuss right now. excellent talent, but no consistency and with the azzurri he freezes up...

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    From Coppa Italia Final.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haH74dmXEcU"]YouTube - Finale Coppa Italia 2009 - calci di rigore tra Lazio e Sampdoria 7-6[/ame]

15. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano deserved 5.0 at most.

16. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    his PK shot is 5.0 at most. If you take Cassano out of that game yesterday they probably wouldn't of had a shot on net. Did you watch the game?

De Silvestri -6.5: Made one key challenge on Pazzini after coming on

my heart stopped for a good 10 seconds after that one. Cassano skips by Kolarov and somehow kept it in play and perfectly placed for Pazzini, De Silvestre tracked back and didnt have much of an option ; cleared it across the face of goal, my goodness but im glad it turned out okay. Hopefully Lazio can take AS Merda's UEFA spot.

Lippi was in attendance at this game so hopefully he saw how Cassano made Samp pass the ball around in Lazio's half. Cassano is needed in the azzurri and he can't ignore it for much longer.

17. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I have, and he was very quiet and didn't do anything noticeable. If he had been in form he would have ripped you apart.

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thats your opinion and i respect it, but when lazio play with full concentration it is very hard to break down, hence good results vs bigger clubs and bad vs smaller clubs(serie a and coppa). Still i think this was a good performance for Cassano, he was doing spot on high crosses and low cross switches, attracting defenders, was beating his markers and never got a yellow. All these is what Lippi should be looking for in Cassano.

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wish he'd be a bit more modest, especially considering what little he's shown since returning.

21. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Well he found Pepe.... :p

22. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Azzurri Fwds as of 5/11/09, Stats are from Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga.
    (08/09 Season)

Gila -> 18 Goals + 2 Assists / 31 Games (2801 Minutes) Played
    Toni -> 13 Goals + 6 Assists / 23 Games (1908 Minutes) Played
    Quags -> 12(1 P.K) Goals + 4 Assists / 33 Games (2139 Minutes) Played
    Rossi -> 12(2 P.K) Goals + 7 Assists / 27 Games (1955 Minutes) Played
    Toto -> 12(3 P.K) Goals + 5 Assists / 22 Games (1386 Minutes) Played
    Pazzini -> 11(1 P.k) Goals + 2 Assists / 28 Games (1792 Minutes) Played
    Pazzini* -> 10 Goals + 1 Assist / 16 Games (1407 Minutes) Played (*Samp Stats)
    Iaquinta -> 9(1 P.K) Goals + 4 Assists / 25 Games (1473 Mintues) Played
    +
    Pepe -> 3 Goals + 2 Assists / 31 Games (2264 Minutes) Played
    Camo -> 1 Goal + 4 Assists / 16 Games (958 Minutes) Played
    Pirlo -> 1 Goal + 2 Assists / 23 Games (2126 Mutes) Played

Extra
    Di Vaio -> 22(6 P.k) Goals + 1 Asssit / 35 Games (3214 Minutes) Played
    Pippo -> 13 Goals + 1 Assist / 23 Games (1215 Minutes) Played
    Floccari -> 12(1 P.K) Goals + 5 Assists / 33 Games (3058 Minutes) Played
    Cassano -> 11(3 P.K) Goals + 10 Assists / 33 Games (3039 Minutes) Played
    ADP -> + 11(4 P.K) Goals + 8 Assists / 28 Games (2222 Minutes) Played
    +
    D'Agostino -> 9(4 P.k) Goals + 6 Assists / 33 Games (2900 Minutes) Played
    Ambro -> 4 Goals + 3 Assists / 26 Games (1952 Minutes) Played

23. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    from Saturday
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxB50-Crmg0"]YouTube - Udinese Milan 2-1 Ampia Sintesi Guida al Campionato HD 720p ok[/ame]

24. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    from Saturday
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEimOgfoZU"]YouTube - Roma Catania 4-3 Ampia Sintesi Guida al Campionato HD 720p[/ame]

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Lippi rep'd! Capello is an f'ing mercenary. LOL, the joke's on him because England aren't good enough to win anything.