Possible call-ups thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Cassano, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought we'd start a thread to track performances of players that could be useful to the Nazionale or that Lippi has his eye on.

Today Maggio put in another great performance and really should be given a chance with the Nazionale.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Lippi wants a box to box player who is hard working and can score goals...yeah Maggio is your man.

Also despite defeat, i thought Donadel had a good game. Right now i would rate him higher than Nocernino.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Donadel has always been in my mind one of the best players never to at least make one appearance with the Azzurri.

I mean if Carmine Coppola could get a cap...

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Good idea for a thread...................

5. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ledesma from Lazio??? why not?

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

I think it's a combination of our midfield not being creative enough at servicing Toni, and the fact that the German league sucks as well :p

Anyways, one name that currently has to stand out (especially after yesterdays performance) is Miccoli of Palermo. The guy was simply brilliant yesterday and his first goal in particular was INCREDIBLE. Miccoli has always shown flashes of brilliance during his career but unfortunately lack of consistency and injuries problems have always limited his potential. Maybe this year will be his year though.

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Argie in my opinion....

9. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lippi has called him before so maybe he will call him again if he can keep it up.

10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    No thanks. We already have enough naturalized Italians trying to get on the Azzurri :p

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Rosina?

I wish Balotelli could be given a chance too, right away.

12. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    Another great flick by Gila today. Oh well too bad Mauro Esposito played for Udine today instead of Antonio Di Natale. Mauro Camoranesi has been the best player in Seria A and for the NT. He is really in top gear. Pirlo no. Ambrosini no. Chiellini played well today. I thought Nocerini wasn't half bad yesterday. Aquilani stunk as he did on Wednesday. I still don't see what people see in him.

13. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'd love to see Rosina get the call. He'd be that link between the midfield and our strikers that we desperately need, and he looked great for us in that one senior call up that he actually did get last Fall. He's gonna have to show more promise this season for Torino than he did last season though.

14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Huh?

15. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    Like I said when Di natale plays weak teams he plays like Roberto Baggio when he plays good teams well the Mauro Esposito comes out in him

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Are you seriously looking to ruin yet another decent thread with your useless criticisms? You already made it quite clear about how much you don't like Di Natale on about 2-3 other threads, all of which ended up into an all out war.

Just stick to the subject of the thread for once.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like today he had a subpar performance and when he was taken off he mouthed off at De Biasi. That won't get him anywhere fast.

18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    He needs to just get out of that club and FAST.

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    U may have a point :eek:

20. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be fair, it was clear that Udinese were just looking to pick up a point, which isn't unheard of when you're at Juve missing your starting CBs (Zapata and Felipe).

21. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    ???

22. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    Apparently when people disagree with you they are useless criticisms. I was specifically looking at Di natale to see how he fared against a very good Juve team. And he fared poorly. Should he be called up for the next NT games probably. I still want to see how good he does against good teams which for me is important. Other then major teams in Seria A how can you rate Di natale. Other players can be rated by their CL play.

The subject of the thread is who should be called up for the NT. I was discussing players that should be called up to the NT. If you want everyone to agree with you then start a thread called only people that agree with me post here.

23. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Shall we compare him to what his hero accomplished in the match today? Ah yes, that's right, not much. We only saw him for the final 4 minutes :rolleyes:

Anyways, I REALLY don't wanna turn this thread into yet another debate regarding ADP, Di Natale, Totti, etc. Once again, lets just stick to the topic at hand :)

24. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    It's two games into the season and so far he's only gotten to play against one high profile club. I guess he's not allowed to have the occassional off game, especially when you consider that the entire Udine attack was relatively useless today and not just him.

25. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    Udinese was awful- It should have been 4-0 if Iaquinta and Amauri hadn't done a Toni Euro2008 imitation.